Fun With Despair
"games you regret playing" can mean fucking anything

i want to know the most balls-out, completely horrible pile of shit you've ever played.
T-man
(Jan 10, 2017 at 7:09 AM)Pedigree Wrote: Telltale Games - Back to the Future
I don't know if it's the worst, but it's definitely the most forgettable game in their stable

One thing can be said for it though, in the 30th Anniversary edition (aka next gen version) of the game they got the real Biff to reprise his role.
Spritanium
I haven't played that game but the thing that bothers me is how weird the art is. LIke if you're trying to make a follow up to Back to the Future and you actually have Christopher Lloyd, why make it look like a CG version of the cartoon that already existed? What a waste.

Telltale's graphics in general are really weird. I just finished their Batman series and it was a lot of fun, and I liked the attempt at comic-like graphics, but most of the time you can 100% tell you're looking at a 3D model. They don't really go for any sort of consistency with the line weights. The animations are so stiff and the character expressions are so exaggerated. Still a nice game and I hope they tackle some of these issues for the second season.

Whoa I guess I sorta missed the point of this thread. It's hard to pick a Worst Game I've Ever Played because I've played a ton of shovelware, and one of those shitty games would probably qualify, but I don't remember anything about them. The worst game from a reputable series that I've ever played was Pokemon Dash. It's a generic racing game with pretty much the worst controls you could imagine.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Rapidkirby3k
Superman for Nintendo 64, hands down.
[Image: 45Yrb9j.png]
Fun With Despair
(Jan 10, 2017 at 4:41 PM)Rapidkirby3k Wrote: Superman for Nintendo 64, hands down.
you know I never owned this one as a kid because I never liked superman much but I played it as an adult and I feel like a lot of the claims are grossly exaggerated.

like really? THAT'S the worst game ever? a shitty version of spyro's Speedway levels with far better (but still mediocre) ground levels?

Everything made by data design interactive is a billion fucking times worse.
Rapidkirby3k
(Jan 10, 2017 at 8:38 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote:
(Jan 10, 2017 at 4:41 PM)Rapidkirby3k Wrote: Superman for Nintendo 64, hands down.
you know I never owned this one as a kid because I never liked superman much but I played it as an adult and I feel like a lot of the claims are grossly exaggerated.

like really? THAT'S the worst game ever? a shitty version of spyro's Speedway levels with far better (but still mediocre) ground levels?

Everything made by data design interactive is a billion fucking times worse.

I rented it only once, didn't like it one bit.
[Image: 45Yrb9j.png]
HylianDev
I had Superman 64 as a kid and it was really disappointing. Though I realized after I revisited it that it is actually playable.

Worst game? Trigger Man on PS2? Cutscenes were just paragraph-long text boxes. They didn't type out; they were just full when they appeared and you pressed X to make them go away. It was like playing an SNES game. Sound effects were N64 quality.

I seem to recall the underside of the disc being dark, like PS1 games were. I might be misremembering.
Syaxamaphone
I don't know if I have a single worst game. I used to play a lot of really bad NES and SNES games for fun as a teenager so I've seen a lot of shit.

I guess maybe Mighty No 9. At least those shoddy NES/SNES games weren't 4 million dollars bad.

EDIT: Oh yeah also fuck Wings of Vi. I hate that game a lot.
[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
Spritanium
OH I THOUGHT OF ONE

Sonic and the Secret Rings.

It's like they tried to bring back Sonic R (already a bad game) but make it aladdin themed, and also completely ruin the controls

Like I don't know if you've played this game but I can't stress how bad the controls are. You hold the wiimote like you're playing fucking Mario Kart, and you wave your magic wand around like an idiot trying to get Sonic to follow a simple linear path. I'm pretty sure I never made it past the first couple of levels before the game found its way onto ebay
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Vertette
I once got Sonic Boom for Wii U as a joke gift.

It blew pretty hard.
HylianDev
(Jan 11, 2017 at 4:15 PM)Spritanium Wrote: OH I THOUGHT OF ONE

Sonic and the Secret Rings.

It's like they tried to bring back Sonic R (already a bad game) but make it aladdin themed, and also completely ruin the controls

Like I don't know if you've played this game but I can't stress how bad the controls are. You hold the wiimote like you're playing fucking Mario Kart, and you wave your magic wand around like an idiot trying to get Sonic to follow a simple linear path. I'm pretty sure I never made it past the first couple of levels before the game found its way onto ebay

Yeah this game is... really fucking bad. It could've been at least alright/okay if the controls weren't unusable.
friendly dictator!
i honestly liked black knight though

it's not good but its super goofy and it also has great music

anyways the worst game ive ever played is super mario dynamo
[Image: zJgkrUE.png]
Fun With Despair
(Jan 11, 2017 at 3:45 PM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: I don't know if I have a single worst game. I used to play a lot of really bad NES and SNES games for fun as a teenager so I've seen a lot of shit.

I guess maybe Mighty No 9. At least those shoddy NES/SNES games weren't 4 million dollars bad.

EDIT: Oh yeah also fuck Wings of Vi. I hate that game a lot.
Wings of Vi is a pretty objectively good game, it's just hard as balls
Vertette
(Jan 11, 2017 at 8:54 PM)Sombra Wrote: oh god

I'm sorry for your loss

Luckily I haven't had the pleasure of touching anything Sonic Boom.
don't cry for me, I'm already dead
Revolver Ocelot
I could just say Metroid: Other M like I do every other time a topic like this comes 'round, but it plays relatively well. I certainly "regret" playing it but that's explicitly not the topic

I think the original Legacy of Goku takes the cake for me. Slow, plodding, nonsensical, why the hell am I killing squirrels to level up in order to defeat Raditz, why is the hit detection so awful, why do I sometimes take no damage but then take half a health-bar from the next exactly-the-same attack, what is this game. The only way I could beat it as a kid was by abusing an invincibility glitch.

The only good thing that came out of it is that it actually sold well enough to get a sequel, which was actually superb.

I'd probably pay money for an HD remake of the whole trilogy, as long as they did the first game from the ground up using the engine from the next games.
You're pretty good.