Those Good Sh*ts don't lie

Awesome!
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
im banning all of you
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Beako
strawpoll on the way i arrange emojis http://www.strawpoll.me/12354038

i can continue the way i do it right now or do it in a way that's more faithful to the Emoji Compass
NobodyHere
Could we get a 'Sips coffee' or 'Cheers' emote?
Oh hai thare.
Beako
New Layout Mockup:

[Image: thhpvr.png]

It'll have to wait until tomorrow to apply it; I'm busy tonight.

Usually I'd just do it without any input but if you're wanting to give input now's your chance. Keep in mind it's more delicate and complicated than it looks (for the most useless feature on the forum, arranging the smileys) and asking to move one smiley can create an avalanche of bullshit.

The Smileys after Empty are staying alone, aside from the one Yoshin asked to ax. At least until we're at a new row of smileys; then they'll be shuffled in, with Empty leading the new line. Oh and Geimu! Geimu! Geimu! is gone too now because now we have WIDE
Pea
hello, i am the newly appointed emojiguru. my goal is to make the emoji panel a great one to use and to look at, mainly sorting every emoji based on its reaction type, and how meta they are. the more generic emojis are very important to convey emotion, as the meta emojis are there to bring some OOMPH to a post or reaction, so all emojis are important to consider, no matter how silly they can be.

i am willing to listen to y'all for suggestions and possible additions to the roster. emotion is key to a lively world - our minus world.

as for a question for all of you: what do you guys think about "gotta blast"? i personally love this one. the main reason it's been removed is because yaranaika (Yaranaika) is too similar. understandable! yaranaika is a popular, somewhat respected meme in the japanese world, whereas gotta blast is more of an emotion than a meta emoji. should we re-add it? should we replace yaranaika?
Two_Finger
I think both should be available to use tbh
Pedigree
You seem to have some free space so why not double up on such an emoji if they both have a unique look?
Pea
and it is done! i had an image prepared but it was a mess, go look at it yourself.

order was the big emphasis here, and i think i've done a good job at it. i've seperated the emojis in categories:
  • happy emojis, for when a post brightens your day, or you want to make the poster happy about what they've done;
  • agreement or disagreement, for when you have to question someone's knowledge of the inconsistencies between the harry potter movies and the books they're based on;
  • laugh emojis, depending on how far your sides have left your body;
  • smug emojis, because your shit eating grin isn't enough;
  • thumbs emojis, for encouraging someone's posting habits or for executing someone in the arena;
  • surprise emojis, in which you got shymalan'd or maybe you found out that water is wet;
  • negative/anger emojis, i'm gonna stay away from you cause your edge might cut my life into pieces this is my last resort
  • sad emojis, :(

and so on. the meta/meme emojis are at the bottom, and the more emotional ones are at the top. now you can easily find yourself in this extensive list without having to double-triple-quadruple-sextuple check the list all the time!

enjoy.

P.S: smug emoji is too unique to be in its self-named category, he just works like that.
Pedigree
Good Sh*t
T-man
need a cat emoji to round out the roster

even though it'll never ever be used
Draku
(May 2, 2017 at 3:17 AM)T-man Wrote: need a cat emoji to round out the roster

someone dig up those cat emotes mw1.0 was using for a while and trace one of them as an svg.
Yoshin
(May 2, 2017 at 3:23 AM)Draku Wrote:
(May 2, 2017 at 3:17 AM)T-man Wrote: need a cat emoji to round out the roster

someone dig up those cat emotes mw1.0 was using for a while and trace one of them as an svg.

You mean these?
Draku
yes
fucker5
I think we should have an emoji of a guy reading a book or something as an "informative" reaction. The reaction system rewards making funny jokes or shocking people but not being helpful/knowledgable
Pedigree
Nerd
Draku
(May 12, 2017 at 1:32 AM)Pedigree Wrote: Nerd
that has negative connotations
T-man
(May 12, 2017 at 1:32 AM)Draku Wrote:
(May 12, 2017 at 1:32 AM)Pedigree Wrote: Nerd
that has negative connotations

Nuh-uh!
fucker5