Yrrzy
to go further, the strategy guide states rally is "Designed to keep Old Money (Level 5+) players from having an unfair advantage"

this is of course bullshit, the only advantage "old money" players would have is in casting spells, if rally only affected spell usage that'd be fair, instead rally just makes hoarding harder for hoarders
Yrrzy
im rly trying to like this site cause i have 9 years of history w/ you guys but the way the site is being run rn and the fact that even some of the staff feel like they dont have control (me included) is really fucking ruining it for me
Beako
(Nov 26, 2016 at 1:57 AM)wtl64 Wrote: how the fuck do you put so many smileys in a post, it always yells at me

They probably forgot to give the Emojiguru usergroup a smiley limit. :P
Yrrzy
and ofc im ready for someone to take that control comment out of context cause its easy

i mean it feels like the direction of the site is arbitrary and decided by a group of non-staff
Mario
Then take leadership. We're where we are now because some people stepped up and wanted to do something with the place. If you want to do something then take charge. Constantly moping that the site isn't what you personally want it to be isn't going to change it
Yrrzy
implying i could actually make any changes and not just get demoted
Mario
no one in the history of minus world has ever been demoted, so that'd be a first
Mario
i mean fuck @Dracon is still a mod and they log in like once a week
Elyk
(Nov 26, 2016 at 2:00 AM)Puddin Wrote: They probably forgot to give the Emojiguru usergroup a smiley limit. :P
That's a nice special ability then.
(Nov 26, 2016 at 2:04 AM)Yrr Wrote: implying i could actually make any changes and not just get demoted
I wouldn't demote you for it and neither would Draku. The best way to participate in design stuff is by participating in the slack, second best is by making threads here/posting in existing ones.
Mario
slack is mainly brainstorming and technical details at this point, anything major goes out to the forum at one point or another
Spritanium
I don't think mods need to have any authority regarding the direction of the site. The position exists to enforce the rules. You can make suggestions like anyone else and you will be listened to. I think the main source of your frustration is that your vision for the site is very anti-everything-we've-added.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Agastya
put me in charge of the meta instead, i actually made a game
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Mario
(Nov 26, 2016 at 2:11 AM)Agastya Wrote: put me in charge of the meta instead, i actually made a game

I figured your playstyle was more sit back and watch the chaos
Agastya
my skillset and interests are very diverse
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
kaZaam
yrr if i was the only voice for this site, xp and spells n shit prob wouldnt exist in the first place. you have to understand that its not just about what you want
Yrrzy
nah the problem isnt really xp im ranting cause of general issues i have with the way the site is run and the direction its going and this just happens to embody those issues / tip me over the edge
Yrrzy
i mean i am annoyed w/ the fact the one thing i liked got ruined but yknow i do understand i dont get to decide what bullshit game mechanic the site gets themed on
kaZaam
well i obv dk about staff interactions so i cant say anything for sure there. but like what do you want
kaZaam
i think youre giving the whole Game aspect more importance than it actually has
Yrrzy
its an unavoidable part of the site, even if you turn it off like half the discussion on the site is about or fueled by it, and it's clear the dev team want it to be the focus