ProtoTroid-13
Spoiler:
Didn't think I'd live up to what I said, huh? Well think again!

...To be honest, I almost didn't, but not because I'm lazy or because I procrastinated. Something weird was going on the image upload. I think it had something to do with file size. So, after this, I'm going to start trying to shrink images before I upload them anywhere, because I just realized how ridiculously huge they actually are (on screen, anyway).
ProtoTroid-13
I'm committed to this whole sketch per day thing, so here we go again!
Spoiler:
The final design for one of my oldest antagonists for this story. Less a character, more a force of nature.
Spritanium
Cool designs
[Image: supercorrect.png]
ProtoTroid-13
Spoiler:
So I was having some internet trouble last night, couldn't upload anything, so this was late.
ProtoTroid-13
Spoiler:
Snake people are all the rage! But I think Scorpion people might be a bigger investment.

Yeah, so I go and dedicate myself to this sketch per day thing, and then I hit an art block. I'm working through it.
ProtoTroid-13
Spoiler:
Lazy...Color version...Of that Chibi Nariko I posted before...

Also, bump. I think I should try a different style when I color things.
ProtoTroid-13
Spoiler:
Thread Resurrection!

...I guess this is just what I do now. Post here whenever I have something worth posting. Not that anyone notices...
ProtoTroid-13
I persist in my artistic endeavors, although this thread seems to be ignored now. Oh well, the show must go on!

Spoiler:
An age chart for my character! And a close up of her colored head(s). The ages are, from left to right, 1 -> 7 -> 13.

Baby Nariko is the most adorable thing I've ever drawn.
Aidan
Ay she's cute
lot of nice touches like the bandaged feet and makeshift clothing
ProtoTroid-13
Spoiler:
I think this is the most improved design out of all of them. I mean, just look at where he started on the previous page...
ProtoTroid-13
[Image: 9EXngHX.png]
I took this to VGR a few hours ago asking for advice on the pose, no one ever responded, so I just decided to wing it and made this. It actually looks pretty good all things considered.
Aidan
p. sweet, is that a shantae character?
her back arm is a little off though, higher up would look more natural?
ProtoTroid-13
(Jun 8, 2017 at 5:28 AM)Aidan Wrote: p. sweet, is that a shantae character?
her back arm is a little off though, higher up would look more natural?
She's my character, I just made the original sprite in the Shantae style.

This stance has her standing with her torso tilted to one side, making her arm look like it's lower than the other. I see what you're talking about, though. I think the problem is her torso, it's not very well defined.

EDIT
After some feedback, I made some changes.
[Image: ew701QJ.png]
ProtoTroid-13
[Image: 5o4yd0X.png]

Made some more changes. New details, more pronounced horns, outstretched arm has a more detailed hand now.
ProtoTroid-13
Spoiler:
A little something, just in time for Fathers Day.
ProtoTroid-13
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Monster design.

I need to do something about my scanner settings.