Mario
[deleted]
Spritanium
LOL

I have a normal xbone controller and it's seriously awesome, why would anyone buy the $150 one constructed from Legos?
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
[deleted]
Spritanium
Question: is the Xbox One Pro Gamer Elite Controller Experience compatible with songsmith?
Draku
the quality you pay for by actually falling for a $150 controller

or by buying an xbox controller in general whenever you could get a dualshock 4 instead. not like the xbone has any games to use it on
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
I don't know about xbone, just the controller. I have a media center/portable gaming PC that I use it for

Dualshocks bug the shit out of me, I hate the two control sticks being on the same level. Maybe it's because I hardly played the PS2 growing up, but it just feels wrong
rtsmarty
(May 30, 2016 at 3:37 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I don't own an xbone, just the controller. I have a media center/portable gaming PC that I use it for

Dualshocks bug the shit out of me, I hate the two control sticks being on the same level. Maybe it's because I hardly played the PS2 growing up, but it just feels wrong
PS2 was my lifeblood. Dualshock4life.
Draku
(May 30, 2016 at 3:37 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I don't know about xbone, just the controller. I have a media center/portable gaming PC that I use it for

standard bone controller is all right, it's basically a 360 controller that tried to fix things and... sorta does it.

i love the dualshock design in that it works better for a game that uses both dpad and stick as it's more convenient to lower your thumb to use a stick than it is to lower your thumb to use a dpad. ds4 ergonomics are also comfy as fuck and earlier dualshock designs worked super well for letting the controller sit in your hand.

didn't play psx/ps2 much at all while they were relevant but i got really into the ps3 and now ps4 for having the highest quantity of good games of their console generations. though the fact that i grew up with a snes and that the dualshock is a modded snes controller with analog sticks probably helps.
T-man
(May 30, 2016 at 3:37 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Dualshocks bug the shit out of me, I hate the two control sticks being on the same level. Maybe it's because I hardly played the PS2 growing up, but it just feels wrong
Yeah, it took some getting used to when I got my PS3, but now I find it to be no better or worse than asymmetrical sticks.
The DS4 is comfy as hell though, and I find it to be the best suited for PC gaming since the release of DS4windows. You can even use the touch pad to control your cursor.
rtsmarty
(May 30, 2016 at 3:55 PM)Draku Wrote: i love the dualshock design in that it works better for a game that uses both dpad and stick as it's more convenient to lower your thumb to use a stick than it is to lower your thumb to use a dpad.
nobody even considers using the dpad anymore except for trivial shit because it's just so fucking useless on the x360 controller (compounded by the fact that the xbox360 dpad was utter garbage anyway)
Draku
(May 30, 2016 at 4:07 PM)rtsmarty Wrote:
(May 30, 2016 at 3:55 PM)Draku Wrote: i love the dualshock design in that it works better for a game that uses both dpad and stick as it's more convenient to lower your thumb to use a stick than it is to lower your thumb to use a dpad.
nobody even considers using the dpad anymore except for trivial shit because it's just so fucking useless on the x360 controller (compounded by the fact that the xbox360 dpad was utter garbage anyway)
yeah in multiplats it winds up unused because of compensating for the 360's bullshit, but exclusives tend to use it somewhat. plus in the case of using a controller for PC gaming you have the advantage of having a much easier time using just the dpad in a 2D game where you would ignore the sticks anyways.
kaZaam
playstation3/4 controllers are a bit 2small for my lankyass fingers, kinda miss the ps1 design tbh. i just use an old 360 controller for shit like darksouls cause it just works w/o any adwarey driver programs ffs. heard xbone controllers only work for windows 10 so yeaa fuck that
kaZaam
like is that supposed to be a feature or something? lmao gfy microsoft
T-man
No, it's part of their initiative to get people to switch to W10 by any means necessary. Even if they have to trick you into it.
Draku
(May 30, 2016 at 4:49 PM)McPhresh Wrote: i just use an old 360 controller for shit like darksouls cause it just works w/o any adwarey driver programs ffs
DS4 works out of the box, it's just the DS3 that needs a bunch of hairpulling bullshit. Though there are programs to make the DS4 work -exactly- like a 360 controller they aren't needed in any games that aren't straight extremely lazy 360 ports.
Spritanium
(May 30, 2016 at 5:00 PM)T-man Wrote: No, it's part of their initiative to get people to switch to W10 by any means necessary. Even if they have to trick you into it.

It sucks, because Windows 10 is a pretty nice OS, but Microsoft completely dropped the ball when it comes to quality control, so it still feels like it's still in alpha 2 years later. I've had 10 installed on several machines and the amount of bugs is always staggering for an OS that's been out for this long.

It would be one thing to auto upgrade machines if the OS didn't seem to break in new and exciting ways with each update. Forcing people into a minefield is another thing entirely. For that reason I have a hard time recommending 10 to anyone who expects a clean and solid experience similar to 7.

It's like they outsourced the entire project to the cheapest developers greed could locate. They've redesigned the default apps like two times over and they STILL don't match with one another. It's such a mess that I wouldn't be surprised if the only team communication MS has is through a tin can.
Spritanium
It seems like MS these days is all about making compromise after compromise, all the while neglecting the bigger picture. They'll just add things without paying any attention to how the whole thing works together, and it makes for a disjointed experience
T-man
(May 30, 2016 at 5:23 PM)Spritanium Wrote:
(May 30, 2016 at 5:00 PM)T-man Wrote: No, it's part of their initiative to get people to switch to W10 by any means necessary. Even if they have to trick you into it.

It sucks, because Windows 10 is a pretty nice OS, but Microsoft completely dropped the ball when it comes to quality control, so it still feels like it's still in alpha 2 years later. I've had 10 installed on several machines and the amount of bugs is always staggering for an OS that's been out for this long.

It would be one thing to auto upgrade machines if the OS didn't seem to break in new and exciting ways with each update. Forcing people into a minefield is another thing entirely. For that reason I have a hard time recommending 10 to anyone who expects a clean and solid experience similar to 7.

It's like they outsourced the entire project to the cheapest developers greed could locate. They've redesigned the default apps like two times over and they STILL don't match with one another. It's such a mess that I wouldn't be surprised if the only team communication MS has is through a tin can.
I have Windows 10 on both my desktop and my laptop and I've never had any issues with it. However, I do find a lot of their W10 apps to be inferior to their old Windows counterparts, but you can use the old stuff so it's not that big of a deal.
kaZaam
i think fresh w10 installs are usually ok but goddamn like eberyone i know that went w the free upg has had a fuckton of issues ontop of it just being a shady af os in general
Spritanium
I dunno what's wrong with my computers, because I only do clean installs and I have a bunch of shit go wrong anyway

* About 20% of the time when I wake my desktop up from sleep, one of my monitors is just static like The goddamn Ring
* My laptop trackpad randomly shuts off if I dare use it for too long
* Every time I wake my laptop up, it thinks I want to go into tablet mode (hint: i don't)

To be fair my laptop is using the insider preview, but I keep the drivers updated and all three of these issues have happened for basically the entire duration of my Win10 experience

I really like the OS, don't get me wrong. Shadiness aside it makes me excited to be able to use a Windows OS without feeling like the design was a *total* afterthought

Also being able to resize two windows at once when they're side-by-side = PRO MODE