people who throw out salad greens: why?

sealelement
i have a co-worker at my groceries store i work at who, for lunch, will often buy one or two of those $4 salad bowls with the toppings, dressing, and greens in there. and then, she throws out like 75% of the greens, and just eats the dressing and toppings alone. she justifies herself with "i'm an adult, i can spend my money how i want!" but i still judge her for her terrible life choices.

so for those of you who do this (and i KNOW somebody here inevitably does this): why? the purpose of the topping is to compliment the greens. its like throwing out the soup and just eating crackers, or throwing out the pasta and just drinking the sauce. when you throw off that balance, you literally mess everything up. so why?
100% pure gamer 100%
Two_Finger
yeah I agree with you there
if you buy a salad you should eat the salad
kaZaam
jfc forget health and the money. like can you get more wasteful

idk i guess its kinda poetic for us as a whole. i dont wanna know how much food ive wasted throughout my life
Draku
(Dec 7, 2016 at 10:57 PM)SonicProject Wrote: also there are people who prefer to eat iceberg lettuce which is p much the same as having nothing at all

IDGI
yeah it's a pretty titanic difference in taste
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Aidan
(Dec 7, 2016 at 10:57 PM)SonicProject Wrote: also there are people who prefer to eat iceberg lettuce which is p much the same as having nothing at all

IDGI

it's so i can say i ate lettuce without actually having to taste lettuce
sealelement
i have just learned something else that is disgusting about this same co worker that throws out the greens

she doesn't throw out the greens in the ONE situation where it is acceptable, which is when you go to subway and they fist your fucking sandwich with iceberg lettuce and that shit tastes like water unless you take a couple dozen cups of lettuce out after the fact
100% pure gamer 100%
Two_Finger
(Dec 12, 2016 at 11:16 AM)sealelement Wrote: and that shit tastes like water
tbh that's what I like about iceberg lettuce
Spritanium
I love iceberg lettuce

It doesn't have any flavor but the texture is phenomenal, add some ranch and croutons and salad is suddenly delicious
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Yoshin
Yeah the non-iceberg lettuces don't have much of a desirable taste, so if I have to use lettuce(usually can be replaced with spinach or dandelion) I go iceberg. Best use of lettuce is sauerkraut though.
Beako

>eating salad

sealelement
(Dec 12, 2016 at 12:59 PM)Two_Finger Wrote:
(Dec 12, 2016 at 11:16 AM)sealelement Wrote: and that shit tastes like water
tbh that's what I like about iceberg lettuce

its perfectly fine when it isnt like three fistfuls like they do at subway
100% pure gamer 100%