Cam
I don't have a ton of issues with Torb but I definitely feel like his turret is underpowered sometimes. I think my issues with the turret tho are that repairing it is damn near impossible once it's under fire, which is like, alright, but if you're gonna do that where I can't fix it before it busts I'd appreciate it if Roadhog's self-heal was nerfed because I kinda see that ability in a similar light and generally speaking the way that works is what allows for so many "Epic Roadhog Boss Fight" videos on YouTube where he just flat out refuses to die by self-healing as soon as it clocks back in.

I wish Torb's hammer was faster tho, the fact that it's even considered a weapon is weird to me because it's absolute garbage for fighting. I'd just speed that up honestly so that it's actually somewhat competent, but it's also not like it sees much use in comparison to shit like his normal melee.
[Image: fad.gif]
God
yeah there's no reason why torb has two weapons really. his shotgun could easily double up as the wrench
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Tenebrae
I mean his hammer does as much damage as Rein's. But his shotgun is overall more reliable.
He really doesn't need to be nerfed though. He's along the same lines as Bastion; better in lower levels of play where people don't work together or play as smartly. If anything, I'd prefer to see his turret range drop but have increased damage. As it is, it only stops flankers and teams without a Rein. As someone that plays a lot of Pharah, it just becomes an annoyance. I'll kill it before it kills me, but it's targeting me from two miles away. I really only ever use him on Anubis to stop Tracer and Genji from flanking the second point nonstop.
God
(Oct 4, 2016 at 9:41 PM)Tenebrae Wrote: I mean his hammer does as much damage as Rein's. But his shotgun is overall more reliable.
He really doesn't need to be nerfed though. He's along the same lines as Bastion; better in lower levels of play where people don't work together or play as smartly. If anything, I'd prefer to see his turret range drop but have increased damage. As it is, it only stops flankers and teams without a Rein. As someone that plays a lot of Pharah, it just becomes an annoyance. I'll kill it before it kills me, but it's targeting me from two miles away. I really only ever use him on Anubis to stop Tracer and Genji from flanking the second point nonstop.

what i mean is that i don't really understand why the hammer isn't just the rifle's melee
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
T-man
(Oct 4, 2016 at 11:41 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: what i mean is that i don't really understand why the hammer isn't just the rifle's melee
this would be a million times better
Yrrzy
i assume the idea is so that while you're building your turret you're vulnerable should someone sneak up on you, and can't immediately fight them, you need to switch weapons first.
God
i presume that's the idea too, but i think it's just an unquestioned artefact left over from TF2. its design principles like that that make Torb such a useless pick even at platinum level
Draku
(Oct 5, 2016 at 9:49 AM)Yrr Wrote: i assume the idea is so that while you're building your turret you're vulnerable should someone sneak up on you, and can't immediately fight them, you need to switch weapons first.
normally i would agree with this but this is also the same game where the sniper character has their sniper weapon double as a fucking assault rifle so it's sort of out of place.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Tenebrae
I would personally hate having to mash melee to fix a turret. It might just be because a decade's worth of TF2, but it just doesn't feel right. My melee being bound to mouse5 for whatever it is worth.
Dracon
@JoshJDubya why nerf his turrets? If anything, their "see it, shoot it" range is the only thing Torb has going for him at the moment, that and armor packs.

Also to be honest... I wasn't even thinking of Torb in a comp context. Heheh. Unlike Symmetra who is mortally situational, at least Torb has his uses in QP. Though I have seen Torbs in comp who've been able to contribute a lot because of Molten Core.

Really, my biggest issue with Torbjorn is probably his size. He's just so almost-square it's really easy to hit him and score bonus headshot damage off him, especially at close range where all you have to do is aim at where you'd usually be aiming at chest height for other heroes. The fact that his primary is a worse version of both the TFC engineer railgun and roadhog's shotgun are insult to injury.

And honestly, I'm fine with the forge hammer being a separate weapon. I'd hate to have to hit my melee button every time instead of just switching to hammer and holding down M1 to upgrade/repair my turret, but I do acknowledge it is lackluster right now. Especially since you can't even reliably out-repair most enemies in a 1v1 with your turret. The hammer might do the same damage as Rein's hammer, but without that range and his survivability you're toast. Maybe a swing could temporarily debuff enemies? Hell, what if having your hammer out made you pull your welding visor down to make you immune to the headshot multiplier? Think of it as him putting his visor on to work on his turret safely if you must.

Draku Wrote:normally i would agree with this but this is also the same game where the sniper character has their sniper weapon double as a fucking assault rifle so it's sort of out of place.
Ah come now, it's more of an smg in practice. You won't kill anyone competent in a single magazine anyway.
Draku
(Oct 7, 2016 at 6:04 PM)Dracon Wrote: Ah come now, it's more of an smg in practice. You won't kill anyone competent in a single magazine anyway.
it's soldier-76's AR with more spread and the damage falloff removed in exchange for having its damage set at a higher midpoint. call it what you want

my point was that in a game where they bothered doing that so that the sniper character wouldn't have to swap weapons when caught off guard due to general higher power levels of characters in comparison to other shooters, it is odd that the engineer character is not designed similarly.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Dracon
I wouldn't compare it to 76's gun at all. The spread is way more intense and kicks in almost immediately, does a bit less dmg per shot, and doesn't have the burst dmg benefit of the helix rockets.

[Image: 6pNtWD6.gif]

But yes, I do see your point. Like I mentioned, I'd like to see some reworking done for Torb's hammer.
God
anyone seen the latest developer update? jeff takes abt symmetra, and confirms that they are working on two new heroes, and a few new maps/game modes/hero skins. pretty good stuff
Tenebrae
(Oct 7, 2016 at 6:04 PM)Dracon Wrote: The fact that his primary is a worse version of both the TFC engineer railgun and roadhog's shotgun are insult to injury.

http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Reaper
http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Torbj%C3%B6rn

His alt-fire is a straight up Reaper shotgun.
Dracon
(Oct 9, 2016 at 11:46 PM)Tenebrae Wrote: http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Reaper

Man, I wish.

Reaper shotgun: 140 potential max (non-crit) dmg via hitscan pellets at 2 rps
Torbjorn shotgun: 150 potential max (non-crit) dmg via projectile pellets at 1.33 rps

Also, I hope that Sombra leak is true, it really seems to be! Having a proper SMG hero alone is enough to get me excited, can't wait to see what her abilities are like. Halloween loot boxes and MvM were also teased:

[Image: zombra.jpg]

If you can't read the text:
friendly redditor Wrote:[...][p]rotect the castle doors from the Zomnics and Dr. Junkenstein's evil allies."[...]

[...]ry your hand at three different difficulties - the harder the difficulty, the more points you can earn!

Hero: Sombra (she will be hacking her way into the build later tonight) [PICTURE]

Text beneath the picture of the actual character:

[...]bra is one of the world's best and most notorious hackers. As a child she lost everything during the Omnic Cris[...]

[...]ies with computers to survive. She worked with the Los Muertos gang in Mexico, executing increasingly more h[...]

[...]s until she attracted to much unwanted attention and had to go underground. During that time, she upgraded h[...]

[...]nentations and was recruited by the mysterious Talon organization. While Sombra seems content to work with[...]

I recently got promoted so the exp gain for next boxes is way less for me atm, gonna refrain from ovw so I don't level up prematurely and miss out on halloween boxes.

Wow, I haven't been this giddy about update news since TF2's good ol' days. Thank you Blizz.
God
ive been zucked by my own success - i have a commission to do in a hotel so I HAD TO LEAVE MY PS4 BEHIND AND IM GONNA MISS THE WHOLE OF THE HALLOWEEN EVENT. stinks big time. please god give me the strength to not buy halloween loot boxes
Tenebrae
(Oct 10, 2016 at 3:35 PM)Dracon Wrote:
(Oct 9, 2016 at 11:46 PM)Tenebrae Wrote: http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Reaper

Man, I wish.

Reaper shotgun: 140 potential max (non-crit) dmg via hitscan pellets at 2 rps
Torbjorn shotgun: 150 potential max (non-crit) dmg via projectile pellets at 1.33 rps
Reaper's shotguns being hitscan doesn't mean much, since they have such a drastic falloff at anything past up the ass.
Dracon
(Oct 10, 2016 at 11:46 PM)Tenebrae Wrote: Reaper's shotguns being hitscan doesn't mean much, since they have such a drastic falloff at anything past up the ass.
I disagree, it makes all the difference in the world. Their effective range might be worse than Scout's scattergun, but it's just long enough for hitscan to matter especially with headshot criticals and his rate of fire. Torbjorn's shotgun might do a bit more base damage, but it's harder to land reliable hits with because it's not hitscan.
Tenebrae
Sure you can argue the minor travel time will matter over the very short effective range, but I don't really buy it. I would argue being hitscan only matters if you're trying to take Pharah out of the sky. Outside of that, it's just about leading shots correctly.
God
actually projectiles tend to land more hits as they themselves have a larger clipping box around them than hitscan weapons. this is why hanzo's arrows "hit" enemies even when the physical model of the projectile clearly doesn't connect.

Thread Tags

vidya