720p
69.23%
1080p
7.69%
12.5p camrip youtube upload
15.38%
Total: 13 vote(s)
Syaxamaphone
What is your preferred aspect ratio, Minus World?
[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
Yrrzy
i just stream shit :T
Draku
nyaa
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Two_Finger
I almost exclusively watch stuff while it's airing so 1080p is out of the question as it's just an upscale 100% of the time
720p releases are sometimes also upscales, like of those short 3 min web series
so yeah 720 mostly for me, unless the bluerays are out then I'll try to find a good 1080 encode
Draku
LOL the poll wasn't there when i first viewed the thread

720, 1080 is almost always upscales and i like to multitask while watching (even though i have two monitors its easier to do with a 720 window than with a fullscreened constantly deal)
Two_Finger
well as for how I download my anime
I just have my torrent program pull the HS rss feed on nyaa, don't even visit the site unless I miss something
Yoshin
rss for shows that are currently airing, bakabt for completed but long shows(more then 2 seasons)
catnoise.sweden for anything else
Draku
rss is for lazy people, you have to get your exercise!
kaZaam
only anime i hav on my computer is cowbop and its in uncompressed 720 n looks better than most 1080 rips i have. dont c much reason to go higher
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Vertette
I'm stuck with crap internet so I just go with whatever works at the moment
Demonlemon
360p is my preference, unless I want to take screenshots then I up it to max
If life gives you lemons... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!
[Image: nYwGTpS.png] [Image: 3fIS5XJ.gif]
Reference Humanoid reference Photobucket has sold out, so just take my word
on it that I have every pic anyone ever made for me, lovingly saved on 3 separate
harddrives
streaming.
if i like how the show looks that much; 720p
never 1080p.
vhs and camrips exclusively for anything eva related
T-man
i stream near exclusively, i have a bunch of shit downloaded to have on loop for bedtime though

streaming is just so much better, i mean how many times are you gonna watch the entirety of an anime
Draku
(Jan 15, 2017 at 9:49 PM)T-man Wrote: i stream near exclusively, i have a bunch of shit downloaded to have on loop for bedtime though

streaming is just so much better, i mean how many times are you gonna watch the entirety of an anime
torrenting is fast, you don't have to go to any weird sites for it, and you can download an anime preemptively and blast through it with no bullshit when you do want to watch it. nothing like the streaming site being down or buffer times.

also quality.
Yoshin
Quality yes also if your internet is complete shit like mine 720 will download relatively quickly no matter what, whereas 1080+ can take ages. Also there's no way in hell I would be able to stream when this shit is happening:
[Image: V0739uB.png]
most streaming sites have a ddl option anyway so if the quality is noticeably bad you can just watch it in higher quality on your actual comp.

but it depends on what shows you're watching too i feel like. if you're watching old 70s-90s toei shows quality doesnt matter as much as it would if you were watching say a shinkai film, ghibil you get the idea.
basically if kissanime didn't exist i would still be torrenting everything
sealelement
I bought a pirated evangelion DVD at an anime convention in 2010 and I'm still just watching it over and over, but I used a camcorder to record the episodes, and then I use sony vegas to overlay jpegs of anime characters I find on the internet, and pretend that it's a whole new show. It works out pretty well; Yukiho is the best K-ON because she ripped the S2 engine out of Kamina and ate it
100% pure gamer 100%