58.33%
Total: 12 vote(s)

Dinosaur Fight [ROUND 2] - Three Velociraptors VS One Ankylosaurus

ThePyroGuy
[Image: 3ha5JgU.png]

[Image: gQKr4vb.png]

who would win

tell me below or vote in a poll
rigging votes is encouraged (dinosaurs would do the same)

the winner of this round will go on to fight a t-rex

here's some information that might help

[Image: 1g5IyiN.png]

3 velociraptors
+adapted to hunting in packs, and they have the numbers advantage
+famous from jurassic world
+has deadly claws that can pierce non-armoured skin and vital facial organs
+pretty clever
-about the size of a turkey

1 anklyosaurus
+heavily armoured
+weighs like 8 tonnes
+mighty tail with a club at the end
+apparently capable of killing a t-rex (no spoilers)
-herbivore
-can only really take on 1 enemy at a time due to its stance and single tail
Draku
this one seems like a no-brainer but personally i think the velociraptors have a good chance if they can find a weak point. the anklyosaurus is a tank but its enemies here are attuned to a group. its tail becomes awkward to fight with when they get in close and it can only really swat one at a time, allowing the others to get up close where it has a much harder time, giving them the opportunity to strike quickly and critically.

individually they are like flies to it but a skilled pack seems like it would overcome this situation.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yrrzy
anklyo does have an AOE weapon but 3 raptors working together means he can only really target one at a time and the other 2 are gonna be in his face owning his shit tbh

sry anklyo i know you could do well but you had a bad round 1 matchup and imo lose here
Fun With Despair
yeah gonna have to go with the raptors. In a 1v1 the anklyosaurus takes it for sure but only the area directly behind it is capable of putting out the big damage numbers. with one opponent that's not an issue, but even if he could smash one raptor into ground turkey, the other two are going to gouge out his eyes or go for the underbelly or something.
Hearts
I'm actually gonna give this one to the ankylo. Based on the size comparison chart, even if the raptors got to its fleshy parts, they'd have their work cut out if they wanna do significant damage before the ankylo crushes them into paste. If they go for the legs or belly the ankylo could flatten them just by lying down. The only way I see the raptors winning is if they get a good chomp on the neck but if the ankylo listens to wu-tang clan he's got this in the bag
Amoeba
I think the ankylo wins here. Raptors are built for jumping and attacking from above, and their talons hook downwards to puncture and tear vertically, and above is where ankylo's armor is strongest. If they want to go for ankylo's weaker though still very tough lower body's skin, they go right into the club's line of fire, or risk getting stomped on by an 8 tonne elephant turtle. 3 velociraptors could find a weak point, but I doubt those bird brains can do it reliably.
sealelement
i think the raptors would need a serious level of cohesion and problem solving to maintain the level of coordination they would need to take down the ankylosaur, and that is likely a level of intelligence that is honestly beyond them. ankylosaurs defend themselves against predators all the time, so it would have an idea of how to defend itself even against a small pack like this. more importantly, i think a raptor even taking one hit from the tail would seriously compromise its ability to safely attack the ankylosaur by restricting its ability to move or bite, meaning that the ankylosaur could snowball easily off of one solid hit while the raptors would need to maintain that high level of coordination.
100% pure gamer 100%
Fun With Despair
i think cohesion and problem solving while hunting is pretty much the entire gimmick of raptors
ThePyroGuy
the dinosaurs will fight tomorrow

until then the floor will still be open for reason and rationale + vote rigging

as a note, there's no concrete system to guarantee your preferred dinosaur will win. obviously the only 'supernatural' influence is that these dinosaurs have an artificial drive to fight each other in circumstances in which they would normally ignore each other, but the fights are basically dependent on a mixture of polls + what people are saying in the thread + my own research.

like that ancient youtube series death battle, but cooler (because there are dinosaurs)
ThePyroGuy
the dinosaurs will fight

[Image: i3THzV7.png]

round 2... what could happen here? while the anklyosaurus undoubtedly has a mass advantage, it doesn't have a numbers advantage. who will win? who will die? you, once again, have decided these reptiles' fates. last round's conditions still apply, so without further ado...

BEGIN

[Image: peMJ6wA.png]

the crafty velociraptors quickly assess that their victory does not lie in playing fair. they scatter and scamper behind the anklyosaurus, keeping out of both its line of sight and the range of its tail. anklyosauruses can't kill what they can't see, surely! as a pack, they cannot communicate plans the way we humans do, so their instinct is to attack the way they always do... at least at first. theyve never fought an anklyo before, but theyre absolutely capable of adapting.

[Image: gI0IxTq.png]

our first velociraptor leaps toward the backside of the anklyosaurus, ready to deliver a swift strike to the spine! this is how they normally hunt their prey, after all.

[Image: jx09OhL.png]

but the claws of the velociraptor, suited for killing small rodents and fish, can't even break the almost invincible carapace-skin of the anklyosaurus. it simply shrugs off our poor raptor...

[Image: PGnXbWH.png]

and delivers a swift strike of its own. ah shit. lesson learned, think the other raptors, still out of sight from the blood-soaked anklyosaurus. they both realise the same thing - they will have to strike in places that the tail can't hit, in places unprotected by the armour. the soft underbelly, perhaps? or the eyeballs? one could blind it, the other could rip and tear the organs within.

as a note, if the raptors win this round, they will have their buddy revived, or replaced. same goes for any entrant that suffers a devastating loss or injury.

[Image: vqAxBnm.png]

as one raptor approaches it head on, ready to pounce or flee at a moment's notice...

[Image: 5yFXasQ.png]

another sits, safe from the action underneath the gut of the anklyosaurus. it begins slowly piercing the belly, one prick at a time. if they stay safe and out of the way, they can drain the anklyo of its blood, or even get some damage going in more vital places.

[Image: NL7MrDc.png]

crumbs and cheesecakes! in an act of villainous aggression, our brave raptor has taken advantage of this face-to-face encounter and gone straight for the eye! the anklyosaurus, now partially blinded, is at a huge disadvantage. this could be anyone's game...!

[Image: CR6wjYm.png]

the anklyo, heaving and roaring in anguish, slumps to the ground in shock, bringing 8 tonnes of mass down onto the fragile frame of our underbelly underdog, the second raptor to meet its end in this dinosaur fight. still, the final raptor can surely use this new blind spot to slowly wear the anklyosaurus down over time..!

[Image: 0WtigPa.png]

but in time, the velociraptor meets the tail end of destiny, delivered with the force of an enraged sledgehammer. it could have spent hours fighting and evading, but if it can't even make a single cut in the beast's skin on its own, there was truly only one outcome to this. or was there...? that's for another time, my dinosaur loving friends. a fair fight for all.

in summary:
*the velociraptors were not only the size of turkeys, but they also carry the fragility of the modern bird. their bones are light, and easy to crush. its why they only ever really hunted prey smaller than themselves
*even though they had the pack advantage and possibly the brains advantage, their claws simply were not suited for piercing the skin of an anklyosaurus, even the non-armoured parts. i strongly doubt they could even break through an anklyosaurus's eyelids.
*velociraptors can problem solve and adapt to new threats, but bird-brained as they are, they can only learn through mistakes - trying something and realising it doesn't work, THEN thinking of a new plan. a cohesive strategy to identify and attack an anklyosaurus's weak points would require a lot of sacrifice, which a pack of 3 cannot afford.

ANKLYOSAURUS WINS ROUND 2. IT WILL GO ON TO FIGHT THE T-REX IN ROUND 5.
Draku
you may have lost, velociraptors. but the dude's name is still anklyosaurus. you won in spirit

i do like cheering for the underdog but this is a completely understandable outcome, love the presentation just like last time. the highlighting blood effects for dramatic effect are great
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yrrzy
rigged
sealelement
eat shit losers
sealelement
(this is actually an excellent post too just like the first. looking forward to more)
100% pure gamer 100%