The Artificial Art Debacle (artists are the first people this ever happened to)

Draku
fucking Artists, we need to take them out right after we're done with all of those dirty Gamers.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
one time I paid an artist in exposure and they said I said I was small, wtf
Aidan
id like to see an AI draw THIS smokin hot scantily clad babe holding 2 EX. your move sky net
[Image: PG5js62.png]
Kabuto
personally if i ever find the computer who thought it was so smart it could come up with pictures i would kill that fucking bitch on sight. even if ai art looks weird and bad, i just don't understand why we need it at all. Even when it does something like take away the jobs of New Yorker political comic illustrators, who i hate, its stupid. It's just an inherent problem with AI under capitalism. The owners want to automate creative processes so the average worker doesn't have any distractions from producing and consooming. It's fucking bullshit
[Image: Bandit_-_russian_dancing.gif]
Spritanium
Good video about AI: https://youtu.be/jPhJbKBuNnA

I think this is basically just a superhuman version of learning and creativity. We hate it mostly because of the ways humans can use it to hurt other people

AI doesn't hurt people, people use AI to hurt people. This post was sponsored by the National Rifle Association.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Aidan
spritey how are you gonna survive now that ai can code
also can you get an ai to code the luigi quest
Spritanium
It's gonna take my job too and then I'll be just as pissed off as the artists
Aidan
the circle of life
T-man
when can we have AI Minus World users to post so we don't have to
Draku
(Feb 15, 2023 at 2:17 PM)T-man Wrote: when can we have AI Minus World users to post so we don't have to
gentlegAI join mw
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
(Feb 15, 2023 at 2:17 PM)T-man Wrote: when can we have AI Minus World users to post so we don't have to
It might be a bad time to reveal this, but I have actually always been an AI
Spritanium
AI artists: "I will not have my artistic input discounted"

AI artists' artistic input: "big tiddy anime girl blonde sexy big large bazonkas huge boobs mommy milkers photorealistic lifelike heart shaped nipples gallons of heavy cream blasting from the nipples"
T-man
I've found that I have no interest in AI images without seeing the prompt used to make it, probably because it's the only human element and seeing what series of magic words they jumbled together is far more entertaining than the result.
sealelement
i never thought of it that way, but yeah you're right as usual t-man, it's like the image is the joke and the prompt is the punchline
100% pure gamer 100%
Indiana Jones (Old)
"man who cannot enjoy ai generated art unless the prompt is included"
[Image: bkLimQB.png]
GamerTower
I just think the anti-ai programs artists are using for their art is just kinda funny ngl.
Spritanium
Can't believe we're doing this thing again but now the people we're feeling bad for are The Pokemon Company
Spritanium
I have shocking evidence that polygon theft has occurred here

[Image: apples-oranges.png]
Fun With Despair
I don't feel bad for the Pokemon Company at all, but I do hate Palworld because it's a cheap asset flip and I find the focus on guns and pokemon slave labor to be extremely cringeworthy and needlessly edgy and attention whorish
Spritanium
100% agree, I just think it's funny that all it takes to shake up the Pokemon market is to copy their models into a different game and add guns. I don't think there's another series where the IP itself has such innate appeal that is so underserved in the actual product