Preliminary thoughts on Rally, and advanced tips

God
So we've all had a chance to play around with the new mechanic that was added in the last patch, and it's working really well. I wanted to talk about some teks which you can use to min/max your benefits from it.

As most of you will have probably figured out by now, it is a total waste to cast spells at the end of your battle phase, after you have made your posts. This is an incredibly inefficient usage of Rally, but I've seen it happen even in the Pro-Circuit Live Streams. Always try to cast spells at the beginning of your battle phase. This actually changes the meta quite a lot because in the past you could just cast spells after you've comitted to a chain to reset a combo, but now you really have to think about the advantages of boosting your Rally BEFORE you start the chain.

An interesting tek in high activity brawls is to have two tabs open, one for writing posts and one for casting spells. This way, when you've finished writing your post but before submitting it, you can cancel the post into the spellcasting tab, check for new posts which you can cast spells on, and then whilst that page is reloading after casting a spell, frame cancel into the posting tab and then submit the post. Not only are you saving entire seconds on the frame cancellations, but you're also squeezing out every last benefit from your Rally before making the post. This is a high level technique to do successfully at first, but I'm sure you'll agree that it's worth the effort.

Finally, the best way to get huge benefits from Rally is to bait your opponents into casting spells on you whilst you have high rally. If you anticipate a spell being cast on your post, do not hesitate to smash that motherfucking spellcast button.

That's all that I've got for now, please share your thoughts and some other ideas/teks you have come up with.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Shedinja
I managed to get xgoff an insane amount of xp until I got lazy. Idk where this would put me in the meta now. I'll quite possibly remain on the imaginary axis as before, which is fine too.
[Image: vI6LrbC.gif]

Thread Tags

metagametheory