Elyk
I like the new moves. It also looks like Mario can jump higher in this game than previous 3D titles.
Spritanium
(Jan 15, 2017 at 6:48 PM)mit Wrote: it's so weird seeing people compare this game to sonic 06 based on the one city level, as if sonic being in a realistic environment is why that entire game didnt fucking work
Yeah Sonic Adventure is obviously the feel they were going for, I guess I'm an old fucker for immediately thinking of that instead of Sonic 06
[Image: supercorrect.png]
fucker5
I'm so excited for this. I love how they're finally making a proper new 3D Mario that isn't a sequel to an existing one, and I love the direction they're taking the environments. Everything looks so massive and fun to explore while also being really pretty to look at. I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!!!!
T-man
I really like how they're using the hat to spring and lengthen jumps. It looks really natural.
Spritanium
I'm concerned about the success of the Switch with Odyssey being released so far after launch, then again the same thing happened with Galaxy and the Wii wasn't exactly a failure
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
This isn't a Mario game for normies anyway. It won't really matter.
Draku
(Jan 16, 2017 at 3:06 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I'm concerned about the success of the Switch with Odyssey being released so far after launch, then again the same thing happened with Galaxy and the Wii wasn't exactly a failure
you do realize the point of this game's release date is to boost switch sales during the christmas period right?
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Mario
yeah I think Nintendo's release strategy for 2017 is pretty sound. Launch a huge title like Zelda at launch and then Holiday launch Mario so people remember the Switch

Shame there aren't more games but I guess third parties are still pissed about the wii u lol
mit
i'm okay with mario being released in holiday but something about having to wait a month for mario kart bothers me. it's a port, yes, but if i had it at launch it'd keep me occupied with the console long after i finish zelda and into arms or whatever game is next on the launch schedule
[Image: 13a3785a5b.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: fef8774bcc.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: f5cb2d4fad.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: b7385c9f62.png]
Mario
just don't buy the switch until it comes out
Draku
(Jan 16, 2017 at 10:49 PM)mit Wrote: i'm okay with mario being released in holiday but something about having to wait a month for mario kart bothers me. it's a port, yes, but if i had it at launch it'd keep me occupied with the console long after i finish zelda and into arms or whatever game is next on the launch schedule
The idea is to have paced out releases rather than any huge droughts like the WiiU had, which is a much better idea and keeps the console alive in people's heads much better than dumping a bunch of shit on launch day would. I'll bet that MK8D has been done for months.
mit
(Jan 16, 2017 at 10:58 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Jan 16, 2017 at 10:49 PM)mit Wrote: i'm okay with mario being released in holiday but something about having to wait a month for mario kart bothers me. it's a port, yes, but if i had it at launch it'd keep me occupied with the console long after i finish zelda and into arms or whatever game is next on the launch schedule
The idea is to have paced out releases rather than any huge droughts like the WiiU had, which is a much better idea and keeps the console alive in people's heads much better than dumping a bunch of shit on launch day would. I'll bet that MK8D has been done for months.

i figured, it just feels weird having one HUGE game (zelda) at launch and the rest of it's real small. i feel like mario kart also being in the launch window would've rounded it out a bit and might not hurt longtime sales being a port of a 2 year old game. it's kinda like how the wii u launched with NSMBU, yea it wasn't anything substantial, but it helped make the launch window seem more well-rounded

i guess my point is that mario inherently has more of a universal appeal than zelda tends to have and mario missing a launch for the most part just feels weird
[Image: 13a3785a5b.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: fef8774bcc.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: f5cb2d4fad.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: b7385c9f62.png]
Draku
Think of it this way: Buying a console is a big investment for most people. They will pick up one game on launch day alongside the console and it'll probably be Zelda. Then, when a short amount of time passes and the normal casual user may have made some decent progress in Zelda (which is likely to be a decently long game, remember that not everyone can play hours on end a day right at release) and they want another game, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will come out and they'll have their interest piqued to go out and grab it too, especially with their wallet somewhat recharged.

It makes a LOT more sense.
Mario
since the switch is sold out of pre-orders in most places, I think Nintendo knows what it's doing. itd suck if you're a mario kart fiend like me and can't even play the latest one because the console sold out the day after the announcement and you don't want t owait in line before a store opens
Elyk
Yeah I'm okay with Mario Odyssey not coming out until later this year because it means I don't have to fight to get a console now.
sealelement
Yeah getting a Wii was such a pain in the ass for a long time and then it just had nothing but garbage for years in terms of games
100% pure gamer 100%
Yrrzy
T-man

3 minutes of footage stretched to an hour and 23 minutes.
Syaxamaphone
This is a god damn feature-length film!
[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
Elyk
I watched the whole thing. He spends most of the time stitching together the levels from what little was seen in the trailer and does a pretty good job of it. I was initially worried that the worlds would be way too large but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Thread Tags

switch mario