family guy defeated me and broke me. a thread and garrison post-mortem

sealelement
look fuck family guy okay. i have more stuff happening in my personal life lately that takes priority, but the reason that the character chart garrison is dead is really more because it's torture to actually pay attention to this trash. i will never watch family guy again or sing any praise about it. it is an underachieving product born from imitating the style but not substance of old sitcoms and hanna barbera cartoons.

instead this thread and the remainder of the garrison will be reflections on family guy as i get it out of my system. think of this thread as me having my stomach pumped.

something i was thinking of the other day is how, classic simpsons and the simpsons as a whole have such an explosive cultural impact. like people a decade younger than me are looking up old episodes of the simpsons and watching them and enjoying them. and yet, i only ever see family guy brought up as like a punchline for how lazy its style of humor and animation are.

i know that the simpsons was HUGE, and that disney is really pushing the simpsons with disney+, but how and why did family guy fall off the map so hard? what happened? was it really the episode where brian died causing view numbers to plummet? please discuss with me in this thread as i continue to think on this and post more reflections later.

100% pure gamer 100%
Aidan
PEETAH OUR SHOW NEARLY KILLED THIS WOMAN