Talk about your game experiences!

Draku
What are you playing right now lads, Enjoying yourself? Stuck on anything? Post caps of stupid shit or where you're at in whatever you're playing right now or just finished recently.

Fate/Grand Order Lostbelt 5.2 Spoilers:
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yrrzy
the only video game i play these days is Noita and its pretty fun

[Image: noita-20220406-192820-1821443806-00045209.gif]
it do rly be like this tho
Amoeba
Totally Absolute BS

[Image: 9FKrfCV.png]

We got a big incline with lots of jerks in formation on the other side. The incline pretty much makes every artillery piece and large unit's AI commit Chernobyl.

[Image: PuhlDGY.png]

Upfront there's tanky monks with harpooners in the center to draw any cavalry, and swamp any infantry units, which are the only things that don't flip out on this incline.

[Image: tg5Njig.png]

And in the back, we have bring-your-child-to-the-work day in a firing line. I can't get my units to stay in such a nice formation, but the enemy seems to have no problem. Anything peeking over the hill gets picked off while the monks hit them with their yes bulli sticks.
Hearts
I started playing Kirby and the Forgotten Land with my brother and it's my first Kirby game in 20 years (my last was Nightmare in Dreamland). We've only cleared it through Everbay Coast so far but it's a good time. Awoofy is a friend

A friend (not awoofy) also gifted me Atelier Rorona on my birthday and I started that recently. I've never touched the Atelier series before despite always thinking it looked cute, and I've pretty much gotten what I expected out of it so far. It's a bit dated, but it is a JRPG from 2009. Anyway, it's comfy. I think in some of the last few games I've tried to play, I lost track of what makes a game a rewarding experience - I keep stressing about grinding through my backlog and get annoyed when I reach a hard part in a game that "wastes my time". And it's like, why the fuck am I playing these games then if I'm just playing them to finish them? So playing through a slow, simple, relaxing game like Rorona has been a bit of a palate cleanser. It's nice.
Draku
(Apr 7, 2022 at 8:36 AM)Hearts Wrote: I started playing Kirby and the Forgotten Land with my brother and it's my first Kirby game in 20 years (my last was Nightmare in Dreamland). We've only cleared it through Everbay Coast so far but it's a good time. Awoofy is a friend
I started playing it myself yesterday and am not too far either, my main issue with the 100% this time is that the missions are kind of weird. Some of them you would have to make a lucky guess about, vast majority will happen if you just explore everywhere, but the ones that have multiple objectives that need to be fulfilled are agonizing because the placement of said mini-objectives is always completely fucked pacing-wise. There will be 2 or 3 right next to each other and one behind the end goalpost in some levels, that kind of thing that makes you constantly feel like you missed one the entire time as you backtrace your steps.

Also the boss missions are just kind of shittily thought out in general.

However the core gameplay is ace and a fantastic amount of effort was clearly put in so I'm definitely enjoying it.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Aidan
[Image: VYFAQvJ.jpg]
been playing final fantasy explorers, basically ff3 meets monster hunter
it wavers between brilliant and insane all the time. you can guard, dodge, parry and generally reposition but those are all weapon skills so a pure caster just can't
you can customize your moves to add status, more hits, combo bonus damage, even cancels into other moves but it's a slow semi-random process to get those upgrades
it's easy as shit by default but you have extra objectives like no items no deaths or just give enemies doubled stats
i'm addicted to just seeing new moves at this point. it'll be interesting to see if i like it more once i have everything or if it fizzles out. i had a sick katana duel with odin which was tons of fun but they keep hinting that i should farm for wolf asses or whatever
Spritanium
I have spent the last year and a half of my life honing my Left 4 Dead 2 vocalizer skills. I'm a solid B+ co-op player, but what I'm really proud of is that I can carry semi-nonsensical conversations using voice lines from any of the 8 survivors. At this point the game feels empty if I don't happen upon another person who does this too (luckily I normally do)
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Pea
i got the pc game pass and, as a result, played through tetris effect

some of the songs are great. i enjoyed the whole concept of playing music as you move the blocks around.

now to go play strangers of paradise and fucking suffer
Aidan
(Apr 6, 2022 at 10:07 PM)Amoeba Wrote: Totally Absolute BS

[Image: 9FKrfCV.png]

We got a big incline with lots of jerks in formation on the other side. The incline pretty much makes every artillery piece and large unit's AI commit Chernobyl.

[Image: PuhlDGY.png]

Upfront there's tanky monks with harpooners in the center to draw any cavalry, and swamp any infantry units, which are the only things that don't flip out on this incline.

[Image: tg5Njig.png]

And in the back, we have bring-your-child-to-the-work day in a firing line. I can't get my units to stay in such a nice formation, but the enemy seems to have no problem. Anything peeking over the hill gets picked off while the monks hit them with their yes bulli sticks.

WHAT DID YUO DO DID U DIE
Piarbollian
I completed FOUR Mario games in the same day once. (SMB1, American SMB2, SMW, and NSMB)
It was Mar10 Day, so I went "Eh, sure." and decided to do that. Mario Emoji
I'd say I'm some of that Good Sh*t myself.
sealelement
(Apr 9, 2022 at 3:13 AM)Piarbollian Wrote: I completed FOUR Mario games in the same day once. (SMB1, American SMB2, SMW, and NSMB)
It was Mar10 Day, so I went "Eh, sure." and decided to do that. Mario Emoji

hey, did you know that the american SMB2 was actually based off of this obscure japanese game called doki doki panic? the japanese got the real super mario bros 2- which we later got as "the lost levels"
100% pure gamer 100%
Fun With Despair
I have put 200 hours into Elden Ring in the past month and a half. I don't think the game is perfect and I understand why some people don't really vibe with it compared to some of the other souls games, even if that seems to be a minority of people judging by reviews, but I do think it's probably the best game I have played in a very long time and quite literally the only open world game I have liked in a very long time.

Every time I find something new I want to try a new build to use that thing, and I am constantly finding new shit even with all these hours. Not all of it is major, usually just a small side dungeon with some random spell or weapon or something. Sure, many bosses are reused as well as enemies and area aesthetics, but compared to something like skyrim, the variety is astounding for a game its size, and even with the reused aesthetics, so many dungeons are unique and interesting.

Like, I was exploring this sewer area the other day and got knocked to the bottom by an enemy and managed to survive the fall and discovered a dungeon I hadn't found before in my 200 hours. It looked similar enough to other catacomb areas, but the dungeon was built entirely around being a sequence of rooms that appeared to loop with minor changes infinitely and to progress you had to look closely and notice which areas had a difference from their previous iterations and do something in that room, which while not a brand new concept or anything, is such a fucking breath of fresh air compared to the pathetic excuses for dungeons that even Breath of the Wild has.

The game isnt perfect, but its probably about as close as it can get for me. I still prefer Bloodborne somewhat entirely because the weapons are cool and if the aesthetic was a human being i would have sex with it, but Elden Ring is going to be a game that I don't think I will ever be able to tear myself away from, especially considering I STILL play through Bloodborne like monthly
Pea
i played dicey dungeons and it's fun except for the part where the enemy rolls 5 6s and my robot decides to get the worst rolls possible
B3ll3
i played lotr the fellow of the ring for ps2 yesterday and it was pretty fun experiencing shit from the childhood that i hadnt seen in almost twenty years. the game world itself seemed weirdly smaller than i remember though fsr? i know people from back then who i see now seem smaller because i literally got bigger irl but seeing a digital world shrink apparently was kinda whack though im guessing it has something to do with that weird effect where time seems to get faster as we get older
Aidan
[img][/img]
(Apr 10, 2022 at 4:30 PM)Shygul Wrote: i played lotr the fellow of the ring for ps2 yesterday and it was pretty fun experiencing shit from the childhood that i hadnt seen in almost twenty years. the game world itself seemed weirdly smaller than i remember though fsr? i know people from back then who i see now seem smaller because i literally got bigger irl but seeing a digital world shrink apparently was kinda whack though im guessing it has something to do with that weird effect where time seems to get faster as we get older

just move closer to the tv fam
B3ll3
i dont think thats it cuz my tv is bigger now i played in on a small crt back in two thousand five
Aidan
crt feels bigger because it's not HD
if you want the feel of a big game on HDTV you have to sit really close
B3ll3
its actually working wtf
Reeb
I gave Elden Ring the old college try, but my computer couldn't handle it. Render distances were wonky and the game seems to prioritize loading in geometry over creatures, even if I'm in a boss fight. Tweaking it to try and get it to a state where it could run meant I went over the refund time on Steam! Ah well. Maybe I'll have a better PC to run it on sometime in the future.

Right now I haven't been playing much of anything besides comfort games. Jackbox, Fate Grand Order, some DBZ games that're pretty braindead...

I did finish the Master Chief Collection not that long ago, though, co-oping pretty much the whole thing through. It was disappointing to find that Halo 2 is the worst ported thing in the collection; in spite of it being remastered most recently and thus hilariously enough having the best graphics in the entire package if you choose to enable them, it runs the worst and's the only one that I had to resort to completing a few levels offline in because it was interspersed with several crashes. The final level of the campaign was outright incompletable with friends along; every time we did it, we'd crash during the first skirmish two or three minutes in. Otherwise it was a pretty enjoyable experience.

Combat Evolved is more of a slog than I remembered it, Halo 2 was a little less enjoyable than I recall but still good, Halo 3 is great, Halo Reach is great, Halo ODST was probably one of the weaker Bungie entries but not nearly as bad now that I wasn't a kid anymore (ergo it was enjoyable and only had a few slip-ups), and Halo 4 was...Actually better than I remember it, but I remembered it as being the thing that turned me off from Halo, so I guess that's not a high bar to clear, huh? It was still probably the worst part of the replay, other than maybe some bits of Combat Evolved.
sealelement
i started playing the quake remaster, got bored because quake single player kind of sucks so i swapped over to the new episodes and wow. this is pretty neat tbh

also i'm playing the new kirby and i like it a lot. i wish a couple of favorite abilities of mine like smash, throw, plasma, wheel, and yoyo got in but i feel like the lineup they have in this is solid as it is. which is really the only complaint i have tbh other than mr frosty being a super bitch to no hit

Quote:Tweaking it to try and get it to a state where it could run meant I went over the refund time on Steam! Ah well. Maybe I'll have a better PC to run it on sometime in the future.
i mean, you should be able to contact support for the refund anyways. it's just not automatic. sucks it didnt work tho
100% pure gamer 100%