im Drunk rn so ill say what i cant say when im sobre

Fun With Despair
(Nov 17, 2016 at 7:39 AM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: and how did my rally drop so quickly lol

almost guaranteed because of a straight up giant nerf to it after the insane capitalist investment scheme going on earlier today that netted me and my new pal over ten levels each in like an hour by back and forth memeing at each other
God
(Nov 17, 2016 at 7:30 AM)Draku Wrote: and so the reason why i was against them being used for classes comes to light

we have to expect the playerbase to get used to high-level gameplay terms. they need to know basic terms like heel, babyface, zoning, poking, BnBs, resets, tempo etc.. they also need to know the difference between a chain and a combo.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Draku
(Nov 17, 2016 at 7:39 AM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: and how did my rally drop so quickly lol
formula got changed to
Code:
$level*($rally*2))/200
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
God
whoa ok
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Agastya
(Nov 17, 2016 at 7:38 AM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: damn how did you get to lv14 so fast

it was science
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Beako
[Image: tQ8AUit.png]

>tfw to smart to need to meme back and forth with a friend to build up exp

T-man
(Nov 17, 2016 at 7:30 AM)Draku Wrote: and so the reason why i was against them being used for classes comes to light

This.

I didn't even know people still liked wrestling. I mean, it's not the 90s anymore.
God
it would have been a much better fix to just limit knockback EXP to 100% of the spell cost. this just totally throws off the balancing which was in a really good place
God

>when i'm involved with metagame changes vs when i'm not involved with metagame changes

[Image: 315CFCE000000578-3455020-image-a-16_1455904096487.jpg]
Spritanium
We changed the formula because I was able to maintain a rally of 2+ very easily at level 6

It might be decaying a liiittle fast now but we can just adjust the divisor if necessary (old formula was getting ridiculously complex)
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Agastya
well it took me like 15 hours to go back down to 1 from 5/lv10 so i guess its fine for higher ranks? unless you think thats too slow

rip lv14 rally though thats deader than disco
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Spritanium
We're also planning on disabling rally for spell knockback, but limiting it to 100% of the spell's cost might be better idk
Draku
Yeah I honestly think Rally is in a fine spot decayspeed wise atm, it makes it an actual effort to keep it up especially at higher levels
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
God
it should be possible to maintain a rally of 2+ at level 6. level 6 isn't even Old Money any more.

the recent change has just nerfed everyone in order to prevent one unintended playstyle. a good patch is meant to target just the problem area, without affecting other parts of the meta.
T-man
I agree that changes are often made to keep people from progressing for some reason.

Seems a bit strange. Rally effecting knockback definitely needed addressing though.
Fun With Despair
honestly, I'm saying this as the unofficial experimental high level dude beta testing these changes

being high level is more of a punishment than a reward, because you get absolutely fuck all exp with how insanely fast rally degrades. I get wanting to stop more dumbfuck schemes like last night but punishing a guy who in the future, legitimately gets to level 14 with so little exp and rally gain that you can hardly cast without worrying about your level killing itself because the gain just isn't there and the spell cap makes it so rally is near unobtainable.
T-man
I honestly don't know why rally can be less than 1.00x anyway.
Spritanium
In any case we have a cleaner decay formula now, like i said we just need to adjust the divisor if anything
God
Fun With Despair Wrote:being high level is more of a punishment than a reward, because you get absolutely fuck all exp with how insanely fast rally degrades. I get wanting to stop more dumbfuck schemes like last night but punishing a guy who in the future, legitimately gets to level 14 with so little exp and rally gain that you can hardly cast without worrying about your level killing itself because the gain just isn't there and the spell cap makes it so rally is near unobtainable.

exactly.

my previous fix of having Rally Decay multiply by Rally had already solved the problem of Old Money players maintaining high Rally. now that we have people approaching level 10 through legitimate means, we can implement the subcap that we talked about on Slack, which will also stop them from reaching super high Rally.
Fun With Despair
(Nov 17, 2016 at 8:14 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: it should be possible to maintain a rally of 2+ at level 6. level 6 isn't even Old Money any more.

the recent change has just nerfed everyone in order to prevent one unintended playstyle. a good patch is meant to target just the problem area, without affecting other parts of the meta.

this is a good post.

The solution to preventing our exploit from last night isn't just nerfing everyone and gutting high levels. Either cap the amount of spells you can sling at one user in a short amount of time to at least spread it out, or keep the system as-is and scale spell limits with level, giving high levels more spells per day so they can actually get past the rally nerfs at the expense of more potential exp

as it is, universal nerfs seem weird. You have to balance it. Being high level just fucking sucks at this point, and even if you weren't using it to shitpost (or having some dumbfuck funnel you exp like xgoff), and instead just using level as a badge of honor, the current decay rate punishes high level users for casting at all with no chance of regaining it.