Mario
it seems like the biggest problem with it is how predominantly we feature these stats. it's the same issue with showing post counts, join dates, etc. they don't fucking matter to anyone but the poster but people want to use them to signify prestige or whatever and fuck that. make numbers go up all you want but if they serve a specific purpose we're not going to fuck over that purpose for the sake of making the Numbers matter
Agastya
(Nov 25, 2016 at 8:35 PM)Draku Wrote: I'm fairly certain the whole issue is that seeing a sub-1x multiplier is seen as overly negative by someone who doesn't get the idea behind why it works the way it does.

The idea suggested in my post of keeping all lowest possible rallies above 1x but the lowest possible multiplier for lower levels being higher keeps a positive number visible for everyone which fixes the psychological effect

that would work out much better simply because penalties feel bad when you play a game

exhibit a
https://youtu.be/hQtFo_E_Ea0?t=3m18s
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Yrrzy
you paged my post explaining exactly why people care about it to post a completely wrong interpretation of it

nice
kaZaam
(Nov 25, 2016 at 8:45 PM)Yrr Wrote: XP builds when people react to /interact with your posts, it feels a lot more important than a postcount because it represents your involvement in the community in a way that isn't just "how much you posted", and seeing that involvement considered less and less important once you've reached a certain amount its just a shame
yeah that was like exactly my point. thing is xp isn't really like that rn. ffs just look at FwD's, that shit's just nonsense
Mario
paging isn't real
Mario
my secret technique of knowing what post per page setting everyone has to hide bad posts
Yrrzy
the reason xp is different now is cause yall didnt get why people wanted to build it and balanced it as spell fuel instead of what people liked about it
kaZaam
sounds like an either/or thing to me
kaZaam
see this why the rpg terms can gft
Spritanium
Levels are pretty much just a benchmark

I'm fine getting rid of the sub-1.00 rallies since people really don't like them, Draku's idea would be good if we could have a level 1 rally bottom out at ~2
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
yeah the forum isn't and shouldn't be an rpg, for sure
Yrrzy
srsly tho you can just flip rally and make it a spell cost multiplier and everything'd be fine
kaZaam
yyea for now thatd prob be an ok substitute til we get some rly xpensive spells
Fun With Despair
(Nov 25, 2016 at 8:48 PM)Kazaam Wrote:
(Nov 25, 2016 at 8:45 PM)Yrr Wrote: XP builds when people react to /interact with your posts, it feels a lot more important than a postcount because it represents your involvement in the community in a way that isn't just "how much you posted", and seeing that involvement considered less and less important once you've reached a certain amount its just a shame
yeah that was like exactly my point. thing is xp isn't really like that rn. ffs just look at FwD's, that shit's just nonsense
to be fair, exp is legitimately like that even for me

people saw my posts and spells, liked them, and interacted with them in order to give me more fuel to do more of it
kaZaam
buuut still xp wouldnt represent what you want it to esp for membs who dont use spells ever. infact xp as a measurement would prob be even more confusing
Aidan
if we would've called it Super Meter to begin with none of this would've happened
kaZaam
yea its interacting w the community but in like the jankiest way

tho still dont get the number attachment tbh. like your presence on a forum should speak for itself w your posts. you dont need a number to do it for you
Agastya
the real problem is just that the exp simply disappears into thin air

i think another viable option would be to have a random bot account or whatever become the target for exp lost to rally penalties and it just becomes a tax on the old money bracket again

then after the pot gets to a certain value every post made gives the user a like 1/250000 chance to just win the pot and have all that exp be added to them

that way it doesnt feel like any exp is wasted, it just ends up going to somebody else at some point. of course people would still rather just get 100% of what they earned but that's life
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
kaZaam
(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:00 PM)BlasterMaster Wrote: if we would've called it Super Meter to begin with none of this would've happened

exacsly
Yrrzy
yea ofc spending it means it isnt a meter but gaining it is what matters and reaching a point where you're essentially told your interactions don't matter any more until you use spells is simultaneously really unfun and a perfect representation of what i dont like about the current meta