T-man

Original Post:
Draku
too little info to tell if it's galaxy-like or 64-like

which will be the true deciding factor of quality
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
First impressions tell me that it's Galaxy-like, but who knows. It could even be something different.
Draku
(Oct 20, 2016 at 2:59 PM)T-man Wrote: First impressions tell me that it's Galaxy-like, but who knows. It could even be something different.
yeah that's what it seems like which is extremely unfortunate but i don't want to make the call this early off of such low amounts of footage, considering many 64 stage portions are deceptively linear looking when taken out of context.

i'd much rather have more 3d world type games than another galaxy game that doesn't really engage anything that 3d mario gameplay does well.

another 64 would be the second coming of christ though
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
mit
gameplay looks really solid. looked a bit less "stilted" than galaxy which is nice, even though all they showed was mario running and jumping in a straight line
[Image: 13a3785a5b.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: fef8774bcc.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: f5cb2d4fad.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: b7385c9f62.png]
MSO
fully erect

this looks like a 64 sequel, and the subtlety in Mario's animations is superb

I think that Mexican looking level is the actual hub, so we're not in the Mushroom Kingdom again, I wonder if it has a connection to Sarasaland

nothing about this screams Galaxy like or 3D World to me, this looks like a true 3D Mario again
Spritanium
Another interesting note is the floating heart which has iirc only appeared in SM64 before now
[Image: supercorrect.png]
DrTapeworm
look if this is gonna be mario 64 2 it's gotta have the old timey thwomp voice in it or else
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Spritanium
UURGH
T-man
[Image: latest?cb=20070816210326]
blue thwomp > all
Spritanium
So by how many dozen percentage points would Nintendo's approval rating go up if they actually called this Super Mario 64 2?
DrTapeworm
Super Mario 128

wait
Spritanium

> tfw this game is revealed as "Super Mario 3D Galaxy"

MSO
Super Mario Samba
T-man
Mario sunshine 2 before he gets fludd
MSO
I want this game n o w
Spritanium
Pretty sure this is only the second Mario platformer that has an actual city as a level/hub, and Sunshine has probably received more attention in the past couple years than at any other point during its lifetime, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they went for something like that
T-man
I just want them to get creative with their level themes. They've gotten so reliant on the grassland, desert, water, forest, mountain, etc. that they're stifling their creativity. Things like the circus and Japanese levels in 3D World were a step in the right direction. I'd like to see that tenfold.
T-man
(Oct 22, 2016 at 3:00 AM)Spritanium Wrote: Pretty sure this is only the second Mario platformer that has an actual city as a level/hub, and Sunshine has probably received more attention in the past couple years than at any other point during its lifetime, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they went for something like that

You would think cityscapes would lend themselves well to platforming given the various buildings heights, awnings to bounce on, lots of vertical surfaces to walljump on. They'd just need to give it the ol' Mario touch.
DrTapeworm
Factory world or bust

Thread Tags

switch mario