AWFADragNaut
Mario 2 is an amazing mario game because of how different it is.

Hoping for a long time that New Super Mario Bros 2 would be a sequel to that game but oh wells.
Aidan
(Nov 30, 2016 at 10:00 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Nov 30, 2016 at 9:52 PM)zelma Wrote: Going thru Zesteria right now and I can defintely say the battle system is very smooth and fun; but better than graces though? Idk. The whole seraphim thing kind of brings it down a little in my personal opinion, a long with a in my opinion kind of confusing skill system compared to graces "level up this title and you're good".
See the thing is I fucking loved the Seraphim stuff, and Armatize is super fun. I can get why some people may not enjoy Armatization too much though. Skill system is way more complex than Graces but also more interesting and rewarding, you can do some batshit stuff with how it works.

the big problem with the seraphim and armitization is that it really screws over anyone who doesn't want to play default hero + 3 AI meat shields
granted, 99% of the player base is doing that, but it's still a step down especially compared to graces where every character was sick as fuck
Draku
(Nov 30, 2016 at 11:40 PM)BlasterMaster Wrote: the big problem with the seraphim and armitization is that it really screws over anyone who doesn't want to play default hero + 3 AI meat shields
granted, 99% of the player base is doing that, but it's still a step down especially compared to graces where every character was sick as fuck
you can play as a seraphim character and armatize tho, i did that a lot

it was fun swapping between playing as sorey and playing as various seraphim that the situation demanded, and armatizing when needed
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
I enjoy the strategic element of it; especially early on when you realize "oh damn huge ass fire sword WONT destroy everything; lets try water arrow or star platinum" but I agree with BM, it just isn't nearly as fun as doing a 100+ combo with asbel, hubert, pascal, and sophie's broken ass.

From what I hear Beseria is the best of both words as far as the battle system AND a prequel to zesteria so defintely looking foward to that.
Draku
berseria's demo was really fun and the arte system appears to solve the one issue i had left with how graces/zestiria handled stuff so im looking super forward to it
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Two_Finger
yeah berseria demo was pretty fun
T-man
There's no legitimate reason for Nintendo not to go third party.

They would likely see more success on more popular platforms. Everybody wants Nintendo games, no one wants Nintendo hardware.
AWFADragNaut
Time to get the salt grinder working Smash 4 is more fun than Melee
T-man
(Dec 1, 2016 at 1:06 AM)JoshJDubya Wrote: that's the mainstream opinion at this point and does not belong in this thread ffs

Plebetendos get wicked butthurt when you say that tho
T-man
(Dec 1, 2016 at 1:09 AM)AWFADragNaut Wrote: Time to get the salt grinder working Smash 4 is more fun than Melee

This is just true facts. Smash 4 struck a great balance between Brawl and Melee and has literally every character that was ever actually going to be in Smash

Sorry Genofriends.
Aidan
(Dec 1, 2016 at 1:09 AM)AWFADragNaut Wrote: Time to get the salt grinder working Smash 4 is more fun than Melee

hard disagree
why though

i think it defintely depends on the player.

if you're a casual person and play smash for the fun of it and sometimes like to get competitive then you'll enjoy 4 the most.

if you're a bitch ass indivdual who thinks wavedashing = skill and absolutely NEEDS your gamecube controller everytime you fucking play the damn game; you will like melee more.

but smash 4 is still goat.

>spamming pikachu's thunder

what are you my sister are something? get the fuck out of my thread
AWFADragNaut
(Dec 1, 2016 at 1:12 AM)BlasterMaster Wrote: hard disagree
why though

Actually this is a great question, because I have been sat here trying to structure a reply for i'd say 15 minutes now and can't really put it down to anything. I just simply feel it's a better made game. It's so much more to it than that I can guarantee you but for now I'll just leave it at that because I'm evidently too tired to think.

I'm probably going to get back to you when it's not 1am and I can actually string together a response
Aidan
k I'll wait
i fully understand there's a lot of dumb shit in melee but i would call it the best complete package of the series
whereas smash 4 has a lot of dumb shit (arguably more than melee) and the overall package is poor and unengaging