high rally farming countermeasure thread

Agastya
i think rally works better when we have actual classes (the only things that should ever need a x5 modifier are wizards and lurkers) but for now it is what it is and people are hitting high numbers and then farming off some sweet sweet free points

there should be a sort of invisible post timer based on our current activity level where if you make tons of posts in a small timeframe with a really high rally modifier that any posts that don't get a certain amount of good shits should negatively impact your rally so discourage Mindless Farming and encourage Goodposting

i dunno the golden #s though i'm just the Ideas Guy
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Beako
Welp
Spritanium
The idea behind rally is to make it really easy for lower levels to gain exp while simultaneously making it more challenging for higher levels. I do kinda like this idea though since right now you can get a ton of exp for posting pretty much anything
[Image: supercorrect.png]
God
i think at the moment when we're trying to feel out what EXP actually is and how it ought to be used, some things are gonna feel a little OP or easy to abuse. But really, no-one on the board is actually at a high level. no-one has legitimately breached lv10, and that's only the halfway point. i think we should try and perceive the current Rally levels people have and the amount of EXP they are gaining as a positive thing.

we had thoughts of subcapping Rally gain over a certain value, which would throttle your gain by 50%. this would ultimately stop players from reaching high Rallies (x3 and upwards) when they start reaching level 6 or so.

the final issue is the "spamming" tek. yeah, it's very easy to regain your losses in Spellcasting if you just post once every ten seconds. but we have to be careful when putting limitations on this behaviour, as doing so may harm the activity of the forum. as a wise poster once said, "The Only Shitpost Is A Post Not Submitted." further consideration is needed, but i'm interested to see if anyone had any workable solutions
God
on a side note, was the Decay bug fixed?
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Draku
this suggestion is good but the implementation concept is flawed

a better idea would be posting XP being unaffected by rally, whereas good sh*ts are more positively affected than other actions that raise XP. ideally this also applies to spell good sh*ts when spritey adds those, as that will be -the- most well-tied rally combo.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
(Nov 11, 2016 at 11:04 AM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: on a side note, was the Decay bug fixed?
Yeah decay should be working now. Rally was locked to two decimals in the database, so the extremely small hourly decay amounts would simply be ignored
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Shedinja
Anything that is good for the EXP economy, even if it is an exploit all on its own, is good enough for me. It is to my belief that eventually some of that EXP will come to me so that way I can continue feeding the Beast.
[Image: vI6LrbC.gif]
Draku
(Nov 11, 2016 at 5:11 PM)G-Cat Wrote: Anything that is good for the EXP economy, even if it is an exploit all on its own, is good enough for me. It is to my belief that eventually some of that EXP will come to me so that way I can continue feeding the Beast.
i want xgoff to come back entirely to make one post and then cast outta sight on a text wall thus deducting all of the xp you donated to him in one go
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Shedinja
(Nov 11, 2016 at 5:17 PM)Draku Wrote: i want xgoff to come back entirely to make one post and then cast outta sight on a text wall thus deducting all of the xp you donated to him in one go
You underestimate the purity of the Will of the Xgoff
[Image: vI6LrbC.gif]
Beako
Jokes Jokes aside I don't mind nerfing rally farming if this forum cares about the quality of threads rather than the quantity of them. If I have to earn EXP fair and square I'll try to invest more time into effortposting.