Yrrzy
whats the problem with just making rally effect spell cost instead of xp gain?

so that spells are cheaper for people who use more
kaZaam
sounds ok in theory buut idk might encourage spell abuse and discourage the old money from casting at all
Yrrzy
balance it around spell sprees instead of hoarding, people w/ absurdly high levels generally dont cast spells to begin with and trying to force em to isnt the best way to balance it
Mario
the point of rally is to encourage all people to cast spells, not reward people who already cast spells. if rally was merely a spell cost modifier, it's effectively discouraging people from casting spells, which doesn't make any sense
kaZaam
i think we should give users a reason to really build up xp outside of just a big number cus clearly rn the cheap spells along with the massive amounts of xp no one knows what to do with are really dividing us
Mario
maybe we should have ex decay too LOL
Yrrzy
what if people dont wanna cast spells tho
Mario
then don't
Yrrzy
also ffs guys we've explained why people care about xp and why its not just "big number"

its a part of the site that people enjoyed and yall seem dead set on ruining it for us to benefit people who buy in to the spells thing
kaZaam
ya and i alr empathized w that and still think its weird lol. thats not what i was getting at there anyway.

and wasnt xp always meant for spells? not sure about these Good Ol Days youre talking abt. also whos "us" really? i mean i barely use spells myself but im not going to settle for something thats really only gonna benefit me. Times Are Changing
Mario
at this point no one is suggesting rally should go below 1 anymore. You can collect as much ex as you want until you hit the limit, for whatever reason. What's your problem then?

The bar is based around spells because that's the only thing you can do with it. When we incorporate other features for it, that'll come into play with it as well. You're free to do whatever you want, but the system itself is always going to be built around encouraging people to use it as intended. because that's the point of it.

I mean shit it's like going to Nintendo for support about having trouble with the homebrew channel and being shocked when they're discussing ways to get rid of the exploit (which btw we're not actually doing anyway??)
Yrrzy
xp mightve been intended for spells but before rally it was a neat way to encourage people to interact w/ the community constructively (since you get xp from people liking/reacting to your posts), with something to aim for (levels) and as a non-spell-user it was something i found enjoyable

it seems like rally working as intended is people using a bunch of spells to get to 5x rally and then posting a ton in a short time (before it decays) to reap the rewards
Yrrzy
like, don't remove a feature people were enjoying to force them to play the narrow way you intended, support the alternate playstyle so people can have fun
Mario
nothing is being removed, and you can still (and always have been) able to play the forum like banjo kazooie
Agastya
banjo kazooie sucked
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Yrrzy
Rally exists

the old style of xp was fun, it doesn't exist any more because of rally

rally's purpose is to ruin the game for hoarders
Mario
We're not going to remove features from the Intended Playstyle for the sake of 'alternate' ones. At that point they're no longer the alternative
Spritanium
It doesn't ruin anything for hoarders because you don't lose anything

I can only imagine the backlash if we went with the original concept and just made higher levels lose exp through inactivity

Anyway i think people won't really have anymore problems as long as we remove rallies below 1

Applying it to spell costs is a novel idea but for one thing it's more confusing, and it also removes the other benefits of having your Rally high
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Beako
(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: With how heated this subject apparently is
:V

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: I'm going to suggest a potential line of changes we could make easily that would hopefully appease people for the time being until things could get looked at and tweaked in greater detail
Hooray

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: as we head into Season 1 (We're on Season 0 right now, the Testbed.
Hmm...

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: There's a reason why everything changes at the drop of a hat right now.
Grin

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: Season 1 proper will begin in January of 2017
Ultra Cool

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: with a full EXP reset being likely.)
Welp

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: Higher level users no longer go below 1x Rally. Instead, the same general formula used for determining how low below 1x one's Rally can go is used to see how high a low levelled user's Rally can be above 1x as the bottom line. This solves the issue of members feeling bad because their rally is below 1x, though it doesn't change how level and Rally interaction works much.
Just Right

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: Feelin' Fab: Extended to 1 week duration.
Love

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: 100 EXP
Grrr

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: Size Matters: Extended to 1 week duration.
Cute

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: 100 EXP
Peeved

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: Autocorreect: 100 EXP
Angry

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: Great Sh*t: 150 EXP
:doubt:

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: Frame That Sh*t: 450 EXP
Oh God No

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: Normalizes the lowest tier and brings the 24 hour spells more in line with other spells. Some price increases due to the increase in ease of building XP as a result of altering Rally as well as how often Spells get used.
Sick

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: Spell Knockback: Up to 100% Spell Cost depending on Rally, up from static 50%
Terror

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: With the advent of Rally no longer affecting Spell Knockback, the nice feeling as well as one of the primary benefits of having your Rally increased in the first place has been lost.
Sad

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: This allows users to use Rally as a mechanic more effectively while not creating more EXP out of thin air
Wat

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: as per what was fun but unfortunately exploited before.
:sniff:

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: What do people make of this,
:VHoorayHmm...GrinUltra CoolWelpJust RightLoveGrrrCutePeevedAngry:doubt:Oh God NoSickTerrorSadWat:sniff:

(Nov 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM)Draku Wrote: and are there any suggestions for other potential quick changes that could be made to make members happier with the system for the moment?
mwee
Mario
how the fuck do you put so many smileys in a post, it always yells at me