Agastya
(Nov 26, 2016 at 2:40 AM)Kazaam Wrote: i think youre giving the whole Game aspect more importance than it actually has
ok but that is literally the forum's selling point. you cant just conveniently ignore it

[Image: iwxRNGO.png]

[Image: pZfSwzs.png]

without that it's just another shitposting junction

except here we get to censor people when we want to instead of just putting up with them
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
kaZaam
(Nov 26, 2016 at 2:41 AM)Yrr Wrote: its an unavoidable part of the site, even if you turn it off like half the discussion on the site is about or fueled by it, and it's clear the dev team want it to be the focus
we prob get a little too experiment-y here but i think the devs are just trying to distinguish ourselves from other forums and in an environment where forums are so phased out by more centralized shit, it can be esp hard to get noticed and kinda takes that level of trial-and-error. even when im skeptical i can see past that cause atl we're trying to make something fresh

but regardless, what do you think would be better?
kaZaam
well yeah like i said the devs are trying to distinguish this place. that was moreso personal advice from my outlook
Aidan
what if we did a SELECT count(good shit) and displayed it by your user name
would that still reward making good posts
kaZaam
yea i think My Ideal Mw would be completely good sh8t based
Draku
(Nov 26, 2016 at 3:23 AM)BlasterMaster Wrote: what if we did a SELECT count(good shit) and displayed it by your user name
I suggested displaying Good Sh*t ratios on the postbit but Yrr didn't like that idea as a solution
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yrrzy
(Nov 26, 2016 at 3:24 AM)Draku Wrote:
(Nov 26, 2016 at 3:23 AM)BlasterMaster Wrote: what if we did a SELECT count(good shit) and displayed it by your user name
I suggested displaying Good Sh*t ratios on the postbit but Yrr didn't like that idea as a solution

i feel like its worth noting i proposed an alternate one, such as an all-time interactions meter that goes up every time someone GS's, reacts, donates, or uses a spell on you
kaZaam
huh that seems exactly like the kind of user interaction based number shit it looks to me like she wants. ffs i want it
kaZaam
that just sounds like what we have now
Mario
GS/P is a cool stat but I don't think it should be prominent as although it rewards quality it punishes quantity. Good Sh*t total might be a fun one to show though...

however in general I don't really like any stats displayed, people develop weird attitudes about them no matter what they are.

mw is experimental (esp right now) but maybe once we start doing dedicated Seasons we could have a dedicated dev board to test out more risky things like Rally. It still doesn't feel like a real Launch considering how much we're constantly changing stuff. (but I mean any early multiplayer game probably benefits from a lot of early patches so it's not too outlandish)
Draku
We could probably do something like that but I feel like that is sort of like a postcount in that it's going to obviously go up the longer you're a member, whereas a ratio means more overall

But if people are cool with the idea and want it why not
Aidan
seems like it would support a Lawful Good playstyle, paladins usually respect tradition and seniority
Draku
(Nov 26, 2016 at 4:56 AM)JoshJDubya Wrote: getting bad vibes about an exp reset, especially when duping people into donating to the lottery
...how is it duping anyone (lottery was prepped before this was fully decided on)

We plan to have future Seasons have mild EXP carryover (~30% or so) but this one was decided as full-on fresh start because it'll be the end of our Metagame Testing Phase.
Two_Finger
(Nov 26, 2016 at 5:00 AM)Draku Wrote: future Seasons have mild EXP carryover (~30% or so) but this one was decided as full-on fresh start because it'll be the end of our Metagame Testing Phase.

im less against the idea of a reset now
God
any sort of display of good sh*t as the marker of a Quality Poster is not balanced for Heels
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED