Spritanium
The Seer Stone has been kind of a controversial item, since it allows users to reveal who was behind the reactions/good sh*ts on a post of their choice (provided they made the post). I've seen claims that this hurts the effectiveness of anonymous reactions, and I can't really argue with that. In response to the controversy we've made the Seer Stone incredibly rare in item drops, but that's just a band-aid solution. Here are some ideas I have to make it better:

1. Implement a cloak item that allows you to leave permanently anonymous reactions and Spells (can't remember who came up with this idea but it wasn't me)

2. Make the Seer Stone only reveal reactions to the user who made the post

3. Rather than just a tooltip with a comma-separated list of names, make the Seer Stone an actual draggable stone that you have to pass over the reactions/good sh*t button, through which you can just slightly make out a grid of avatars. We technically aren't revealing any less information, but it makes it more fun to discover + less cheap altogether.

Thoughts?
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
I like my idea of only being able to hold one at a time. Also the names only being visible to the user of the stone, surprised it wasn't that way from the start.
Spritanium
Point 3 is the most important for me, right now the item is missing any sort of whimsy. It feels more like a hack than an effect
[Image: supercorrect.png]
kaZaam
(Jan 6, 2017 at 4:21 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Implement a cloak item that allows you to leave permanently anonymous reactions and Spells (can't remember who came up with this idea but it wasn't me)

fwd is gonna pretend it was him but someone else had an idea for a guy fawkes mask item that did the same thing a couple months back and i like that idea a lot better. i think someone even drew an icon for it

other than that this just seems like more bandaids tbh. i like the tension the seer stones add to the meta and idk why we need to coddle passive-aggressiveness any more than we already would with the mask
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Draku
a counter-item like a cloak or guy fawkes mask is the best solution.

i like the way it works right now, revealing them entirely publicly is hilarious

moreso if you do get countered by the anonymity item and everyone gets to see that you did
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Shedinja
make it look like the philosopher's stone
[Image: vI6LrbC.gif]
kaZaam
(Jan 6, 2017 at 8:33 PM)Pedigree Wrote: I guess I just don't see the value of anonymous reactions.

It's a fucking smileyface, your life's not going to be over if someone sees you reacted with Grin to someone's grandmama passing away (though you should probably feel guilty for being a dick in the first place).

it doesnt give the best impression of this community youre honest enough with to tell abt your dead grandma or whatever. what would be the point of reactions if theyre supposed to be used so disingenuously anyway
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]