God
post all your favourite Gangster Popeye memes

Gangster Popeye's meme game has changed a lot since last time we made this thread. let's take a look at some of her finer recent works

Slurs:

[Image: 14462944_610951282418970_666595689839444...e=585FD9FD]

[Image: 14457482_608884929292272_854953482332044...e=5867977B]

[Image: 14462804_609441782569920_653452724411262...e=58A9DEF8]

[Image: 14441007_609833089197456_857396589332196...e=587173C1]
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Yrrzy
first image contains two slurs :T
God
good attempt at derailing but

[Image: 93ca4fa4ac2321a3a3fc1e562e3cc5f5.png]
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Yrrzy
i mean ethnic slurs against groups of people in europe are certainly entirely different than racial slurs but I mean there's still a level of xenophobia in europe toward certain ethnicities, especially the polish, such that even after ww2 passed and they aren't literally being genocided atm, they still experience the same kind of treatment in countries like the UK that mexicans/latinx do in america

but nah ur right even literal genocide doesnt make people oppressed if theyre white
God
that's nice but idk where you're getting the idea that i share the same opinions as Gangster Popeye does, or that Gangster Popeye said anything to do with genocide/white people being oppressed. i also would not compare the latinx/indigenous Americans experience of white-colonised America to anything remotely similar to white-on-white European politics. if you want to make a topic discussing those things please feel free to do so; this thread is for posting Gangster Popeye memes.
Yrrzy
im just sayin that post breaks rules and im giving you a verbal warning and a chance to edit it to remove the offending image or put it in spoiler tags as per the discrimination rule.
Spritanium
Notifying you of a rule violation is not derailing in any way shape or form.
Da Rules Wrote:The use of slurs is also prohibited...This is an encompassing rule, **so it's not exclusive to minorities**.
Minus World should be a comfortable environment for everybody who comes here; while it's not a safe space, it's also not a place where anybody should have to be faced with discrimination, regardless of your personal views about certain types of discrimination being okay.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
God
i'll take the warning
God
let's get that Blood Post count going
Spritanium
Blood Post count still is fixed at zero currently, but we're planning a page where you can increase the number by linking to the post in question and providing a description of why it counts. Be sure to bookmark this thread for future reference Cheese
Spritanium
Also licking is not enough for anal
God
(Oct 3, 2016 at 4:57 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Blood Post count still is fixed at zero currently, but we're planning a page where you can increase the number by linking to the post in question and providing a description of why it counts. Be sure to bookmark this thread for future reference Cheese

thanks for the heads up.

i apologise if the post has offended anyone. whilst i don't think that Gangster Popeye's artwork is particularly discriminatory in any fashion (considering that she identifies with the slurs she has used), i would like to stress that her art is not reflective of my opinions or atitudes, and i'm merely posting them to celebrate her artwork
Spritanium
Yeah, I understand. I don't think anyone was offended in this instance, it's just that we need to be consistent with stuff like this to maximize everybody's enjoyment of the forum
God
(Oct 3, 2016 at 5:15 PM)Spritanium Wrote: it's just that we need to be consistent with stuff like this to maximize everybody's enjoyment of the forum

we all know that this simply isn't the reason why I've been warned, though.
Mario
[deleted]
Spritanium
(Oct 3, 2016 at 10:07 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote:
(Oct 3, 2016 at 5:15 PM)Spritanium Wrote: it's just that we need to be consistent with stuff like this to maximize everybody's enjoyment of the forum

we all know that this simply isn't the reason why I've been warned, though.
Well it is, you just happen to be the only one breaking this particular rule at this point in time

I don't think it's much to ask that you use a spoiler in the future, do you?
Spritanium
Or use a content warning in the title (I think this is also acceptable but someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Shroomguy
Meme game going strong in this meta
The Beef Baron
God
like i said, i'm totally fine with taking the warn. i'm not going to apologise for inadvertently posting a slur about a white ethnicity and it isn't my responsibility to censor Gangster Popeye's artistic statements.

i don't think the forum is in any danger of anti-polish sentiment being commonplace, nor does Gangster Popeye's message that reading is for P-word imply anti-Polish sentiment. Gangster Popeye's artworks constantly subverts right-wing sentiment in a camp setting as a way to highlight the absurdity of such beliefs.

i just don't really see why we're pretending that the current iteration of the racism rule is for maximising the enjoyment of everyone when it clearly uses a reactionary definition of racism solely intended for making white users feel comfortable on MW.
Mario
[deleted]