[Day 4] - Another Log On The Fire

Spooks?
As the snow from last night's storm begins to melt away, you decide to wander out to the Fountain, just to see what everyone's been up to. As you arrive though, you look off at Trip's Pad in the distance and recoil in shock.

[Image: 174?cb=20170520215142]

"Hey! Stop looking at the crime scene and let me tell you about the crime scene! Sheesh, some people just have no respect for conventions, I swear. How would YOU like it if I just went and tried to do your job for you, huh?"

[Image: 106?cb=20170520215139]

"Ahem, anyway it looks like we've got ourselves an arsonist on our hands! How exciting! Y'know, I always WAS one for a good fire-based kill. There's just some pizzazz to it. Takes guts!

So, who got roasted tonight? Let's take a look!"

---

@DemonMist has been found dead in the burned-out Waiting Room of Trip's Pad, completely scorched!

Their role was Ultimate Bootleg

Role Description:

---

[Image: 137?cb=20170520215135]

"Wow, you only managed to kill one tonight, huh? Pussies."

[Image: 5a3QRe6.png]

"What? Aw man, my waiting room... Hopefully my game's still okay. I never beat it, but it was like, a gift and stuff. Woulda thought those sprinklers would kick in again though... Wonder what happened?"

[Image: J6jvKVx.png]

"It's a bummer, but I've got bigger things to talk about. I found another passageway! Oh, and I'm also a 100% legit zombie slayer now, isn't that rad? That's right, a zombie tried to rush me when I was checkin' out the Smoker's Lounge, and I totally SHOT IT! Yeah! He was real big too, totally nasty."

[Image: N0jrDuh.png]

"There's a pretty... weird place down below that Vault though. Check it out if you want, I didn't get much of a chance to 'cuz MCD showed up and wanted to hang out. You know I can't turn down an offer like that..."

---

CASE FILES:
-DemonMist is lying in front of the ??? Door in Trip's Pad.
-He is covered in horrible burns. The Ultimate Detective determines that this is due to him being covered in an accelerant.
-The entire room is completely burned out, save for the Arcade Machine, which still functions despite scorching.
-Only the Waiting Room is burned, the rest of Trip's Pad is fine.
-The Ultimate Detective locates an old key in DemonMist's pocket.
-The water tanks in the Water Control Room have all been shattered, flooding the passageway entirely.
-There is a small pile of gore in the Smoker's Lounge.
-The Vault has been opened.
-Several objects have been placed in the Bonfire.
-A sword has been stuck in the Piano.

OTHER INFO
-The Goose Statue has been restored, and a much cruder sculpture of a goose sits next to the Fountain.
-A Big Daddy from Bioshock is standing by the Fountain.
-Sealelement's corpse is now nude.
-The Kindest Weapon's corpse has vanished.
-What looks to be a black shard of jagged glass is sitting on a pile of leaves between the Garden and House Bishop.
-The Archivist and Gintoki were AFK

Room descriptions will be altered as you investigate and learn more about the changes in each room.

THE MAP

[Image: 3Htr2dB.png]

Room Descriptions

House Bishop (Red):
House Minerva (Yellow):
House Academia (Blue):
House Oliva (Green):
Trip's Pad (Pink):
Outdoor Areas:

[Image: GzD4dqh.png]

Room Descriptions

House Bishop (Red):
House Minerva (Yellow):
House Academia (Blue):
House Oliva (Green):

[Image: XvBFwnk.png]

Room Descriptions

Basement Rooms:

CURRENT PLAYERS:

@Bigfoot
@Mother Goose
@ASMR Youtuber
@The King of Town
@Ham Sandwich
@Skull Face
@Fink
@Godbert Manderville
@The Archivist
@Momoko Koigakubo
@"cooking mama"
@Gordon Ramsay
@Hillary Clinton
@Grell Sutcliff
@bees
@MCD
@Ruby Rose
@Ainsley Harriott
@Gintoki
@Ramone Stradvar
@Bandit Shoey

Post investigation questions in this thread, and try to post any major theories here, for the sake of ease.

The investigation will end tomorrow at 7 PM PST.

As an incentive, if the correct killer is lynched, everyone who voted correctly will be given a Caffeine Injection This item will prevent one KO.

COPYING AND PASTING YOUR ACCOUNT WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE EXECUTION. DO NOT DO THIS.
Visions
House Academia.

Two men are having a battle of words over moot points. Although muffled words at first, their conversation eventually becomes clearly audible.

“... not supposed to take part in this.”

"I will have you know that I was the top pick for this project and I have been proving my worth every second of my time here!"

It's Zayn and Mernon, and they're on the verge of yelling at each other.

"Well I will have you know that your only display of worth in this island so far has been nothing but buffoonery! Complete, utter-"

"Buffoonery!" Mernon scoffs. "Your dictionary is as extensive as your contributions to real science!"

Zayn's face can be visibly seen turning redder by the second.

"YOU have been bringing PESTILENCE to this house with your so-called 'experiments'! YOU were the cause of last night's sickness, when your 'Potion' turned a simple salad vinaigrette into PUTRID SLIME!"

"That salad was delicious and nobody knows true food in this. What is putrid is YOUR attitude!"

"HAVE YOU EVEN POURED THE DAMNED SLIME ON YOUR SALAD?!"

Mernon takes a pause of hesitation. He's about to bite his lip, but refrains from doing so in reflex of not showing weakness towards his opponent.

"That is besides the point. The point I am tryi-"

"YOU HAVE POISONED HALF THE ISLAND!!"

You swear you could hear Zayn's screams resonate in your head. You wonder if his screaming could be heard from anywhere within the island, possibly farther. Mernon's mouth is about to open when a person can be seen outside, from the window, falling down. A second later, a thud could be heard. The two academians rush downstairs and head outside, spotting an unmoving body, lying on the ground.

Upon closer inspection, the bloodied white dress, long black hair and a serious stab wound to the stomach can only belong to an unfortunate Valentina. Zayn approaches the body furthermore to observe for any other injuries.

"Oh, gods."

"Is she alright?"

"Buffoon! Do you think she's alright? Fetch the bandages and medicine already!"

Mernon dashes back inside to the house. Zayn touches his fingers beside Valentina's neck to check for her pulse…

...Nothing.

Mernon comes back, carrying whatever he thinks could be first aid. He attempts to help by applying some ointment on the open wound, then bandaging it. He notices that Zayn has been observing the whole time.

"Why aren't you helping?"

Zayn unconsciously bites his lip.

"I'm afraid we cannot help at this point."

The two academians look at each other, then at the body, for what seems to be an eternity. Silence dominates the scene, so much so that you could feel it resonate in your head.
Jack of Spades
I'm gonna take a break and play the arcade game while you guys solve this one
Ainsley Harriott
I take the key from demonmists pocket
Jack of Spades
Oh, if we're playing the packrat game, I'll take that black shard thing. Wait, is the pile of leaves booby trapped? I can't die during investigations, right?
Spooks?
(Jan 11, 2020 at 9:46 PM)Cooking Mama Wrote: I'm gonna take a break and play the arcade game while you guys solve this one
You walk into the Waiting Room and turn on the Arcade Machine.

You turn on the game to find yourself as a character wearing a green hoodie and pink hat.

Your name is TRIP, and you are a cameraman currently employed to film a movie, or so you think. It has been days since any actual filming has been went on, and you are trapped in a studio labeled "Studio X".

Currently, you find yourself standing in the Central Tower. A mansion looms to your north, a Train Film Set sits to the right of the tower, a Hair and Makeup room sits to the left of the tower, and to the south are woods. A girl is in the tower with you, she appears unhappy.

What do you do?
Ainsley Harriott
Fuck you monokuma :(
Spooks?
(Jan 11, 2020 at 9:48 PM)Ainsley Harriott Wrote: I take the key from demonmists pocket
You pick up the old key, and try to pocket it. Monokuma slaps it out of your hands, and calls you a bitch-ass. That's against the rules!

(Jan 11, 2020 at 9:52 PM)Cooking Mama Wrote: Oh, if we're playing the packrat game, I'll take that black shard thing. Wait, is the pile of leaves booby trapped? I can't die during investigations, right?
You walk over to the pile of leaves, and instantly find yourself hurtling into a pitfall, which was covered by the leaves. Luckily it's not that deep, and just hurts your ass. You pick up the shard and examine it. It's just black glass, probably made in the workshop. Next to you at the bottom of the bit is a sign:

[Image: vSRAwC7.png]

You sigh, and climb out of the pit.
Jack of Spades
Ouch, nevermind. No investigating. Back to my game. "TALK TO GIRL" I hope I don't get eaten by a grue.
Spooks?
(Jan 11, 2020 at 10:08 PM)Cooking Mama Wrote: Ouch, nevermind. No investigating. Back to my game. "TALK TO GIRL" I hope I don't get eaten by a grue.
You talk to the girl.

She is dressed in a security guard uniform, and tells you that she is a paranormal investigator looking to stop a man named Xavier from obtaining something known as the "Despair's Wish". She points to the manor, and tells you that he is inside, but warns you of a terrible monster lurking around the studio.

She offers to assist you, and shows off a gun, with three bullets loaded.

LIZ has joined the Party. What will you do now?
Jack of Spades
"GO RIGHT"
Hillary Clinton
Talk a long look at the burned waiting room, and a less long look at DemonMist's corpse.
Spooks?
(Jan 11, 2020 at 10:16 PM)Cooking Mama Wrote: "GO RIGHT"
You go RIGHT to the Train Set.

It is a movie set dressed up to look like the desert. In front of you is a train, with a passenger car, a dining car, and an engine. At the back of the room are stairs leading upwards.

What will you do?
Jack of Spades
"SEARCH PASSENGER CAR" This is gonna take a while. Should I be putting in long inputs?
Spooks?
(Jan 11, 2020 at 10:18 PM)Hillary Clinton Wrote: Talk a long look at the burned waiting room, and a less long look at DemonMist's corpse.
You take a long look at the burned room, like looking at a long lost lover. Honestly it's pretty burned up in here, and it smells a bit like gasoline. Beyond that, most of the room is too fucked up to do a whole lot with.

You give DemonMist a quick look-over. He's uh... crispy? At least he doesn't seem to have any injuries beyond the burns.
Spooks?
(Jan 11, 2020 at 10:27 PM)Cooking Mama Wrote: "SEARCH PASSENGER CAR" This is gonna take a while. Should I be putting in long inputs?
You search the Passenger Car. All you find is a suitcase filled with WOMEN'S CLOTHING.

Long inputs are allowed, however if combat ensues, you will be cut off.
The Archivist
Investigate the vault.
ASMR Youtuber
Trip wakes up from a bad dream about Hilary dabbing, and together we go to the Smoker's Lounge.
Lo and behold, we meet HILARY CLINTON there in a fancy coat. FINK is there too, drinking.

Me, Trip, and Hilary go to House Bishop, where GRELL is lying on the piano.
Hilary stops to talk to Grell, and Trip and I continue.

I let Trip take my gun for a bit, in case Bees tries anything again.

DEMONMIST appears and waltzes up to the vault and opens it, seemingly knowing the passcode.
He then leaves, he doesnt even enter the vault.

The corpse of BABY SANS THANOS then appears, with a bloody knife and flashlight.
Trip screams and shoots BST to bits, saving us all.

SKULL FACE enters and Trip explains what just happened, he doesnt seem to mind.

We all enter the vault and see an assortment of Weird Jars, similar to those in House Academia but newer, despite listing dates from 200 years ago.
Some of the jars are scratched up on the inside.

Trip excitedly begins filming everything, and I notice a hatch on the ground.
I point it out and Trip opens it up to reveal a shaft and ladder.

Trip and I decide to go down, and Skull Face goes back to what he was doing.
Trip hands me the gun back and goes down first, where we find a modern-looking concrete hall.
We follow the hall to an underground pier and docks, with crates, a clipboard, and an old key.
Before I can investigate I am KO'd.
Spooks?
(Jan 11, 2020 at 10:50 PM)The Archivist Wrote: Investigate the vault.
You check out the Vault. All that seems to be in here are various modern-looking containment jars, all storing a variety of specimens, much like the room in House Academia. However, these are… different. Much more recent, despite many of the jars sporting labels that list years from almost two centuries ago as the "point of origin".

More disconcertingly, many of the jars containing animals seem to be heavily scratched on the inside.

There is also a hatch on the floor, which is currently open. A ladder extends downwards.
Mother Goose
I wanna check out whats down the mystery vault ladder