Puddin mentioned you in "you all destroyed my mind forever i hope you're happy".

Mario
Hmm...
Two_Finger
tfw not mentioned
I guess it;s a good one
Mario
I guess that new years resolution is cancelled
rtsmarty
maybe it was a draft post he made specifically to send an alert to people
Shedinja

>tfw not mentioned

mixed feels tbh
[Image: vI6LrbC.gif]
T-man
pretty interesting thread

shame you guys can't see it
Mario
I'm glad the thread was deleted, I don't think it'd live up to the title showing up in my notifications and the link going nowhere tbh
Beako
yeah it was filled with posts like that directed at various members i was pissed at because i got bad news IRL and drunkedly took it out on the forum
Beako
the bad news i got IRL had nothing to do with MWers destroying my
mind; i'm just a retard Grin
Fun With Despair
blame gato, as always
You missed nothing of importance; just more confirmation that the only thing you can really say for sure about Mason is he's legitimately crazy and probably not fun to be around drunk
Fun With Despair
(Jan 4, 2017 at 8:28 PM)zelma Wrote: You missed nothing of importance; just more confirmation that the only thing you can really say for sure about Mason is he's legitimately crazy and probably not fun to be around drunk
actually drunk mason isn't too bad tbh crazy or not

normal mason is probably worse no offense
Spritanium
Puddin is trying really hard to get warned for using slurs, but I find it so refreshing. It's nice to see people still realize you can use words like "retard" and "faggot" as general-use insults without referring to marginalized groups. I've used both of those words countless times throughout my life and I've never once been talking about an actual person who is mentally disabled or gay (respectively)

If you try to turn words into "no-no words" then it just strengthens them, because the people who are actually whatever-ist will continue using the words while average people struggle to come up with replacement terms which will themselves become offensive in 20 years

If you redefine the words they lose their specific power after awhile
[Image: supercorrect.png]
kaZaam
(Jan 4, 2017 at 8:31 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Puddin is trying really hard to get warned for using slurs, but I find it so refreshing. It's nice to see people still realize you can use words like "retard" and "faggot" as general-use insults without referring to marginalized groups. I've used both of those words countless times throughout my life and I've never once been talking about an actual person who is mentally disabled or gay (respectively)

If you try to turn words into "no-no words" then it just strengthens them, because the people who are actually whatever-ist will continue using the words while average people struggle to come up with replacement terms which will themselves become offensive in 20 years

i'd almost buy this if places on the internet where slurs aren't discouraged weren't constantly trying to enforce their meaning as a slur. this just seems like an excuse

not sure why some of you are just hankerin to say the n/f/r word on a mario forum anyway
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Beako
"yeah fuck having a fuffilling life, health, and love

just let me use slurs on mario forums and my life will be complete" said no one ever
Spritanium
I don't want to use the n-word, it doesn't have a place in our vernacular as a generic insult like the other examples do
kaZaam
that wasnt my point
(Jan 4, 2017 at 8:46 PM)Kazaam Wrote:
(Jan 4, 2017 at 8:31 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Puddin is trying really hard to get warned for using slurs, but I find it so refreshing. It's nice to see people still realize you can use words like "retard" and "faggot" as general-use insults without referring to marginalized groups. I've used both of those words countless times throughout my life and I've never once been talking about an actual person who is mentally disabled or gay (respectively)

i'd almost buy this if places on the internet where slurs aren't discouraged weren't constantly trying to enforce their meaning as a slur. this just seems like an excuse

not sure why some of you are just hankerin to say the n word on a mario forum anyway

I haven't seen the word used by anyone except me and gato. and gato is hispanic and a cucklord so it's justifiable by that right.
kaZaam
that wasnt my pont
Spritanium
Some words have synonyms

If you turn "faggot" into an evil word that can never be said ever, then it never STOPS referring to LGBT people and it keeps being painful forever

Whereas if you redefine the word, it's uncomfortable at first but within a few years you've stripped it of its hateful meaning