Mario
So Shigeru Miyamoto picked Illumination because Chris Meledandri had a creative style similar to his, I'M NOT BUYING IT!!! The real reason why Miyamoto picked Illumination because he knows that if a Universal owned studio produces it, it will have it's television premiere on NBC. I DON'T WANT ANYTHING MARIO ON NBC's AFFILIATES, I WANT IT TO AIR ON EITHER FOX, THE CW, OR MyTV BECAUSE THEIR AFFILIATES AIRED THIS SHOW The Lionhearts - Wikipedia, AND NBC AFFILIATES HAVE NEVER AIRED IT!!! Besides NBC already has aired the old Mario cartoons on their Saturday Morning lineup back in the 90's. Besides 4Kids Entertainment promised us a new Mario Cartoon back in 2002 or 2003 and that would have put Mario on Fox, but never gave us one. I want Mario to finally have an airing of something on networks that he was supposed to be airing on.
Draku
im still baffled at choosing fucking illumination of all things

i had the displeasure of having to watch the rise of gru trailer before sonic 2, and apparently the writer of that is doing the mario movie.

with the absolutely absurd cast listing on top of it all i can't see this being anything other than genuinely worse than the first mario film. like holy fuck
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yrrzy
i maintain it shoulda been Danny Devito as Mario
Draku
(Apr 26, 2022 at 9:59 AM)Yrrzy Wrote: i maintain it shoulda been Danny Devito as Mario
that would have been a perfect casting if they HAD to choose someone other than martinet tbh
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yrrzy
especially across from charlie day
Mario
(Apr 26, 2022 at 4:05 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: especially across from charlie day
Because the Mario cartoons from the late 80's and early 90's (Super Mario Bros. Super Show, The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World) and the 1993 Super Mario Bros. movie aired on 65 stations that have aired The Lionhearts, but Sonic aired on almost every single station that aired the Lionhearts with all the cartoons that Sonic has (The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic SatAM, Sonic Underground, Sonic X, Sonic Boom). That is one of the biggest reasons why I hate the Sonic franchise with a passion, because of all the cartoons that Sonic had while Mario hasn't had a cartoon in 30 years. The only NBC station back in 1990 when the Mario cartoons was a part of NBC's Saturday Morning Lineup was WPTF 28 in Raleigh, North Carolina (now WRDC 28, a MyTV affiliate). It's the other 22 stations that have aired the Lionhearts that have never aired anything Mario (There were 87 stations that have aired the Lionhearts) and not a single current NBC station aired the Lionhearts. So there you have it, that is why I want the upcoming Super Mario movie to air over either Fox, The CW, or MyTV and not on NBC, because if Sonic can have a cartoon on every station that aired the Lionhearts, then Mario should have that same treatment too.
Pea
i think mario should jump off a cliff int he movie and then go off-screen but he bounces back upwards doing an UH OH face it'd be very funny
Yrrzy
supposedly the delay is because the test screening went abysmally, and rumours say its a musical
Mario
Yes OTA stations not cable channels. And now as I mentioned before I want the upcoming Super Mario movie to air on stations that aired on stations that aired the Lionhearts that has never aired anything Mario, for an example The Lionhearts in Philadelphia aired on WPHL 17, but everything that Mario had back in the 90's aired on WGBS 57 (now WPSG CW 57) which means I want the upcoming Super Mario movie to air on WPHL 17 and not on WCAU 10 which is the NBC station in Philadelphia, now you get it?
Aidan
they need extra time to add the scene where peach kicks bowser right in the super mushrooms
Mario
I remember watching all three Super Mario Bros. cartoon shows when they were on originally during my middle school years, and as a part of the Captain N and the Video Gamemasters in syndication, but not their re-airings on cable (The Mario Cartoons run on The Family Channel was awful because they did air all the episodes).

There was supposed to be a new Super Mario Bros. cartoon fifteen years ago as a part of the Fox Box/4Kids TV when 4Kids Entertainment has the rights to produce cartoons based on Nintendo's IPs, but why the name of God did 4Kids produced Kirby: Right Back At Ya and F-Zero GP Legends instead of the new Super Mario Bros. cartoon that 4Kids promised us. 4Kids would have given us a way much better Mario cartoon than what DIC gave us with full 22 minute animated episodes, no live action segments like The Super Show had with Captain Lou Albano and Danny Wells, no stupid songs sung by the koopalings in the SMB 3 and SMW cartoons, and no pointless non-cannon characters like Oogtar in the SMW cartoon. Why did 4Kids break their promise that they would finally give Mario a descent cartoon show, not to mention that because 4Kids stabbed us in the back, Sonic has had five cartoon shows (4Kids gave Sonic one) and Mario hasn't had a cartoon show in almost 30 years. Now Universal has the cartoon rights to Nintendo's IPs with the new Super Mario Bros. movie that is being produced by Illumination. I sure hope if in the case that this new SMB movie that is currently in production is a box office smash would air on Fox or the CW and not over NBC because they have aired the Super Mario Cartoons as a part of their Saturday morning lineup, and to fulfill a promise that 4Kids broke to us Mario fans. Please SMB on Fox or the CW please.
Mario
Reeb
When I first saw this message I really thought he was going to say "After consulting with Chris-san, my
brother in Christ"
Yrrzy
chris-chan..........
Mario
Do I have to explain this to you guys again? Alright once again let me explain to you what I want.

I want the following over the air broadcast stations:
KASY 50 Albuquerque
WGMB 44 Baton Rouge
WTVC 9 Chattanooga
WPWR 50 Chicago
WXIX 19 Cincinnati
WBNX 55 Cleveland
WRGT 45 Dayton
KAIL 53 Fresno
WFBC 40 Greenville SC
KIKU 20 Honolulu
WBXX 20 Knoxville
WMSP 9 Minneapolis
WNOL 38 New Orleans
WPHL 17 Philadelphia
KUTP 45 Phoenix
WFFF 44 Plattsburgh
KRRT 35 San Antonio
KSWB 69 San Diego
KSKN 22 Spokane
WNYS 43 Syracuse
WTTA 38 Tampa
KWKT 44 Waco

To air this: Untitled Mario film - Wikipedia because those stations have aired this: The Lionhearts - Wikipedia but have never aired either this: The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! - Wikipedia or this: The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 - Wikipedia or this: Super Mario World (TV series) - Wikipedia or this: Super Mario Bros. (film) - Wikipedia Now Mario will never get to air on those stations if this network: NBC - Wikipedia because their affiliates have never aired the Lionhearts. Considering the fact that all of Illumination's movies have had their television premieres on NBC and they are producing the upcoming Mario movie. Because of this, the only hope that Mario will ever get to be on those stations that I have listed above become NBC affiliates in their respective cities before the Mario movie premieres on television which is unlikely to happen. So there you have it again, you guys can't be confused now.
Spritanium
I think the reason they delayed the movie is because it was an exact 1:1 representation of the mocking "fellow kids" memes about it to the point where it would've bombed harder than mrobius, so they're trying to make it more like the Sonic movies
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Aidan
(May 5, 2022 at 5:27 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I think the reason they delayed the movie is because it was an exact 1:1 representation of the mocking "fellow kids" memes about it to the point where it would've bombed harder than mrobius, so they're trying to make it more like the Sonic movies

i can believe that the movie was so bad it was deemed unreleasable but i do not believe they're going to fix it
Morbius
(May 5, 2022 at 5:27 PM)Spritanium Wrote: it would've bombed harder than mrobius
[Image: morbius-trailer-vampire-sony.jpg?resize=400%2C400]
Spritanium
Oh shit, I'm too young to get morbed
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Yrrzy
(May 26, 2022 at 5:35 PM)Morbius Wrote:
(May 5, 2022 at 5:27 PM)Spritanium Wrote: it would've bombed harder than mrobius
[Image: morbius-trailer-vampire-sony.jpg?resize=400%2C400]

lemme see that morbussy