How many interests do you have to have before you're interesting?

T-man
Everyone says having a wide variety of interests and hobbies makes for a more well-rounded individual. What do you suppose the minimum number on that is? Do you think there are people out there who take on hobbies they otherwise wouldn't for the sake of fleshing out their persona for the benefit of others? I often worry that I'm boring because I have a relatively narrow scope of interests and I don't find myself naturally gravitating toward new/different things.

What say you Minus World? What are your hobbies and interests? Have you ever played a sport or an instrument because you thought people would think you were cool? I wish I liked to read books so I could give some legitimacy to my glasses.
Fun With Despair
just one: bloodborne
Amoeba
I think people care more about skill than your interest in things. So, if you play instruments, its much more valid to others than saying "I'm interested in or like listening to this instrument". Too bad instruments are hella expensive, cuz I want to learn one without the price of a PS5
Aidan
it isn't quantity, rather each interest has an Interest Coefficient (IC)
interest in dark souls games is low IC because everyone loves them and they're not very good
however if you're interested in pop punk bands from the 90s that no one ever listened to, you may be very interesting
it's easy to tell if an interest is interesting. describe it to someone, and listen closely. if it's interesting, they will say "IC"
Evil Yoshi Toes
Yes I agree it is the quality of the interest that is important and I also think people with no interests are interesting because they must not do much which is fascinating but i guess i dont do a lot either now that i think about it!!

the best is to match an interest with someone who is otherwise quite a bit different. that way you can share in an experience, but also allow each other to experience new things!
Yrrzy
having no interests in interesting but in the same way that finding a mystery turd in your house is interesting
Spritanium
I think there's a lot more to being interesting than having a variety of hobbies; I have more hobbies than I know what to do with and I'm still the most boring guy on the planet
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Yrrzy
yea some peoples hobbies are Rick & Morty, Funko Pop Collecting, and Posting on Reddit
Hearts
I think it also depends on how deep you are into a thing. Having a surface level interest in a lot of things is different from being a virtuoso at a thing
sealelement
nine. its exactly nine. no more, no less
sealelement
t-man oh my god just because your PC is breaking doesn;t mean you have to go outside and start talking to people wtf?
100% pure gamer 100%
Yrrzy
some peoples hobbies are family guy and the nostalgia critic
T-man
(Aug 31, 2022 at 5:53 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: some peoples hobbies are family guy and the nostalgia critic
I think there needs to be a website like Frinkiac for Family Guy but instead it tells you where all the jokes and references are taken from
Pea
i consider myself to be interesting enough with all the hobbies i have
sealelement
(Aug 31, 2022 at 7:16 PM)T-man Wrote:
(Aug 31, 2022 at 5:53 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: some peoples hobbies are family guy and the nostalgia critic
I think there needs to be a website like Frinkiac for Family Guy but instead it tells you where all the jokes and references are taken from

there really doesn't need to be that
100% pure gamer 100%
T-man
(Sep 1, 2022 at 12:43 PM)sealelement Wrote: there really doesn't need to be that
So are you saying running theclam.com/wiki would not make me interesting?
sealelement
(Sep 1, 2022 at 1:35 PM)T-man Wrote:
(Sep 1, 2022 at 12:43 PM)sealelement Wrote: there really doesn't need to be that
So are you saying running theclam.com/wiki would not make me interesting?

yes, i am saying that having a website where i can find out the exact episode the cookie monster calls his drug rehab clinic handlers nazis is a worse waste of electricity than NFTs, and i am deeply concerned that you know enough about family guy to just make a hypothetical website that's a reference to the series like that. seek help for your sin; i was cured, and you can be, too
100% pure gamer 100%
Aidan

I remember the time so you don't have to