God
Rally Decay: if `$rally>1`, set RD as `$rally*0.04` otherwise, set RD as `$rally*0.02`
Rally Gain: if `$level>4` AND `$rally>5-($level-4)*0.26)`, set RG as `$cost / (1000 + ($level * 120))` otherwise, set RG as `$cost / (400 + ($level * 60))`
God
probably @rtsmarty 's logarithm suggestion would be a much more elegant solution, but i stopped doing maths in secondary school LOL
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Spritanium
Rally gain/decay formulas updated, thanks @"OracularRELOADED"

@Draku think you can update the strategy guide with these new formulas? I'd do it myself but I'm kind of short on time. It's just a strategy_guide template in the Minus Blue 2.04 template group
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
(Nov 20, 2016 at 4:50 PM)Spritanium Wrote: @Draku think you can update the strategy guide with these new formulas? I'd do it myself but I'm kind of short on time. It's just a strategy_guide template in the Minus Blue 2.04 template group
done
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Shroomguy
So it says if you're level 4 or lower, rally can't go below 1. Currently mine is, and I'm level 4. Is this working as intended?
Spritanium
This will occur if your Rally is lower than 1.00 while you level down to 4. It fixes itself the next time the rally decay task runs (your Rally is back to 1.00 now Ultra Cool)
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Shroomguy
Nice
Beako
If a small amount of users are logged in (say, less than 6) rally should decay slower. Perhaps on top of all the other variables you guys discussed, if at least six users are logged in, rally decays at a normal rate. Then what if rally decayed at % of the rate it was supposed to decay at if there were only 5 users logged in, % if there were 4 users logged in, % if there were 3 users logged in, and % if there was only one other person logged in? (If nobody else is logged in, or nobody is logged in period, then I don't see why rally should even decay at all TBH.)

If this has already been discussed, my bad. I've barely read any posts in this thread.
kaZaam
Make Orion & Puddin Tech Admins 2004
Draku
(Nov 23, 2016 at 5:13 AM)Puddin Wrote: If a small amount of users are logged in (say, less than 6) rally should decay slower. Perhaps on top of all the other variables you guys discussed, if at least six users are logged in, rally decays at a normal rate. Then what if rally decayed at % of the rate it was supposed to decay at if there were only 5 users logged in, % if there were 4 users logged in, % if there were 3 users logged in, and % if there was only one other person logged in? (If nobody else is logged in, or nobody is logged in period, then I don't see why rally should even decay at all TBH.)

If this has already been discussed, my bad. I've barely read any posts in this thread.
this sounds great, rally being real-time but static is a big issue with the current system
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Fun With Despair
I've been thinking this for a while but I guess I'll come out and say it now.

how the fuck is rally being completely destroyed and shoved below 1.00 for high levels balancing? doesn't the fact that it requires 11400 exp to level up fucking balance it enough? Take RPGs, you require more exp to level up as you get higher up, which is good and b a l a n c e s out high level characters so they don't level up quickly. Imagine playing an RPG and you literally can't progress past a certain level despite more levels existing past that point because every enemy gives 1 exp only suddenly?

it's not balanced, it's bullshit
T-man
(Nov 23, 2016 at 9:47 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: I've been thinking this for a while but I guess I'll come out and say it now.

how the fuck is rally being completely destroyed and shoved below 1.00 for high levels balancing? doesn't the fact that it requires 11400 exp to level up fucking balance it enough? Take RPGs, you require more exp to level up as you get higher up, which is good and b a l a n c e s out high level characters so they don't level up quickly. Imagine playing an RPG and you literally can't progress past a certain level despite more levels existing past that point because every enemy gives 1 exp only suddenly?

it's not balanced, it's bullshit
Thank you. I don't know why we're so hellbent on crippling high level players' EXP intake when they need more EXP than ever.
kaZaam
(Nov 23, 2016 at 9:47 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: oink oink
idk mayb spend some of it
Mario
[deleted]
Fun With Despair
(Nov 23, 2016 at 9:49 PM)Kazaam Wrote:
(Nov 23, 2016 at 9:47 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: oink oink
idk mayb spend some of it
wow look I just did and my rally is gonna fuckin disappear in ten minutes so why even bother

literally baiting people into censoring my posts just to get enough experience to cast a spell myself without deleveling and pointlessly raise a stat to not even 1.00 and still have it go lower than before ten minutes later is not a viable strategy

Could you imagine if a video game unequiped all weapons armor and skills for every character above a certain level until you deleveled them again?
kaZaam
(Nov 23, 2016 at 9:57 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: wow look I just did
cept you totally didnt or atl not in any substantial way. make use of what you have
(Nov 23, 2016 at 9:57 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: and my rally is gonna fuckin disappear in ten minutes so why even bother
o i n k
(Nov 23, 2016 at 9:57 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: literally baiting people into censoring (what) my posts just to get enough experience to cast a spell myself without deleveling and pointlessly raise a stat to not even 1.00 and still have it go lower than before ten minutes later is not a viable strategy
my point was whats w your boner for lvl 16? like mayb just spend a feckin tangible amount of ur xp since u love it so much. do you just like hoarding it for the sake of hoarding it?
(Nov 23, 2016 at 9:57 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: Could you imagine if a video game unequiped all weapons armor and skills for every character above a certain level until you deleveled them again?
thats a false equivalence af dude. ur acting like its preventing you from posting or some shit

yeah xp's kinda fucked up but its moreso because of what kesha said with levels being kinda confusing so far and mayb just meaningless in general cus its clearly giving Some users the wrong idea
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
w8 didnt we agree to use fighting game terminology instead of rpg terms for xp back on mw1? it'd work so much better
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
yyyeah i know the Dev Team is full of weebs but come on now. this aint working

Thread Tags

metagame