T-man
CRASH IS BACK BABY

T-man
straight up gameplay

Two_Finger
I was mildly excited till I saw that it was just a remake/remaster thing
AWFADragNaut
A remaster works too because it's so old it actually makes sense.
Mario
I think it's what the franchise needs. If these do well I'd love to see a more modern take on this classic style of gameplay. Can't think of any platformers that tried to do what Crash did in the same way? It's pretty good
T-man
Yep, remastering the classics is the way to go. It makes the games accessible for a new audience.

I never really played the originals and I'm sure as hell gonna pick this up.
Mario
i never played much of 1 or 2 but warped was pretty good. there were a ton of weird secret levels
DrTapeworm
when spyro though
[Image: dinogunz.png]
mit
something about the way the environments are colored bothers me a lot, they feel like the skylanders crash stage which isnt a good thing

going from this
[Image: tumblr_inline_ohnlbtclH61s0dr91_540.png]
to this
[Image: tumblr_inline_ohnlbwpFvf1s0dr91_540.png]

is a bit of a downgrade in terms of colors and feel of the environment. i get now the level is actually visible but all the fauna looks too yellow and gives the impression almost of a drought or that theyre dying

[Image: tumblr_inline_ohnldkVjCX1s0dr91_540.png]

all i did was up the saturation + contrast and hueshit a bit and it feels a lot more alive, it even helped hide the fact that some of the scenery looked kinda plastic-y
[Image: 13a3785a5b.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: fef8774bcc.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: f5cb2d4fad.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: b7385c9f62.png]
T-man
Yeah, the colors are a bit desaturated and drab, but that's a simple fix.

It's a pretty common criticism, so I can definitely see something being done about it.
sealelement
im excited but also concerned

and this is a stupid concern to have, but: it feels like it takes just slightly too long for crash to collect the wumpas after they appear after he breaks a box. also, the fruit eating sound is different and i dont like change
100% pure gamer 100%
Fun With Despair
(Dec 4, 2016 at 12:26 AM)SonicProject Wrote: what the fuck mang

these games deserve a remaster

they are the only games in the crash bandicoot series that are worth a damn

plus it paves the way for new games in the future
(Dec 4, 2016 at 12:26 AM)SonicProject Wrote: they are the only games in the crash bandicoot series that are worth a damn
twinsanity was okay

wrath of cortex was passable
sealelement
yeah i actually didnt mind wrath of cortex and twinsanity. they weren't great but they didn't kill me and i played them. i seem to remember twinsanity having some neat little gimmicks even, although it was kinda short

also, crash team racing is very much worth a damn
100% pure gamer 100%
Stalin
i thought wrath of cortex was okay but most of the time it just felt like a slightly soulless retread of warped

colour me cautiously optimistic for this
[Image: Hammer.gif~c200]
DrTapeworm
twinsanity was tragically unfinished when it was released but it was also the one with the hilarious soundtrack so that's one of the things it has going for it
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Sponge
Quote:[Image: C4l90ZOWMAENRcV.jpg]
[Image: C4l90ZPW8AAWHL7.jpg]
[Image: C4l90aEWYAINTnN.jpg]
[Image: C4l90ZPXUAAt2aK.jpg]
[Image: C4mA0R3WEAEtDHH.jpg]
[Image: C4mA0SyXAAAvsq_.jpg]
[Image: 25a21bb7ac43e8ed4bc56cc59633f69a.jpg]
[Image: 7x3jGEj.jpg]

[Image: eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vaS5pbWd1ci5jb20vdURk...LHgHEMNJE0]
Fun With Despair
dunno how to feel about this

looks even cheaper than yooka laylee
T-man
In what universe does this look cheaper than Yooka-Laylee?

It's one thing to not like the art direction but goodness gracious.
Fun With Despair
(Feb 14, 2017 at 5:19 AM)T-man Wrote: In what universe does this look cheaper than Yooka-Laylee?

It's one thing to not like the art direction but goodness gracious.
The lighting is super off to me in a lot of it, but it especially stands out with the enemy in that nighttime screenshot. The first two just look weird as hell to me too.

I also think the Komodo Bros look disgustingly plastic themselves, like something out of disney infinity or a shitty unity game
Zae Eildus
it looks okay i suppose as stated earlier things look a bit too plastic and a little too bright, id probably pick it up anyway, but i hope some visual fixes will come later.

Thread Tags

playstation