Stirling
lots of decent fangames for blue bomber, so i think it is fair to say for the classic series you've

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (play the jp famicon remake), 8 (ditto), 9, 10, I, II, III, IV, V, super fightan' robutt, eternal, unlimited, rock force, dongs (maybe i haven't played), revolution (remake in the works), -4∞ (it is a hack)

any other good megaman games or hacks? other series are way less fleshed out obviously, but the first 3 x games are good, all the zero and zx are good, and bn and star force are different enough that i've never played them
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Two_Finger
I've been meaning to play most of these, need to get around to it
Draku
(Jun 10, 2016 at 5:28 AM)StirlADrei Wrote: bn and star force are different enough that i've never played them
Please go and play them, BN1 can be skipped due to lacking a lot of QoL that came later but the rest are fucking amazing. Some of the best RPGs ever made and have a super unique and great battle system. Star Force is like BN but with a more aggressive battle system and it's cool too.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Stirling
yeah i need to but there are so many rpgs i've missed out on that i've just let the pile get bigger every year

Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
fucker5
I thought Nezumiman was cute
Mario
[deleted]
Doctor Lurker
Megaman 1 through 3 are my favorites of the originals.
X is the only X I could play and still enjoy. I played X4 but the goofy voice acting just wasn't my thing.
Megaman Legends was ~alright~ but I could easily live without it. I did spend way too long playing it when I was in middle school, though. Had to max everything out, you understand.
First Zero is great, but I couldn't get into any of the later ones. Couldn't get into ANY of the ZX games.
Battle Network, in general, was a great series, though. I found myself playing quite a few of them, with most of my efforts put into 4: Blue Moon since that's the only physical copy I ever actually owned (borrowed or emulated the rest).
Star Force 1 was also pretty good. Never got into the later ones because I started playing some MMOs and Monster Hunter around that time, but the first one sucked up quite a bit of my time when I was younger.

It's not that I don't doubt there are plenty of great fangames for Megaman out there, it's just that the series feels so stale once you get beyond the first few games in it. They try their best to innovate (as seen with Legends and that Gamecube RPG), but it just never quite feels right, to me. I doubt any fangame, hack, or Chinese ripoff can really breathe any amount of life into the series that Capcom didn't already attempt.
Aidan
i have a soft spot for X8

it's not very good, in fact it has two 3D jet bike stages that are pretty horrible, but it controls nice and the three playable characters are all fun to use
it's also very short and easy so it's not a huge time investment
T-man
The only Mega Man game I've ever played was Maverick Hunter X and I thought it was pretty good.
What other games in the series should I check out?
Stirling
if you liked the mechanics of x, try x3 and x4

zero is the harder, natural progression of the x series, with zx following it

the classic 1-5, 9, and 10 are good

everything else is spin-off, not as good (but still good), or not a platformer

Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Draku
The Zero series games are the pinnacle of the sidescrollers, I don't like any of the other entries nearly as much as those. Zero 3 especially, Zero 2 would be god tier if it wasn't for the horrible levelling system persisting. ZX isn't as good as the Zero series but it definitely tries.

Classic Megaman is good enough but the only one I ever super got into was Powered Up. I like Megaman 8 and MM&B despite them not being too popular with most but I see why at least 8 draws some ire. Fucking JUMP JUMP, SLIDE SLIDE. X would be far superior but only the first couple manage to avoid being absolute trash for some reason, thankfully Zero took the mechanical ideas and made them even better.

Battle Network is still the best thing to come out of the franchise, though.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]