Elyk
I want to get excited for this game but then I remember the Zelda stuff in the Wii U trailer.
Spritanium
Oh yeah there's a 99% chance it'll just be another 3D World with slightly more unique environments; I'm just looking forward to the 5-10 months during which I'll be able to pretend that might not be the case
[Image: supercorrect.png]
DrTapeworm
3d world was a really good game though so it's a winning outcome either way
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Draku
(Oct 24, 2016 at 1:29 AM)Spritanium Wrote: Oh yeah there's a 99% chance it'll just be another 3D World with slightly more unique environments; I'm just looking forward to the 5-10 months during which I'll be able to pretend that might not be the case
it can't be another 3d world with a camera angle like that.

i'm just deathly terrified it's going to be galaxy-esque instead of 64-esque.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Two_Finger
honestly it gave me the same kind of feeling galaxy's intro level did
Beako
(Oct 21, 2016 at 2:08 AM)MSO Wrote: I think that Mexican looking level is the actual hub, so we're not in the Mushroom Kingdom again, I wonder if it has a connection to Sarasaland
Sarasaland is based on China, not Mexico. :P Plus Shigeru Miyamoto irrationally and obsessively hates anything related to Waluigi or Daisy, so fat chance we'll ever see Sarasaland in a main Mario title. Sad
Pea
im just gonna say that since breath of the wild is sandbox-esque, new mario could be like 64 and have a less streamlined experience
Beako
Also if this is a Sunshine-esque game rather than a SM64/SMG/SM3DW -esque game I will be very happy. Especially if it has multiplayer. I Wanna F*ck That
Spritanium
Nintendo: Switch trailer may not show “actual game footage”

_Boooo._
Spritanium
If Nintendo actually took the time to "do but not really do" the perfect games by creating fake footage for the trailer, and the actual games are more of the same, I'm going to 50/50-laugh-cry

This is the same feeling as when those early-mid-2000s Mario hoaxes would be exposed, except this time it's Nintendo themselves doing the hoaxing. My how the turntables
Draku
(Oct 25, 2016 at 1:28 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Nintendo: Switch trailer may not show “actual game footage”

_Boooo._
it's obvious that it was meant to be a demonstration of the concept alongside some teases rather than anything concrete.

also dummy footage overlaying is done all of the time even when there's a fully working product, capturing screen footage via camera fucking sucks and looks awful.
Spritanium
(Oct 25, 2016 at 1:37 PM)Draku Wrote: it's obvious that it was meant to be a demonstration of the concept alongside some teases rather than anything concrete.

also dummy footage overlaying is done all of the time even when there's a fully working product, capturing screen footage via camera fucking sucks and looks awful.

Yeah I know that, it's just the fact that the trailer suggests it's "game footage" but the quote in this article sort of alludes to it not being footage of a game at all

Which also has me worried that they're struggling with the tegra and the actual games are going to look nowhere near as impressive
sealelement
im excited. 3d world was amazing. even if its not sm64esque (which is obviously ideal), this game will probably be amazing too.
100% pure gamer 100%
StrikeForcer
My opinion of the Mario Switch preview is more reflectant of my concerns after the presentation of the Switch itself, in that I am highly doubting that the consoles would load up Wii U discs which I think its a major turnoff for me who is one of the unfortunate souls to still have a Wii U, amidst other concerns about reigion-locking and digital purchases being tied to account rather than console. If it is indeed a thing, I hope that this game is priced lower, as it is enough of a reason for me to just flat out skip out on this game tbh.
Fun With Despair
the mexican city was promising, but the following shot of the random floating block Galaxy/3D World level made me officially throw any hopes into the fucking bin.
Spritanium
I've heard theories that it's a minigame area à la the fluddless levels in Sunshine. Hopeful right?
T-man
3D Mario is rumored to be day one.
T-man
They made Super Mario 64 DS way too early. Now we can't get the remaster we deserve.
Draku
a 64 switch port with DS' extra content but fixed up would be incredible and better than anything i trust modern nintendo to do with 64's formula
T-man
Remasters are opportunities to improve games, so I would be incredibly interested to see how they could improve Sunshine.

Thread Tags

switch mario