reasons why some otaku hate evangelion

God
  • because they don't get it
  • because there's no fanservice
  • because it makes them realise that they're fucking worthless nerds
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Mario
I've always said it's too deep for me
Beako
I don't hate Sega Genesis Evangelical I just don't understand it. Same with FLCL.
God
tbf i don't even think Hideaki Anno know how Deep NGE is
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Two_Finger

>no fanservice

looks like they missed the previews
The main message I got from Eva was "hey life may suck sometimes but that shouldn't be an excuse to be a lazy fuck. go get what you want" which is a direct attack at the hardcore otakus/nerds

once you're older though i feel like you get it

not that its hard to get

december 4th is tmmrw
God
(Dec 3, 2016 at 8:06 PM)Two_Finger Wrote: >no fanservice
looks like they missed the previews

nah bruh the previews were just making fun of you lmao
Aidan
"shinji is a little bitch" after watching him stab an angel to death with two fuckboys in the cockpit ruining his sync ratio & the umbilical cable detached & witnessing it straight up ignore being shot with the world's biggest gun & with the pain of being impaled multiple times and tossed around like a ragdoll and the flesh on his hands burning & that was only episode 3
God
Happy birthday Asuka Soy Sauce Langley
so amazing best girl birthday happy birthday give thanks
[Image: MEm2cpz.jpg]
absolutely disgusting; mari is second best girl and legitimate waifu to compare her to the latest nerd fap fetish is disgusting please pray to asuka for forgiveness
Yrrzy
(Dec 4, 2016 at 9:40 PM)SonicProject Wrote: the pink one kinda reminds me of D.VA from Overwatch

d.va is full of eva references, down to her name and costume
geno7
shit man where were all these eva threads back when i first finished watching it? i wouldve killed for somewhere to gush about it, it blew me away back when i first saw it. of course nowadays my opinion of it is much more heavily mixed - i love parts of it and hate parts of it - but the show's got me in an abusive relationship that ive been in for too long to get out of
geno7
a few things i have to say though, as a rebuttal to the "shinji is a little bitch" arguement -

first of all yeah i agree with what BlasterMaster said, he goes through some pretty fuckening traumatic shit over the course of the series, i think he does pretty well for himself under the circumstances. i get that a lot of people were waiting for shinji to pull a Noriko and drag himself out of his turmoil to become a badass at the apex of his character arc like most anime protags do, and that's expected, but what a lot of people don't seem to realize is that shinji is a deconstruction of that whole archetype - he's what a real actual 14 year old kid would act like if they were put through that kind of shit. and with that in mind i think he does better than most people would do

second, he doesnt even really act like a mopey little bitch for a lot of the show. for the entire middle part he even gets kind of cocky. iirc there's a whole episode about that. of course in the last few episodes when evangelion starts to shift gears and get really psychological he softens up again, but still
[Image: fsMwICg.gif]
God
yeah i mean shinji's psychology is definitely one of the definig aspects of NGE. gotta say he's probably one of the greatest fictional characters of all