Suggestion: Rename :hmm: to :glare:

Spritanium
There are basically two things that Hmm... is used for as a reaction:

1. "This has made me think"
2. "I see what you did there"

But tbh it doesn't really look like either of those things; to me it has always looked like a glaring face.

I've made two new emojis to fulfill uses 1 and 2 for the current "hmm":

:ponder: I See What You Did There

I propose that :ponder: take the place of Hmm..., with Hmm... being renamed to :glare:

Thoughts?
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Yrrzy
idk what the fuck that second smiley looks like to me but it sure isnt ISWYDT
Spritanium
There's no end-all-be-all ISWYDT face. This one should capture the emotion just fine, it's basically this with a closed mouth:

[Image: latest?cb=20140610225008]
Spritanium
(Dec 16, 2016 at 8:34 PM)SonicProject Wrote: the second one just seems kinda rapey to me

[Image: latest?cb=20140610225008]

And this isn't
Spritanium
ffs you can say that any face looks "rapey", it's just like people who see a freeze frame of a face and the first thing they say is "he looks constipated xD"
Draku
the newer ones are more clear in what they're meant to represent yeah.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
(Dec 16, 2016 at 8:36 PM)Spritanium Wrote: ffs you can say that any face looks "rapey"
True, especially this face.

[Image: cCrcCMx.jpg]
Beako
(Dec 16, 2016 at 7:58 PM)Spritanium Wrote: There are basically two things that Hmm... is used for as a reaction:

1. "This has made me think"
2. "I see what you did there"
3. "I think I see what you did there"

To me it has always looked like a glaring face.
Fixed. I'm all for renaming it from :​hmm​: to something else, but not :​glare​:. Oxford dictionary defines "glare" as to "stare in an angry or fierce way." https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/glare

We could name it :​fry​: (like Fry from Futurama) but that really only covers the way I use the emoji myself. Whatever the case, it's a squinting, thinking emoji.
Beako
Or we could name it after the squinting and not after the emotion it's trying to convey. How about :​andersoncooper​:?
Beako
@Spritanium

[Image: Cry_004.gif]

pls respond
rtsmarty
i think i originally called it :suspicious: but i'm too lazy to look back on mw1 to find out
Beako
(Dec 18, 2016 at 9:36 PM)rtsmarty Wrote: i think i originally called it :suspicious: but i'm too lazy to look back on mw1 to find out
Yeah it might have been called that on Old MW... I don't remember either. On New MW it was initially named :​iseewhatyoudidthere​: and I thought that was way too specific. I renamed it to :​hmm​: because I wanted it to be more broad, but I'm open to it being named something else... just not :​glare​:. Personally, I think it should be called :​fry​:, since it reminds me of this:

[Image: aNsHDEG.jpg]

Fry was indeed giving a suspicious glare in that scene, but Fry is also a goofball. Changing :​hmm​: to :​fry​: would give the emoji the ambiguity I'm seeking and it would free up :​hmm​: like Spritanium is seeking. I'm open to naming it other things too though, especially since, as I said earlier, :​fry​: would only cover the way I use the emoji myself. (Actually it kind of wouldn't. It's kind of hard to explain the way I use it but it's kind of obvious when I use it what I mean by it.)
rtsmarty
(Dec 18, 2016 at 9:36 PM)rtsmarty Wrote: i think i originally called it :suspicious: but i'm too lazy to look back on mw1 to find out
I was wrong i called it iseewhatyoudidthere so nevermind (though apparently i wasn't really sure either)
Beako
Weird... I don't remember it being called that on Old MW. Fucking Berenstain universe.
Beako
Since Spritanium has been looking at my posts without responding for days I want to clarify I'm fine with renaming :​hmm​: to something else but I don't want it to be named :​glare​: . But if I could get fired from my Emojiguru position over it, it's not the hill I wish to die on. It can be named :​glare​: if it's that serious and I won't make a peep about it.
Spritanium
Oh sorry, I just haven't responded yet because it's not that pressing of an issue for me. You can rename it to whatever, afaik as the Emojiguru you have authority over this kind of thing (with veto power from the admins)

I was basically making the suggestion to you :P
Draku
yeah emojiguru is the one in charge of the emote stuff, you can change any names you want
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Beako
Done. Hmm...'s reaction is "Hmm..." and its smiley is :​hmm​: , and :fry:'s reaction is "HMM..." and its smiley is :​fry​:. Now the OP doesn't make sense though. :P

PS: thanks for making the smileys on the full reply page 8 per row.
T-man
(Dec 18, 2016 at 11:38 PM)Puddin Wrote: Done. Hmm...'s reaction is "Hmm..." and its smiley is :​hmm​: , and :fry:'s reaction is "HMM..."
Given Upheaval being all caps these are effectively the same.
Beako
Oh whoops. I'll change it to "Hrrm..." I guess.