Feature Concept: Minus World Salt Mine

Draku
Currently, if you use a spell and don't have the required amount of EXP, you simply can't cast it.

But what if you could, and it sent you into EXP debt?

Idea is that you could reach negative EXP values and need to work your way back up. You'd be locked into one forum: The Salt Mines. Here, you could post freely and generate up EXP slowly, or make particularly good sh*ts that get your EXP back up and on track when users from above see them. Healers could help out these users especially, with their ability to grant additional knockback EXP on spells like Great Sh*t. Of course, donating is also a way of "paying bail" so to speak.

What do you all think? I think it sounds hilarious, but it could also be annoying. Of course, you more than likely couldn't be sent there without doing it to yourself unless your anime sister got on your account while you were super low on EXP.

Additional concepts for this idea are also appreciated.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
Funny and relatively harmless if we can get it implemented right

We'd have to do something about disabling it for new users maybe? What if someone made an account, used some super expensive spells, and never came back again? This is also something people could do as a final bow if they plan on leaving us. Maybe we could have a maximum overdraw amount to combat this
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
I was actually just thinking about that.

New users could have a "get out of jail free" card in their inventory that goes away once they hit level 2 for the first time or they make enough posts.
Draku
(Sep 7, 2016 at 1:43 AM)Spritanium Wrote: This is also something people could do as a final bow if they plan on leaving us.
>Cast Outta Sight on a text wall as a goodbye
holy sh*t
Spritanium
Maybe we could make it so you can't use the Permanent option if you're gonna overdraft
Draku
(Sep 7, 2016 at 1:53 AM)Spritanium Wrote: Maybe we could make it so you can't use the Permanent option if you're gonna overdraft
Yeah that'd be a good call.

I do still think leaving an Outta Sight as a 24hr farewell would be funny as hell though.
kaZaam
ehhhhhhh seems kinda unnecessary. like if someone's low on xp and wants to spend more, it's no big deal to just post normally for a bit and get some more. going broke for one spell and being exiled to some emptyass joke forum doesnt seem worth it at all to me.
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Elyk
you get sent to positive world instead
Draku
(Sep 7, 2016 at 2:00 AM)Elyk Wrote: you get sent to positive world instead
LOL
Mario
[deleted]
Draku
(Sep 7, 2016 at 2:14 AM)wtl Wrote: i imagine a group of posters claiming the salt mines as their own and deliberately going there. pretty hilarious. As long as there's a warning "youre spending more XP than you have, are you sure?" then i guess its ok. we can always balance adjust as needed
Yeah shit like that would be hilarious. And obviously there'd be a warning, potentially even a little tooltip about the Salt Mines.
God
great idea

they should have a Salt Member member bar
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Mario
[deleted]
T-man
(Sep 7, 2016 at 1:58 AM)Kazaam Wrote: ehhhhhhh seems kinda unnecessary. like if someone's low on xp and wants to spend more, it's no big deal to just post normally for a bit and get some more. going broke for one spell and being exiled to some emptyass joke forum doesnt seem worth it at all to me.
Yeah, call me a stick in the mud but I don't think this would be very good for a forum.
I like the idea in and of itself, I just think the joke would be getting too far in the way of discussion.
Spritanium
I don't think it gets in the way of discussion since you basically have to sign up for it

Tbh the idea's probably more trouble than it's worth to implement, but Salt Mines is too good of a pun to not use it somewhere
mit
i'd be down to just have a way to gamble exp like the saltybet thing. that sounds legitimately fun honestly, maybe there could be a live chat feed for MW in it too if thats possible
T-man
Now, gambling EXP is a winner of an idea.
Draku
slot machine thread
Two_Finger
poker thread
kaZaam
(Sep 8, 2016 at 3:52 AM)Two_Finger Wrote: poker thread

this
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]