Mario
It LOOKS LIKE the DNS for the original boards is toast, but it's still actually there.

https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/forums.the...04.28.8.89

shows you all X's,

but if you add

to your hosts file to point to forums.theminusworld.net

then you can get in. You can also use this extension for chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...edom?hl=en (I recommend it if you use chrome because chrome does some weird DNS caching)

If you can already get in, great, but for those that can't hope this helps
T-man
thanks super mario
Beako
Mad
VinnyVideo
Now someone needs to make Mario Teaches DNS for the Super NES.
Course clear! You got a card.
Beako
So how long is it going to be up?
Yoshin
archive.minus.world when
T-man
minus world one isnt worth all this work to see it tbh

if anything it serves to contrast the board we have now, like a colonial village reenactment
Beako
One of the reasons I want my posts to be removed from old MW is because everything I posted about politics on old Minus World is disingenuous bullshit where I'm pretending to be a lot further left wing than I actually am. I'm liberal scum who's been brainwashed by reactionaries and I'm too lazy to read books. Nothing more, nothing less. So if anyone thought deleting my old posts on old MW would protect me from incrimination, think again. I post way edgier shit here (by accident, mind you, but apparently
everyone on earth except me is a consequentialist ethicist, so who cares about intent, am I right?) than I ever did on old MW. Although I initially planned to never post about politics on new MW it's pretty impossible since no one else will STFU about them and I have the impulse control of a garden sponge. Honestly I'm just not smart enough for politics. Is there any shame in admitting that? Well, wanting to have the things I posted that make me unemployable WAS sort of a factor but I can barely go five minutes on the internet without posting something that makes me unemployable so what's the point of trying to cover my tracks?
T-man
(Dec 17, 2016 at 1:55 AM)Puddin Wrote: One of the reasons I want my posts to be removed from old MW is because everything I posted about politics on old Minus World is disingenuous bullshit where I'm pretending to be a lot further left wing than I actually am. I'm liberal scum who's been brainwashed by reactionaries and I'm too lazy to read books. Nothing more, nothing less. So if anyone thought deleting my old posts on old MW would protect me from incrimination, think again. I post way edgier shit here than I ever did on old MW. Although I initially planned to never post about politics on new MW it's pretty impossible since no one else will STFU about them and I have the impulse control of a garden sponge.

I don't really understand what prompted this post but I can relate to bolded. Not on Minus World, but I got tired of pretending to give a shit about stuff that I just... don't really give a shit about.

Also you have a funny definition of edgy because you're about as edgy as a pillow.
Beako
(Dec 17, 2016 at 2:07 AM)T-man Wrote: I don't really understand what prompted this post but I can relate to bolded. Not on Minus World, but I got tired of pretending to give a shit about stuff that I just... don't really give a shit about.

Also you have a funny definition of edgy because you're about as edgy as a pillow.
What prompted the post was that we were told we'd have a chance to opt out of having our posts on Old MW archived, but this thread is leading me to believe that everything I wrote on Old MW is officially written in ink, not in pencil. But I'm glad to hear that someone can at least partially relate to what I'm saying.

As for the "I'm edgy" thing I added something in parenthesis clarifying what I meant. Not sure exactly how to explain any further. Also glad to hear you don't think I'm edgy.
Aidan
we had some good ass threads.
i'm going to get to work making a paper copy for archival purposes
T-man
I really don't think you should be so concerned about it to be honest with you. It seems like a really irrational fear.

Like no fucking suit anywhere is gonna be like, "Alright, let's run a check on this guy's social media activity. You know, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram; Oh, and don't forget to check Minus World"
Aidan
[Image: 1zhtmkK.png]
when will minus world accept its true self

credits to @GrinchReloaded for inspiring me to repost this suggestion
T-man
(Dec 17, 2016 at 2:28 AM)BlasterMaster Wrote: we had some good ass threads.
i'm going to get to work making a paper copy for archival purposes
copy them with a feather pen in a giant book
Mario
(Dec 17, 2016 at 2:29 AM)BlasterMaster Wrote: [Image: 1zhtmkK.png]
when will minus world accept its true self

credits to @GrinchReloaded for inspiring me to repost this suggestion

careful, that's the one that got her banned for 2 years
Mario
FYI I have 0 control over the old board. I can't make a new domain point there that'll actually work and I can't delete anything. I'm sure someone here still has the access to do something with it? idk, I just know why it broke and how to get to it, and I don't think it'd be a great idea if everyone thought it was completely gone except for a select few when it's really just a bit hidden
Mario
Updated first post with another IP address (cloudflare must have removed the records)
Beako
On second thought, I'm fine with not having my posts in the archive deleted on one condition: I would like whoever has access to the archive to change my username on the archive "Coward" and change my usertitle and signature to "Warning: This post might be disingenuous." :P

While I don't ever* participate in internet trolling, I have the tendency to pretend to have opinions that I believe are more socially acceptable than my actual opinions. Welp However, I've decided that this is my opinion from now on: if a friend of mine ever disowns me over an opinion of mine (rather than try to persuade me to change my opinion, agree to disagree with me, or attempt some sort of compromise) then they don't deserve my friendship. Mind Blown

Another reason (initially the main reason) I wanted my posts to be removed from the archive was because I was worried a White Supremacist, a Critical Theorist, or Encyclopedia Dramatican might come across my posts and become angry enough with me to try to use them to destroy my personal livelihood. Oh God No While there probably aren't any White Supremicists on Minus World, there certainly are many Critical Theorists and at least a few Encyclopedia Dramaticans. Bleh While I highly doubt that all Critical Theorists and Encyclopedia Dramaticans go out of their way to destroy the lives of people who disagree with their ideologies, it is undeniable that some people outside of Minus World who drink the Critical Theory Kool-Aid or Encyclopedia Dramatica Kool-Aid have done this in the past. Ugh

Anyway, I doubt Minus World is inhabited by any people who enjoy orchestrating the destruction of other peoples' livelihoods. Cute Oh wait. :fry: People on Minus World seem to want to destroy the livelihood of MechaBowser. Hmm... But as far as I know, that was over MechaBowser doing shitloads of reprehensible things and getting off scot-free; not over doing something that specifically challenges Critical Theory or Encyclopodia Drmatica. Quite

In recent months I've come to the realization that I'm not important enough for anyone to bother to go out of their way to mess with my personal life over shitposting on Mario forums anyway. LOL Additionally, the internet really is written in ink, not pencil, and my constant efforts to run away from my past are futile and cowardly. No

Furthermore, I effectively have zero impulse control. Blank Due to that, on almost a daily basis I continue say things that are in ideological conflict with White Supremacy, Critical Theory, and Encyclopedia Dramatica. Terror Even if someone were to get a wild hair up their ass and orchestrate a witch hunt against me, having my posts deleted from Old MW would barely make a dent in the amount of things I've posted online that could anger someone from one of those three ideological camps. Dead

For the sake of simplicity, in this post I referred to Encylopedia Dramatica as an ideology itself. Grin However, what I'm referring to is whatever ideology the users of /cow/, KiwiFarms, and Encyclopedia Dramtica subscribe to. Sleeping All I know is that it involves the belief that people who are "lolcows" deserve to suffer and be mocked and ridiculed. Oh Brother... I don't know what that ideology is called, and it's probably more of a sub-ideology than an ideology in and of itself. :V I imagine that users of those three communities probably have a variety of different primary worldviews. :thinking:

*I have not purposefully trolled on the internet since 2009 (except on 4chan and 8chan.) Pirate
Draku
done
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yoshin
(Dec 17, 2016 at 12:00 AM)Yoshin Wrote: archive.minus.world when

with all this host file nonsense I thinks this is needed