Toucan
It wont let me change my avatar, it keeps saying my avatar URL is invalid. This is my avatar URL https://files.catbox.moe/k9hsa0.png
Draku
It seems to want to reject that URL no matter what, even from the Admin panel. Which is strange considering I'm using a Catbox hosted avatar myself.

I went ahead and just uploaded it to the site itself for you.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Toucan
Thanks
Toucan
Umm I went to the avatar panel out of curiosity and I think my old avatar is somehow cursed?

[Image: mvkkfe.png]

I'm just going to leave it alone because I like the toucan avatar but this is weird
Draku
Probably some sort of conflict between having a previous URL specified and my having directly uploaded one which bypasses the custom UI we have going for cropping and the like.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
shift f5 fixes it
Spritanium
IIRC we have a fetchAvatar.php file and the output is cached. Why the avatar is a php file, who can say. It was necessary for some weird thing in 2016 probably
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Toucan
(Jun 27, 2024 at 8:53 PM)T-man Wrote: shift f5 fixes it

Oof you're right
rtsmarty
(Jun 27, 2024 at 9:28 PM)Spritanium Wrote: IIRC we have a fetchAvatar.php file and the output is cached. Why the avatar is a php file, who can say. It was necessary for some weird thing in 2016 probably

iirc it was some kind of cross site thing when trying to put the image into the avatar cropper thingy so we effectively turned the site into a proxy for the avatar so that it would load

it's probably a very bad idea
Spritanium
Ohh yeah that was it. The avatar cropper is an HTML canvas so it can't render an image from a different origin. Hilarious that we didn't just render the canvas stacked on top of an img
[Image: supercorrect.png]