Interview with the director of the Super Mario Bros movie

Spritanium
Quote:
SciFiNow:
How did Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo end up being casted as Mario and Luigi?
Rocky Morton:
Well, Danny De Vito turned us down

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/interviews/sup...xperience/
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
[deleted]
Spritanium
(Jun 11, 2016 at 8:40 PM)wtl Wrote: does that >imply that danny devito was going to play both mario and luigi

If that had happened I think the movie would've been a box office smash and started an entire movie franchise

Even with the script unaltered
Mario
[deleted]
Spritanium
(Jun 11, 2016 at 8:49 PM)wtl Wrote: i like to think of it how the original game series is, with luigi just being a mario recolor and then suddently becoming a differnet character. the first movie would literally be danny devito in red and green and we're supposed to believe they're separate people, and then inexplicably in later films luigi is played by a separate actor

In the first one it's just devito, then in the sequel Luigi is played by John Leguizamo and they just say he lost some weight

Speaking of which, I never thought of it before, but I wonder if that guy got the role just because the first half of his last name looks kind of like "Luigi"
Beako
(Jun 11, 2016 at 8:49 PM)Super🖕🏼Mario Wrote: i like to think of it how the original game series is, with luigi just being a mario recolor and then suddently becoming a differnet character. the first movie would literally be danny devito in red and green and we're supposed to believe they're separate people, and then inexplicably in later films luigi is played by a separate actor

this is ingenious
kaZaam
well duh its kesha
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Nabber
(Jun 11, 2016 at 8:49 PM)Super🖕🏼Mario Wrote: i like to think of it how the original game series is, with luigi just being a mario recolor and then suddently becoming a differnet character. the first movie would literally be danny devito in red and green and we're supposed to believe they're separate people, and then inexplicably in later films luigi is played by a separate actor
arnold schwarzenneger as luigi?