[VOID] Patchturday: The Xgoff Xploit has been Xtinguished

Mario
(Jan 15, 2017 at 7:54 AM)Agastya EX Wrote: basically a lot of stuff goes into administration and there's no "best" way to go about it because we're mostly all weak humans

except me. i am a strong human

Agastya EX for wizard admin 2017
Agastya
(Jan 15, 2017 at 7:55 AM)Super Mario Wrote:
(Jan 15, 2017 at 7:54 AM)Agastya EX Wrote: basically a lot of stuff goes into administration and there's no "best" way to go about it because we're mostly all weak humans

except me. i am a strong human

Agastya EX for wizard admin 2017

i've clawed my way to a position of power in almost every community i've been a part of so far so it'd only make sense to continue the trend Thumbs Up
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Mario
same lol
Fun With Despair
idk I tried to join through my email and it said I needed an invite so I don't even know

tried registered with [email protected] and it was fucking pointless
Mario
yeah I checked and unfortunately it doesn't look like there's any way to do an invite link with slack (boo).
there is however, open registration but unfortunately you have to restrict it by email domain? It's kind of weird

there's plenty of slack alternatives around these days though and I'm sure at least one of them could fit our needs... but before I look into that I figure we should flesh out the seers council or decide if we just want open development in general. either is fine, i just dont want to put effort into something that we might not use
Mario
(Jan 15, 2017 at 7:57 AM)Fun With Despair Wrote: idk I tried to join through my email and it said I needed an invite so I don't even know

tried registered with [email protected] and it was fucking pointless

I sent you an invite, I'll invite anyone else too if you message me your email
Mario
there was a thread with all the stuff we use for development but idk what happened to it. i think it got unstickied at some point cuz we have too many damn sticky threads, we should probably find a good place to put it
Uniju
(Jan 14, 2017 at 11:09 PM)Gabe Newell Wrote: Whoa there, friend. I think everyone "appreciates" getting copious amounts of free EX to some extent, but I think you'll agree that no game is fun without a challenge!
i don't want to have fun i want to have exp
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.
Agastya
i still think you should set up groundwork for Seers Council subforum first before you do anything else, because taking unneeded steps complicates matters too much and it frustrates everyone involved

the short-term goal should be deciding who goes onto The Council and then afterwards you can set up the chat mediums etc so you can bounce ideas back and forth super fast
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Mario
(Jan 15, 2017 at 8:05 AM)Agastya EX Wrote: i still think you should set up groundwork for Seers Council subforum first before you do anything else, because taking unneeded steps complicates matters too much and it frustrates everyone involved

the short-term goal should be deciding who goes onto The Council and then afterwards you can set up the chat mediums etc so you can bounce ideas back and forth super fast

yeah i agree
Agastya
like i got lots of respect for spritey for even humoring doing work developing this Sin Den for us but it'll be easier on everyone involved if he doesnt have to spend time working on coding things people don't actually care about

itll just be nicer all around

of course once we have The Council set up we have to remember to not actually rush him over it, thats a really easy pitfall to just trip into

basically it should just be a way to have priorities set that has both administrative+player perspectives in mind so theres a better of an idea on what needs to go first
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Draku
i hate the idea of a council, i'd much prefer this sort of thing have input from everyone possible. if everyone could be in the slack or something similar that would be an ideal.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
Yeah a council really just presents the same issue, people who aren't in the council will feel like they aren't being given enough influence

I think what we do works for the most part, though we do need to put more thought into certain things before rolling them out.

Rather than a council I think what works best is for regular members to join the slack if and when they feel like they want more influence regarding decisions like this. When a good idea is agreed upon in slack, and isn't something totally mundane like a style change, a thread can additionally be created on MW itself to see how people feel about it.

Regarding stuff that shouldn't be discussed on MW itself due to the risk of spoiling a surprise (new spells, new items, etc), we still need at least one or two regular + opinionated users to tell us when we're doing something dumb. People like @kaZaam and whatever username SP has right now might be interested in this. Basically it takes the council idea and makes it more volunteer based, whoever wants to be more involved can be.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Agastya
i dislike using more chat platforms than i already have to so using slack instead of something like irc or discord is already prohibitive to me, im sure people could say the same thing about discord or irc as well

before mw i didnt even know what slack was or that it even existed

like this is just a personal nitpick and im sure with people like fwd and kazaam being added youll be getting much more valuable realtime input but if we're gonna move forward with having slack to bounce ideas back and forth and then checking community feedback with the organized overview of things then Just Right
Agastya
also youll always have me to give input after the damage has been done due to my backwards sleeping patterns
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Mario
im going to investigate other options; id like something with open registration and possibly irc interoperability so the irc cabal can join in if they want. IRC and Discord aren't bad but Slack makes it really easy to share code snippets and such; and we use it enough where I wouldn't want to go without it
Agastya
just connect slack and irc with a minecraft server for that authentic 2012 experience
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Draku
i feel like slack naturally lends itself to being used entirely for actual working on mw purposes rather than devolving into a normal chat, so i kinda don't want to use irc or discord for the same purpose.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
rtsmarty
(Jan 15, 2017 at 8:02 AM)Super Mario Wrote: there was a thread with all the stuff we use for development but idk what happened to it. i think it got unstickied at some point cuz we have too many damn sticky threads, we should probably find a good place to put it

https://minus.world/showthread.php?tid=3
Yrrzy
what a thread

seems like just another "people arent playing how i want them to so im going to pull No Fun Allowed on em"

Thread Tags

update patch