T-man
Discuss all things Overwatch ITT

What's the latest?

Original Post:
Two_Finger
I played mei a bit in the beta so she's best
I kinda doubt I'll be getting it as the one person I want to play it with vastly prefers pve over pvp so they're not getting it
we'll see though
T-man
(May 25, 2016 at 11:54 PM)Two_Finger Wrote: I played mei a bit in the beta so she's best
[Image: Mei_portrait.png]
good taste
Renzo "The Renz" Kukenson
THE RENZ LOVES, AND I MEAN, *LOVES* HIS OVERWATCH

THE RENZ TENDS TO USE TRACER, PHARAH, WIDOWMAKER, D. VA, MERCY AND BASTION WHEN HE IS FEELING LIKE GETTING PRESIDENTIAL ON SOME JABRONIS. HAIL TO THE CHIEF, BABY

IF YOU WANNA GO TOE TO TOE WITH POSTERS' CHAMPION, ADD COMRADERENZO#1940 ON BATTLE DOT NET

THAT'S CAPITAL C IN COMRADE, CAPITAL R IN RENZO
Poxni
Poxnixles#1291 I like tracer, pharah, junkrat and winston lol
[Image: xPhNzA9.jpg]
T-man
(Jun 23, 2016 at 5:30 PM)Poxni Wrote: Poxnixles#1291 I like tracer, pharah, junkrat and winston lol
How do I get good as Winston? I really like to play as him but his gun damage is diddly dick.
Poxni
(Jun 23, 2016 at 5:39 PM)T-man Wrote:
(Jun 23, 2016 at 5:30 PM)Poxni Wrote: Poxnixles#1291 I like tracer, pharah, junkrat and winston lol
How do I get good as Winston? I really like to play as him but his gun damage is diddly dick.
be annoying as hell against groups and try to hit multiple targets with your gun to make your damage a little less shit, chase down weakened heroes that don't own you (like genji)
Draku
Learn how to best abuse his shield by making it so that by the time people run through it in order to be able to hit you you've already backed out of it so they still have to shoot into it and can't hit you. Jump behind squishies and groups (only target groups if you know you can take out their healer or if your team is supporting you), in King of the Hill mode Winston is mega useful because you can either hold the point with your team supporting them with bubble shields and dealing a lot of group damage or jump around the outskirts of the map picking people trying to flank or spam onto the point off. Your ult fully restores HP up to 1000 but there's a super annoying delay on it so you have to pop it earlier than you'd think to live through some stuff.

Also your head hitbox is huge and much easier to hit from the front than it is from the back. If you do a far leap into a place where you know enemies will be, turn around mid-air and then back again when you land. This is the only way you can engage Widowmakers because otherwise they'll just melt you before you can land. Not that you'll be killing any good Widows anyways since she's insanely overpowered and Winston isn't actually a counter despite everyone in lower matches thinking so.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Poxni
(Jun 23, 2016 at 5:57 PM)Draku Wrote:
Learn how to best abuse his shield by making it so that by the time people run through it in order to be able to hit you you've already backed out of it so they still have to shoot into it and can't hit you. Jump behind squishies and groups (only target groups if you know you can take out their healer or if your team is supporting you), in King of the Hill mode Winston is mega useful because you can either hold the point with your team supporting them with bubble shields and dealing a lot of group damage or jump around the outskirts of the map picking people trying to flank or spam onto the point off. Your ult fully restores HP up to 1000 but there's a super annoying delay on it so you have to pop it earlier than you'd think to live through some stuff.

Also your head hitbox is huge and much easier to hit from the front than it is from the back. If you do a far leap into a place where you know enemies will be, turn around mid-air and then back again when you land. This is the only way you can engage Widowmakers because otherwise they'll just melt you before you can land. Not that you'll be killing any good Widows anyways since she's insanely overpowered and Winston isn't actually a counter despite everyone in lower matches thinking so.
all this too, never thought of turning around while leaping tho
Draku
Forgot to mention that if the enemy team has a Reaper and they are anywhere near where you're going to jump don't bother.
Pea
i want the frogston skin
T-man
(Jun 23, 2016 at 6:40 PM)Pea Wrote: i want the frogston skin

I want so many skins so bad but loot boxes are fucking garbage

white white blue white

I managed to get the Safari skin for Winston which I like a lot.
Pea
yeah i got the frog lucio skin at least but winston is more fun to play
Shroomguy
I played a bit at a friend's place on console. Game is pretty sweet.
The Beef Baron
T-man
hi-level tipz from teh pr0z

[Image: I6MEpPq.gif]
Yrrzy
its a good game

still find myself playing tf2 more but its a good game
Stirling
pharah is best girl
i think i have 40% direct hit avg on her and most hours on her by far
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Draku
Does anyone else think Zarya is a bit too ridiculous? Been playing as her a decent amount recently as well as facing a lot more Zaryas on enemy teams. Her shields are absolutely perfect and block virtually everything unlike someone like Reinhardt or Winston where they're easily gamed around, her cooldowns are incredibly short given their power (fast enough that if an engagement isn't over immediately the Zarya player will easily have four shields to toss about during one, whereas with someone like Winston you're lucky to have one shield in an entire century), and the only way to not sit around for 2 seconds waiting for someone's shield to wear off is to break it, thus giving the enemy Zarya player a free 50% charge, which hurts like hell. Half her health pool is shields meaning you can even wind up regenerating it passively mid-battle thanks to the nature of her kit, giving her a ton of survivability.

Her hitboxes aren't anywhere near as large as the other tanks in the game either which is extremely important. Speaking of comparisons to other tanks, all of them are designed around only being able to effectively deal damage at short ranges. And then Zarya just has her grenade shots that mean you're potentially more dangerous than a Junkrat if you keep your charge steady. Her ultimate is insane too, though it at least doesn't necessarily kill anyone on its own.
T-man

>when you get that tasty potg

[Image: LMlB2zm.gif]
God
TF3 is fucking SICK, been sinking some SERIOUS HOURS into this game

my faves are post-buff Zenyatta, D.va, Tracer and Mei

wanna learn how to play as Genji and McCree one day
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED

Thread Tags

vidya