im Drunk rn so ill say what i cant say when im sobre

AWFADragNaut
(Nov 17, 2016 at 8:44 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: there needs to be a dedicated balance team, thead, or guy or something, and not have it spread around everyone in general discussion topics or be kneejerk buffed/nerfed just to counteract something in the moment without looking at longterm results for everyone

Yeah like a game designer! totally not me
Draku
considering rally exists because it was meant to balance out high level players i'm both a little surprised yet not surprised at all to see the flip flopping about it now that people are levelling up thanks to it.

why don't we just have it where the rally cap starts out at like fuckin 10x for low lvs due to needing to bleed yourself dry to get that much at such a level but you could make mad gains with the proper plays, and high levels don't dip below 1x rally since that's apparently a sore point now but can only get up to like 1.5x-2x at most eventually
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
The balance team is basically the Developer usergroup collabing with random helpful users and the admins. I'm definitely in favor of making balance discussions more public
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
Please take the discussion here, if you would good chums.
AWFADragNaut
We should take the metagame....

[Image: 5d5.jpg]

And push it somewhere else!
God
(Nov 17, 2016 at 8:44 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: there needs to be a dedicated balance team, thead, or guy or something, and not have it spread around everyone in general discussion topics or be kneejerk buffed/nerfed just to counteract something in the moment without looking at longterm results for everyone

I made a motion towards this but it was blocked by the Senate. Perhaps if there's more interest in it, we could try to push it through again.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Fun With Despair
(Nov 17, 2016 at 10:58 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote:

I made a motion towards this but it was blocked by the Senate. Perhaps if there's more interest in it, we could try to push it through again.

I support this. As with any kind of game, there needs to be a dedicated balance team here.

When the entire staff of any game all control balance at the same time and all think what they're doing is right, with kneejerk reactions and shit, it just turns into a weird schizophrenic mess of a meta.

Gonna give that thread a bump
Two_Finger
instead of there being a total spell use cap I think each spell should have a certain amount of uses per day that slowly recovers over the course of a day
the amount can then be balanced per spell
and maybe when the item system comes into play there could be one that restores X uses of a spell