The 2nd Official Minus World Lottery

God
how the hell is the MMR rigged
God
the only people who complain about the MMR are the ones who never place lmao
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Yrrzy
Wink
God
you can join the Old Guard whenever you please but that doesn't stop it from being a Cabal
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Spritanium
(Nov 27, 2016 at 1:20 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: how the hell is the MMR rigged
If you're in control of determining the results of a competition in which you are also a contestant, that's a huge conflict of interest

I don't care because it's up to people how they spend their EX, but if this is a serious question then there's your answer :V

Ideally the MMR should be handled by an unbiased third party. It's not like the lottery where the results are completely random (albeit still easily faked) so there needs to be some level of opinion in the judgement, but having it handled by one person who is also an active player is obviously a setup people don't like.

What if we had a panel of judges to determine the results, all of whom must be disqualified from the roundup themselves?
[Image: supercorrect.png]
God
i don't know where people have got this idea that I am the sole judge of the MMR lmao
Agastya
perhaps the biggest power play is not playing at all
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
rtsmarty
(Nov 27, 2016 at 5:04 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: i don't know where people have got this idea that I am the sole judge of the MMR lmao
maybe a lack of transparency around the mmr is the issue
Yrrzy
imo judges shouldnt be allowed to compete, so it should be judged by entirely impartial parties
God
i mean if you don't like the MMR you don't have to pay any attention to it. SAE runs it the way it's always been run. they aren't doing anything against the rules, and they don't have any obligation to divulge the identities of the judges. if the judges want to step forward, that's their decision.
God
you don't have to get salty just because you never place highly on the MMR. either git gud or ignore it lmao it isn't difficult
rtsmarty
(Nov 27, 2016 at 5:13 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: i mean if you don't like the MMR you don't have to pay any attention to it.
i don't
Agastya
will the real shadow administration entertainment judge please stand up
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
God
so what's the point of the IRC Cabal's beef with the MMR/SAE
Yrrzy
surely youve realised by now that the irc cabal is purely motivated by xp
God
as far as i can tell the IRC Cabal is richer than the SAE anyway. the only asset the SAE has is the MetagameBot and the revenue they take from hosting the MMR and signing Tier 1 players such as myself. as the two most influential organisations on MW (the third most influential being the Old Guard), you must realise that our competition is healthy and mutual beneficial for both of our parties' aims.
Yrrzy
the irc cabal's accusations of rigging is based on the potential for xp fraud and we are investigating it as such
Spritanium
At the end of the day there's still nothing wrong with the MMR even if it is/was just Oracular awarding points to herself. People are responsible for how they donate their EXP, so there's no fraud there.

We should just make it clear that the Metagamebot account is Oracular, and that the MMR in general is not supported by the staff. And yeah, if we didn't allow judges to compete then the whole thing would appear much less shady.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
(Nov 27, 2016 at 5:35 PM)Spritanium Wrote: At the end of the day there's still nothing wrong with the MMR even if it is/was just Oracular awarding points to herself. People are responsible for how they donate their EXP, so there's no fraud there.

We should just make it clear that the Metagamebot account is Oracular, and that the MMR in general is not supported by the staff. And yeah, if we didn't allow judges to compete then the whole thing would appear much less shady.

NPC member group for staff-sanctioned puppets when?
God
(Nov 27, 2016 at 5:35 PM)Spritanium Wrote: We should just make it clear that the Metagamebot account is Oracular

[Image: ee51e6836b55a7efcb2dca1c574ad453.png]

Thread Tags

metagame lottery