Watch Kizumonogatari. That's all this thread is saying.
geno7
the monogatari series has always been really intriguing to me. a few people i know like it, and i've been meaning to watch it for a while. all i really know about it is the animation budget is ridiculously high and its got a naked six year old in it for some reason
[Image: fsMwICg.gif]
People like to call it a deconstruction of the harem genre which I wouldn't exactly disagree with but it's only one aspect of the show.

Namely if you've seen a lot of anime(lots of references/jokes), are a fan of witty/clever dialouge and great animation you really owe it to yourself to check it out

But specifically Kizu because it might be one of the most beautifually animated things i've seen in my life. and hanekawa
just gonna dedicate this post and say hanekawa is best girl. it used to be crab. now its hanekawa. theyre both crazy bitches but its ok
Draku
(Dec 30, 2016 at 3:37 PM)Greeno Wrote: all i really know about it is the animation budget is ridiculously high
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Draku
(Dec 30, 2016 at 9:08 PM)zelma Wrote: just gonna dedicate this post and say hanekawa is best girl. it used to be crab. now its hanekawa. theyre both crazy bitches but its ok
Hanekawa's interactions with Araragi in Kizu are great, it's a fucking shame that things turn out like they do chronologically later in the series
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yoshin
(Dec 30, 2016 at 3:37 PM)Greeno Wrote: all i really know about it is the animation budget is ridiculously high

>high animation budget

>almost no flowing animation as its all talking

Even when there is animation we get awkward shit like this:
Draku
third film is out.

god damn it was funny to see some of those scenes in a theater. especially since some dad had brought his kids in

good sh*t for the most part
Aidan
i watched bakemonogatari and it was...... ok
can i just watch this one
also is shinobu in it
Draku
(Apr 10, 2017 at 4:25 PM)BlasterMaster Wrote: i watched bakemonogatari and it was...... ok
can i just watch this one
also is shinobu in it
Yeah, this is actually what the author originally intended to be read after Bakemonogatari. It's the prequel to it, and Shinobu's background with Araragi is the main focus.