T-man
I fucking hate when remasters and rereleases are used as leverage for a sequel.

"Oh man guys, you know, I guess enough people didn't buy the same game again, I guess you don't get a new one :("
Draku
what's worse is when the remaster is objectively fucking horribly handled and they still use it as the excuse
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
I actually kind of hate regular enemy battles in RPGs. It's the same battle over and over again and that shit gets annoying. I feel like regular enemies should work like they do in platformers, killable in a few hits right on the overworld, but then the game would probably take a half hour to beat
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
(Mar 3, 2017 at 2:33 AM)Spritanium Wrote: I actually kind of hate regular enemy battles in RPGs. It's the same battle over and over again and that shit gets annoying. I feel like regular enemies should work like they do in platformers, killable in a few hits right on the overworld, but then the game would probably take a half hour to beat
it depends heavily on the encounter rate and battle system.

in very basic turn-based games mobs are not very interesting, i mean shit bravely default (the culmination of every classical turn based rpg) gives you the option to auto-battle using the same set of commands you just used so you can end battles in a single button press as well as the other option to change the encounter rate.

now you turn the complexity up a little and you get neptunia's turn-based system where mobs are still very basic but every encounter is still its own kinda thing, where you have to both optimize getting a symbol attack on the enemy for an advantage, take care of your starting positioning and navigate everyone around so that you can clear out mobs ASAP, which i personally find fun if not slightly basic but others might not.

tales of has advantage gain systems in most of its titles on the overworld and then you enter the battle and it's a realtime action type game so you have to actively deal with the enemies and there tend to be plenty of layouts so it stays interesting. this is probably the best rendition, especially since a lot of mobs can be a little tricky compared to the usual jrpg mob.

tbh at this point i'd rather rpgs go the way of pre-determined encounters you're forced into but they have more thought put into them and only those give levels and shit. you could grind drops if you wanted to off of "normal" mob encounters but the key ones would be more engaging. unfortunately this takes more dev time though i believe if executed properly could be done pretty all right with only a minor extra investment.
T-man
(Mar 3, 2017 at 2:33 AM)Spritanium Wrote: I actually kind of hate regular enemy battles in RPGs. It's the same battle over and over again and that shit gets annoying. I feel like regular enemies should work like they do in platformers, killable in a few hits right on the overworld, but then the game would probably take a half hour to beat

I only have this problem towards the end of the game when mistakes swarms of enemies with difficulty
Pedigree
Nintendo games at full price forever.
Elyk
(Mar 3, 2017 at 2:25 AM)T-man Wrote: I fucking hate when remasters and rereleases are used as leverage for a sequel.

"Oh man guys, you know, I guess enough people didn't buy the same game again, I guess you don't get a new one :("
I wonder if we'll finally get a sequel to Final Fantasy VII.
ProtoTroid-13
Artificial Difficulty.

Things like the previously mentioned enemy swarms. Then there are the enemies that are difficult not because they have interesting attack patterns and means of defense, but because they're absolute tanks and bullet sponges. I liked Metroid Prime 2, but man a lot of the bosses were just awful on that front.
Only thing I really hate is the exclusitivity of it sometimes. Especially when a game is actually amazing and I want to enjoy it with others outside of my circle and internet but can't due to language barrier, region locking etc. ( ex. Back when Jump Ultimate Stars came out and unless you got used to japan time u were not gettin online matches ;-;)
Spritanium
Oh man region locking is the worst bullshit

If I buy literally any product, it'll work anywhere in the world I take it - unless it's on a disc

Why do people pirate multimedia its such a confounding mystery
[Image: supercorrect.png]
fucker5
when my brain cant produce dopamine so theyre not fun to me
fucker5
when they dont have anime girls in them
fucker5
Fake difficulty, like in dark souls.
Draku
Padding.

Holy fuck, padding.

Why do games feel like they need to be longer than there is actually content for? Give us the good parts all in a row, don't space them out with bullshit no one likes doing since it makes their game time longer. People are perfectly fine with short games if they're fun the entire way through.
Pedigree
Setting the story up for a sequel, but the game flops and the sequel never comes. This leaves no satisfying conclusion to the story and it drives me crazy.
T-man
I hate when the game is really good but you know you're headed towards the end
To add to that, that empty feeling you get after you beat a really good gme.

Really makes you feel.
Yoshin
voice acting
I'd much rather text tbh

also minimaps
every minimap has been more of a distraction then a helpful tool to me, so I disable them whenever possible
Yrrzy
CSGO's minimap is so VITAL but i get so distracted trying to glance at it and orient myself to see where my team are watching
T-man
(Mar 8, 2017 at 11:25 PM)zelma Wrote: To add to that, that empty feeling you get after you beat a really good gme.

Really makes you feel.

I'm getting close to beating BotW and I'm just not ready for it to end despite playing it for like 50 hours.