Poll: Should spells be made permanent or stay primarily temporary?

Spells should always be permanent.
41.67%
Spells should mostly be temporary.
58.33%
Total: 12 vote(s)
T-man
Some discussion came up recently in the Minus World Slack as to whether or not spells should just be permanent or if they should remain as they are now being primarily temporary.

Cases could be made for both options but we'd like to see what the community thinks.
Spritanium
Why do you post everything in the PPP Angry
[Image: supercorrect.png]
kaZaam
nahhh. the novelty'd wear thin p quick
T-man
(Nov 21, 2016 at 7:17 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Why do you post everything in the PPP Angry

best board
Fun With Despair
no, permanent spells costing more exp makes way more sense

I would say normalize the length and costs more though to even it out. default should be 1 week for all of them, as 24 hour spells are so cheap to make permanent that everyone fucking does it anyway regardless.

but that begs the question of why the frame and GREAT SH*T are permanent for so cheap. Maybe lower them to 1 week by default but lower the price accordingly so it evens out. Having two just be permanent is fuckin weird
Spritanium
(Nov 21, 2016 at 7:21 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: no, permanent spells costing more exp makes way more sense

I would say normalize the length and costs more though to even it out. default should be 1 week for all of them, as 24 hour spells are so cheap to make permanent that everyone fucking does it anyway regardless.

but that begs the question of why the frame and GREAT SH*T are permanent for so cheap. Maybe lower them to 1 week by default but lower the price accordingly so it evens out. Having two just be permanent is fuckin weird
This post makes an incredible amount of sense.
Pea
why should something great suddenly turn into something good tho
Fun With Despair
(Nov 21, 2016 at 7:29 PM)Pea Wrote: why should something great suddenly turn into something good tho
for the same reason a post in full braille to assist the blind with reading it would suddenly turn back into plain text and fuck over a large amount of the visually impaired
Pea
well sh*t can't argue with that
Draku
(Nov 21, 2016 at 7:21 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: but that begs the question of why the frame and GREAT SH*T are permanent for so cheap. Maybe lower them to 1 week by default but lower the price accordingly so it evens out. Having two just be permanent is fuckin weird
because great sh*t gives XP, having it revert from permanency makes absolutely no sense.

frame that sh*t doesn't make sense to have non-permanent either for theming but it could do with a price hike i guess.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
If Great Sh*t becomes temporary we should get rid of the retroactive behavior
Draku
(Nov 21, 2016 at 9:22 PM)Spritanium Wrote: If Great Sh*t becomes temporary we should get rid of the retroactive behavior
even with that in mind it still makes no sense.

let's say someone sees a post after the great sh*t wears off and good sh*ts it. why should the person that posted it be punished because that person saw it a little later than other people?
Yrrzy
yea spells like great shit should be permanent
Fun With Despair
okay but then why is frame permanent?

it's no different in function from any other sweet spell, and it's laughably cheap for a drastic permanent change
rtsmarty
(Nov 21, 2016 at 9:36 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: it's laughably cheap for a drastic permanent change
Not everyone is rich like you :sniff:
Draku
(Nov 21, 2016 at 9:36 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: okay but then why is frame permanent?

it's no different in function from any other sweet spell, and it's laughably cheap for a drastic permanent change
yeah that's why i'm cool with it getting a (potentially large) price hike. but the concept of framing something is to Keep It Forever, so I don't thematically like the idea of it becoming temporary.

imo it makes sense for a permanent negative change to a post to cost more than a permanent positive change, though.
T-man
FtS could probably use a price increase though. I've been seeing it a lot lately. A price increase will just make it more special.
Draku
(Nov 21, 2016 at 9:41 PM)T-man Wrote: FtS could probably use a price increase though. I've been seeing it a lot lately. A price increase will just make it more special.
yeah it's really common for something that should be a spectacle
Fun With Despair
(Nov 21, 2016 at 9:40 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Nov 21, 2016 at 9:36 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: okay but then why is frame permanent?

yeah that's why i'm cool with it getting a (potentially large) price hike. but the concept of framing something is to Keep It Forever, so I don't thematically like the idea of it becoming temporary.

imo it makes sense for a permanent negative change to a post to cost more than a permanent positive change, though.
That's fair. Makes sense, especially because framing is supposed to be a cool thing that now gets thrown around.

In general though I think the sweet/salty/pepperoni system needs a slight re-categorization though. Making someone's post anonymous is pretty much entirely salty for example, whereas the seizure ass feelin' fab is easily more of a pepperoni because of how aggravating it can make a post to read. Whoops! too belongs in pepperoni for the same reason Autocorrect is thrown in there. Depending on the creativity of the original poster, it can definitely enhance a post.
God
yeah the cost of Spells should inflate with the GDP per capita
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED

Thread Tags

spells metagame poll