Have we matured beyond the need for anti-flaming rules?

Spritanium
Recently I've seen some posts where people get really raw and call each other some nasty things, without being hidden, warned, or banned. This is great, and I'm not being sarcastic. The more accepting we are of vitriol, the more open we become. Nobody should ever be afraid to post what they're thinking through fear of being banned.

I for one can handle being called an "insufferable prick" without batting an eye. We need these types of criticisms from time to time to ensure that everything is on the table and we can all better ourselves.

Really the only type of anti-flame rule we need should be "don't directly refer to somebody using a slur", I mean even if someone is actually racist/sexist/whatever and wants to make that [vague] opinion known, they shouldn't be penalized by the staff. They should be penalized by other users ripping them a new one through the use of Spells.

+1 for unfiltered MW
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Fun With Despair
get rid of it, we don't need it you idiot
Yes; I support this

That way I can call people out when they're being bitches and they can do the same to me.
Beako
LOL
Agastya
i am all for it. it makes the beef more tender
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
T-man
Puddin probably wouldn't last.

Probably being he'd be the one throwing molten hot shade at everyone who busted his balls for deleting posts.
kaZaam
ehhhhhhh idk. im not sure what calling eachother names has to do with maturity
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Spritanium
How you respond is what determines your maturity, if you can take it and accept that not everything people say is nice, I feel that makes you more mature than someone who just loses it
kaZaam
sure but why are we trying to coddle people who namecall itfp if this is about maturity
Beako
(Jan 4, 2017 at 8:47 PM)T-man Wrote: Puddin probably wouldn't last.

Probably being he'd be the one throwing molten hot shade at everyone who busted his balls for deleting posts.
no i'd throw molten hot shade at people who think i'm mad at people for busting my balls for deleting posts Mad :P
Spritanium
@kaZaam i don't get what you mean. My whole idea is to stop coddling people. The mods already don't take action against insult posts, and nobody seems to be that bothered by them, so they shouldn't be condemned in the rules
kaZaam
idt they should be encouraged which is kinda what it seems like this will do
Keep this discussion going because id like to participate when im not high
T-man
After thinking on this some, I can definitely say that I appreciate how 'lax everyone has been but I don't know if the rules need to be updated to remove anti-flame stuff. The stuff people are fine with will continue to go unreported and things that are more problematic will be brought to our attention.
Beako
flaming people always seems like a roll of the dice. it's annoying though when i say something that's clearly not a flame and people actually get angry and try to get the mods involved. (not referring to the shit from last night; the shit from last night was me just embarrassing myself. i'm talking about past stuff.) intent is kind of impossible to know (especially on the internet) i get that but i don't think there's ever going to be a way to enforce fluid social interactions effectively on any forum on the internet anywhere. i do think the way it's currently worded in the rules is bullshit with ~lel if the person is offended that's when you get in trouble~ fine i'm offended by everything anyone's ever said about me, ban everyone on mw except me!! of fucking course not, that's ridiculous. all i'm trying to say is a person's intent should be taken with equal value as the person who gets flamed or w/e in regarding decisions like that. i seriously dont think people pointing out me deleting posts is a big deal, we can all have little jabs at each other without anyone making a big deal about it i guess what just annoys me sometimes is that double standards are all over the place. it's like every single on mw secretly has their own set of rules that are applied to them or something it's weird. i mean i guess it's good because like i said you can't enforce fluid social dynamics on paper but at the same time if someone sees someone get away with something and then gets in trouble for repeating it they're gonna get pissed.
Draku
@people thinking handling of posts that attack members is inconsistent: you have to report it first for us to do stuff about it, if you don't care then it won't be taken care of because as far as we know, it doesn't bother you
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
kaZaam
(Jan 4, 2017 at 11:04 PM)Draku Wrote: @people thinking handling of posts that attack members is inconsistent: you have to report it first for us to do stuff about it, if you don't care then it won't be taken care of because as far as we know, it doesn't bother you

ya ik i was more in favor of a system like this itfp. was just bullshitting
Two_Finger
I think the rules are fine where they're at
just cause noones getting reported doesn't mean the rules should become more lax
fucker5
I don't think it's a good idea I think removing it would actually encourage people to be douches to each other and we don't need that. Even if the rule isn't always enforced its presence should serve as a reminder as "Hey it's not cool to be that way"
T-man
Very well said.