Yoshin
And have it be svg too
Mario
[deleted]
Spritanium
Favicons can't be SVG to my knowledge, but you have to include like 20 meta tags with various pngs to handle every device/resolution
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
I made one for Spritey that he said he would scale to the various sizes but I guess he forgot.

[Image: nHOoNaA.png]

and here's the little guy I just made

[Image: pS6zoeg.png]
Spritanium
Yeah lol there's a bunch of shit to keep track of
T-man
(May 29, 2016 at 1:09 AM)Spritanium Wrote: Yeah lol there's a bunch of shit to keep track of
Do we have an official list of stuff that still needs to get done? That might help in keeping track of the little things like this.
Spritanium
The suggestions/bug trello boards would probably be the place
T-man
(May 29, 2016 at 1:22 AM)Spritanium Wrote: The suggestions/bug trello boards would probably be the place

We really should have a global thread that makes them more visible and accessible.
rtsmarty
(May 29, 2016 at 12:01 AM)T-man Wrote: and here's the little guy I just made

looks like NN
T-man
You mean we're not called Ninus Norld?
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
(May 29, 2016 at 1:48 AM)rtsmarty Wrote:
(May 29, 2016 at 12:01 AM)T-man Wrote: and here's the little guy I just made

looks like NN
ehhhh yea a little bit. maybe add a solid black pixel-tall drop shadow between the m and w or someshit
T-man
I'm pretty disappointed you guys aren't into it, I thought it looked pretty nice, especially when it's where it's supposed to be.

[Image: eq8RRpZ.png]
kaZaam
w.e its fine
Mario
[deleted]
rtsmarty
(May 29, 2016 at 5:17 AM)T-man Wrote: I'm pretty disappointed you guys aren't into it, I thought it looked pretty nice, especially when it's where it's supposed to be.

[Image: eq8RRpZ.png]
it's not that it doesn't look nice, just looks like NN

i'm not sure it'll even be an issue, i only really pay attention to favicons for bookmarks anyway and i'm going to know what it is
Draku
considering prime mw's favicon has always looked like a box rather than what it's supposed to i don't think having something that could be mistaken for a pair of ns could be that big of a deal
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
rtsmarty
(May 29, 2016 at 11:32 AM)Draku Wrote: considering prime mw's favicon has always looked like a box rather than what it's supposed to i don't think having something that could be mistaken for a pair of ns could be that big of a deal

the old favicon looked sort of like the rotating blocks to me so it was kind of like an easter egg that it was actually MW, kind of like the arrow in FedEx
Yoshin
I didn't even know what the old mw favicon was supposed to be for the longest time. At least with this one I can recognize it off the bat
Spritanium
Eh it looks a little like NN, but that's not a big deal. On a desktop, favicons don't really do anything important, and on mobile devices (pinning MW to your home screen for instance) it'll use the bigger icon anyway.

Moreover, I can't figure out how to make something more identifiable that looks as nice. 16x16 is a bitch.