2016 Overpowered October SAE Pro Circuit Monthly Metagame Roundup

MetagameBot
[Image: dhdPCFQ.png]

FAT WARIO: It's that time of the month folks, the Premier event of the whole Season, the SHADOW ADMINISTRATION ENTERTAINMENT PRO CIRCUIT MONTHLY METAGAME ROUNDUP. And do we have an exciting show for you tonight!

SEAN JABRONI: OH BOY! This was one of the most explosive months we've had to date! We had a whole load of new posting teks, a pretty big rework to the Spells mechanic, and we made the largest topic to date in the PPP!

FAT WARIO: What topic might that be, Sean Jabroni?

SEAN JABRONI: IT'S NONE OTHER THAN THE BIG BANG BEEF. OH BOYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

FAT WARIO: YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a gamechanging topic! I don't know how the roster comes up with this content!

SEAN JABRONI: Me neither, but I don't want it to stop! But we also had a load of other great things happen this month, and we have some new entries onto the roster too! So without further adieu, let's get straight into it!

[Image: CgSMWby.png]

AWFADragnaut

SEAN JABRONI: It's @AWFADragNaut 's first time on the roster!

FAT WARIO: It was a good month for AWFADragnaut. Their confession of love for everyone in their drunk post topic was a personal highlight of the month for me.

SEAN JABRONI: And they's been contributing so much to the Video Games forum recently, particularly the NX topics. Keep up the good work, AWFADragnaut!

[Image: ihAbscP.png]

Shroomguy

SEAN JABRONI: @Shroomguy 's been hungry for a spot on the list for quite a while now, and his hard work has finally paid off.

FAT WARIO: He's certainly an unsung hero of the Metagame, and it's time we all had a look at his illustrious career. He's one of the longest-standing fighters on the roster, and his commitment to the forum is absolutely unwavering. This month he's contributed a lot to the Green Garrisson, as well as some key topics in the PPP. I also believe he's taken a good chunk off Rotten Jack's health. He's the hero we need, but not the one we deserve.

[Image: pJCgZQn.png]

JoshJDubya

SEAN JABRONI: @"JoshJDubya" had a strong month this time round. He had a lot put on his plate with being the first ever Greenkeeper, but I think he did a great job.

FAT WARIO: Whilst the RPG may not have garnered enough attention as it should have, you gotta hand it to J-Dubz for going into untrodden territory and trying something new out for the forum.

SEAN JABRONI: I gotta agree with you, not many players would be brave enough to do what he did. And his work paved the way for the Rotten Jack boss, too. Whilst Rotten Jack may go down as the first Boss in the history books, I think we ought to pay our respects to the blueprint, Dapper Spook.

FAT WARIO: F

[Image: 9pTzEUN.png]

Spritanium

SEAN JABRONI: Splashing in at number seven we have @Spritanium !

FAT WARIO: Nice! I've always had a soft spot for Spritanium. I'm glad to see that he's got a respectable spot on the Roundup. I really thought we'd see him on the Salacious September list.

SEAN JABRONI: Well, it's not what you do backstage that counts, it's what you do in the centre ring, and Spritey definitely stepped up to the plate this month. He got involved with the beefs, he's been keeping his Rally high, and he's been making quality posts all month.

FAT WARIO: Absolutely. And speaking of Rally, it's amazing to see how much it's changing the meta! It's really giving those players that influence the gamestate with Spells a viable edge in Tier 1 gameplay, and we're seeing a lot of the Pro Circuit players respecting this and adding these teks to their toolkit.

[Image: J1wISGR.png]

MSO

SEAN JABRONI: Here at SAE we like to acknowledge represent the players that post in forums other than the PPP. @MSO is definitely one of those players.

FAT WARIO: Their work in the Arts Board is exceptional, all the way through this month and the last. You may not know this about me, but I am definitely a fan of art.

SEAN JABRONI: Wow, Fat Wario, I had no idea.

FAT WARIO: Yeah, absolutely. I make a few self portraits from time to time. Wanna see?

SEAN JABRONI: Sure!

[Image: 39791705fc694580729f5af1bff5c1d5.png]

SEAN JABRONI: Well, I uh... Nice work, man. You got the resemblance just right.

FAT WARIO: Thanks Sean, I'm glad you like it. That means a lot to me.

[Image: CyVCjEd.png]

Kazaam

SEAN JABRONI: Abra Kadabra AlaKAZAAM!

FAT WARIO: Kazaam is the Reinhardt of Minus World, he's just such a staple in any competitive game.

SEAN JABRONI: @"wtl" said that he's his favourite poster at the minute, and it's hard to argue with that sentiment. His footsie game is immaculate whenever he enters a beef, and outside of that he contributes so much with every post he makes.

FAT WARIO: You can always rely on Kazaam to bring the fire to the party. What a great guy.

[Image: sfvQ9Nx.png]

Beatrice

FAT WARIO: After not making the cut last month by the smallest of margins, it looks like @"Beatrice" is undenbably Back In The Meta.

SEAN JABRONI: Beatrice has held off the TL;DRブレーカー Neo Max finishing move for quite a while now, but we saw him unleash it in the Big Bang thread, and boy, it was something to behold.

FAT WARIO: I tell you something, Fat Wario, I don't know about anyone else but I've certainly missed posts like that. He really managed to capitalise on punishing on some of @"OracularRELOADED" 's sloppy footwork, which is why that move is so devestating. He can just charge it all the way through a beef, and then drop it on a single target. This move alone probably has the potential for the biggest tempo swings we see from any player in the Pro Circuit, especially when you post it when the target is about to go to bed. Using his knowledge of players' timezones like that is just one of the reasons why Beatrice is Tier 1, his gamesense is just phenomenal. But it's not the gamesense that makes him special alone, it's the calibre of his posts that really make him shine. He's one of the most honest and open players on the board, and he's always pushing himself and other people to be the best they can possibly be. We love you, Beatrice.

SEAN JABRONI: We certainly do. Alright, it's time for the top three! Who are we going to see this month?

[Image: JdPnWKc.png]

Gato

SEAN JABRONI: BOOM! Now talk about a late-game power play!

FAT WARIO: JUST LOOK AT THAT DICK PIC!

SEAN JABRONI: OH BOY! With just that post alone, he catapulted all the way to the third spot this month. This is the new meta, everyone. It's one of the best emotes I've ever seen in my entire life. And believe me, I've seen a few hogs in my time.

FAT WARIO: It isn't hard to believe, Sean Jabroni!

SEAN JABRONI AND FAT WARIO: _laughs_

FAT WARIO: @xgoff is certainly going to be happy with this 1249 XP prize!

[Image: DWdUSIK.png]

DrTapeworm

SEAN JABRONI: We have a new player joining the Pro Circuit! It's @DrTapeworm

FAT WARIO: Wow, DrTapeworm just hasn't let up this month. They's been making strong posts all the way through this month.

SEAN JABRONI: It's been one of the best examples of sustain I've ever seen. How can one poster make so many consistently great jokes?

FAT WARIO: I think people are finally realising just how witty DrTapeworm's humour is. I've lost count of how many Great Sh*ts they got this month. They's got a smart comment for every situation. I love reading their posts, they truly has a unique perspective on life that the people of Minus World benefit from greatly.

SEAN JABRONI: And when they won the XP lottery, well that just solidified his influence this month.

FAT WARIO: Move over @Agastya, we got a new wizard in town!

SEAN JABRONI: _laughs_ Thanks for all the good laughs this month DrTapeworm. So, who's going to snatch the top spot? Let's find out!

[Image: kCfCq2o.png]

OracularRELOADED

SEAN JABRONI: Well Fat Wario, what can I say. Was there any doubt?

FAT WARIO: Last Roundup we had doubts about the Heel playstyle, we had doubts that the SJW variant wasn't going to be strong in the Spell meta, but Oracular introduced the "Flouride" posting tek that had moderate success in @Yoshin 's Fuschia or Magenta topic, but then she stepped it up and followed up with the Big Bang topic. And it certainly went off with a massive explosion.

SEAN JABRONI: That topic was an all-you-can-eat beef buffet!

FAT WARIO: She single-handedly managed to salt the IRC, Staff forums and the Slack channel all at once. That's gotta be a Minus World 2.0 first, we haven't seen the likes of that since Purse was in the meta. It was just a masterclass in textbook application of bait theory; not many players can single-handedly take on multiple players. You really need to be on top of your zoning techniques in order to do what she did in that topic.

SEAN JABRONI: And the SALT-CAM snapped a very rare event - two mods getting salty in ONE post!

[Image: tMrh3uY.gif]

FAT WARIO: Oooohhh baby, you can almost sense the mods itching to test out the banhammer! I think the chef put a little bit too much salt on this one!

SEAN JABRONI: You know, you gotta hand it to her, she's reading the meta really well. And her Good Sh*t ratio dropped significantly after that topic; you can see the playerbase has really been forced to respect her Heel authority. And she's really learning to leverage the influence wtl has over the Old Guard. Now that the Old Guard's allegiance isn't pure Cave Beast, the cooldown rate on those devestating high-value SJW posts has dropped significantly. She can play much more aggressively than in the past and I think this caught a lot of players off guard this month.

FAT WARIO: Well that's the way the cookie crumbles. 2500XP goes to OracularRELOADED. Let's see how this changes the leaderboard:

[fire]1. OracularRELOADED ⬆ 63[/fire]
2. WTL 56
3. Renzo "The Renz" Kunzleman - 33
4. Beatrice - 25
5. Kazaam 21
6. Meulin Lejion 18
7. Yoshin 15
8. T-man - 14
9. JoshJDubya 12
9. Spritanium 12
11. DreiDreiDesert 11
12. OmegaK 10
13. BlasterMaster 9
13. DrTapeworm NEW 9
13. Zelma 9
16. Gato NEW 8
16. King Ownage 8
16. FalloutBoy97 8
16. Nick Jr. 8
20. Purse 7
21. El Huesudo II 6
21. Mrs. Aforcer 6
23. MSO NEW 5
23. Teddy 5
25. Agastya 4
25. Cdiplayer 64 4
27. Draku 3
27. Masakuni 3
29. Shroomguy NEW 2
30. Cheshire Θ 1
30. Martell Ragell 1
30. ZXL 1

SEAN JABRONI: Wow, we had even more new entries than last month! It's a testament to how well the community is growing.

FAT WARIO: Absolutely. Even as our metagame becomes more mature, there's still new players adding things into the mix all the time. What an amazing forum we've all built. I've been your host, Fat Wario,

SEAN JABRONI: And I've been Sean Jabroni. And as always,

FAT WARIO AND SEAN JABRONI: Thanks for tuning in, everyone!
Shroomguy
Congrats to everybody, and thanks to the organizers of the metagame roundup! I know 9th place and being in the bottom seed might not seem like much to our seasoned veterans, but the fact that more people are appearing on the roster is some really good sh*t
The Beef Baron
T-man
Congratulations to all the new names on the list! As always, keep up the Good Sh*t
kaZaam
aw shit, grats everyone. kinda wish josh was a little higher tbh. was absent a lot this month n never got to appreciate his tremendous work as King Green
Mario
[deleted]
Aidan
i've always respected high level posting. it's one of the few Sports where the best player always wins, and this month's meta game rankings make that plain as day.

congratulations to all our top posters. special shout outs to Beatrice for making it so far with such a unique posting style. nice to see low tier posting getting some representation
God
GG everyone, I guess this settles the score for now. Once again, I am the Best Poster.

I noticed a lot of you have been negging me by not giving me the Good Sh*ts the Best Poster deserves, just because my Rally is too high and you don't want to give me 3 or even 4 XP for my Quality Contributions, or because I used the Flouride tek and you're salty that you didn't think of it first. Well guess what, chumps, your little plan backfired because I AM THE NEW UNDISPUTED METAWEIGHT CHAMPION. Who needs a high GS/P ratio when your most received reaction is Capitalism Will Fall (thanks @MSO ), and get COLD HARD XP at the end of the month (thanks SAE)? There is one truth in the ring and one truth only: Talent Gets Recognised. It gets recognised when I'm posting in the Arts Board, it gets recognised when I've made the top two biggest topics in the history of the PPP, it gets recognised whenever I salt the IRC.

It's fitting that I won the Overpowered October MMR, because that's exactly what I am: Overpowered. The fans know it, the Old Guard knows it, and most important of all, I know it. No-one else can do what I do. But I know that there are those out there who want to know how to do what I do. You want to do what the greatest posters have done. Well, the way I see it is, 200 plus days a year, we are on the road. You got kids, they grow up, you're not there. Your wife, she's sitting at home, what's she doing? Don't know. Your husband? He's at home, what's he doing? Don't know. You get home, you're gone, you get tired, you get beat up. You're not done, it just starts, now you gotta be Super Husband, you gotta be Super Wife, you gotta be Super Dad, you gotta be Super Mom. It's not an easy life. Careers are short, careers are fast. I'm not that tough, I'm not tougher than anybody else in this business. But I respect our business. I love our business. I put my life on the line, every post, for our business, and I gladly do it, and I will continue to do it, until I can do it no longer. You guys are all on the easy track. And you have to earn respect in this business. It's not given to you: you earn it. You pay your dues. And right now, you guys are a mile ahead of where you should be paying dues. You guys have the greatest opportunity in the world to be in the greatest business in the world. Do not fuck it up. Do not throw it away. Because if you do, you piss on every single person that has come before you. Every single person who has paid there dues, every single person who has busted their ass, every single person who's been crippled by the weight of their posts, who can't stand up, can't walk, you piss on them. Every single person like OmegaK, who's a friend of mine, that can't feel a damn thing from the neck down. You piss on them. You either want this or you don't. And if you don't want it, don't waste my fucking time.

(Nov 2, 2016 at 2:17 AM)BlasterMaster Wrote: nice to see low tier posting getting some representation

lmao, nice aggressive early-game poke, let's see if it pays off
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Draku
(Nov 2, 2016 at 9:36 AM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: Who needs a high GS/P ratio
[SALT-CAM]
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Shedinja
I am surprised the donation exploit wasn't mentioned. But I guess that level of meta is only quantifiable on the imaginary axis.
[Image: vI6LrbC.gif]
Pea
(Nov 2, 2016 at 12:55 PM)Gato Wrote: I am surprised the donation exploit wasn't mentioned. But I guess that level of meta is only quantifiable on the imaginary axis.

no effort was put into it
Shedinja
(Nov 2, 2016 at 8:47 PM)Pea Wrote:
(Nov 2, 2016 at 12:55 PM)Gato Wrote: I am surprised the donation exploit wasn't mentioned. But I guess that level of meta is only quantifiable on the imaginary axis.

no effort was put into it
What do you mean man cus I was only working with 50 exp in pocket and from the code, if anybody else were to donate at the time it would have been deducted from my funds via user ID, I was the only one to perform the loop without malicious intent. If this isn't a miracle by the will of xgoff I don't know what is.
[Image: vI6LrbC.gif]
Two_Finger
yeah
Pea
you clicked buttons everyone can do that
Beako
(Nov 1, 2016 at 1:42 PM)MetagameBot Wrote:
Beatrice

FAT WARIO: After not making the cut last month by the smallest of margins, it looks like @"Beatrice" is undenbably Back In The Meta.

SEAN JABRONI: Beatrice has held off the TL;DRブレーカー Neo Max finishing move for quite a while now, but we saw him unleash it in the Big Bang thread, and boy, it was something to behold.

FAT WARIO: I tell you something, Fat Wario, I don't know about anyone else but I've certainly missed posts like that. He really managed to capitalise on punishing on some of @"OracularRELOADED" 's sloppy footwork, which is why that move is so devestating. He can just charge it all the way through a beef, and then drop it on a single target. This move alone probably has the potential for the biggest tempo swings we see from any player in the Pro Circuit, especially when you post it when the target is about to go to bed. Using his knowledge of players' timezones like that is just one of the reasons why Beatrice is Tier 1, his gamesense is just phenomenal. But it's not the gamesense that makes him special alone, it's the calibre of his posts that really make him shine. He's one of the most honest and open players on the board, and he's always pushing himself and other people to be the best they can possibly be. We love you, Beatrice.
Thank you. Love
Mario
[deleted]
Beako
Why does autocorrect have a "make it foreverial" checkbox if it doesn't work? I tried to autocorrect Beatrice to Puddin since Beatrice was extremely temporary. I clicked "make it permanent" but it looks like it's going to expire on the 22nd.
Agastya
(Nov 15, 2016 at 10:36 PM)JoshJDubya Wrote: It works for me, did you try shutting down Minus World and starting it back up again?

maybe adobe reader isn't up to date
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Spritanium
Hmm it's supposed to just skip inserting the expiration date if the permanent box is checked
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Yoshin

>didn't even place

gonna have to play harder