HylianDev
Cool community, well-made site.

Spells are so fucking stupid though. No offense I guess but I don't like scrolling down only for it to keep scrolling me up and make me Good Sh*t! a post that I don't wanna Good Sh*t!

ESPECIALLY when it's already one of the slowest sites I've ever used on my phone. Perhaps consider an upgrade to the Potato Model server.

Also the spells that hide the post behind splattered shit are stupid because it takes way too long to wipe it away

I'm having fun though
Agastya
https://minus.world/spells.php?action=settings
BIRDS ACTIVATED
๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ
HylianDev
(Jan 17, 2017 at 6:57 PM)Agastya ๐Ÿ… Wrote: https://minus.world/spells.php?action=settings

> this boss is too hard

> go to Settings -> Bosses to turn him off

jk that's actually a really cool feature
Agastya
(Jan 17, 2017 at 6:59 PM)HylianDev Wrote: > this boss is too hard

> go to Settings -> Bosses to turn him off

[Image: gnvTQ1P.png]
BIRDS ACTIVATED
๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ
Yrrzy
have complained about spells inhibiting usability a lot but apparently that's just how humor is done these days
Agastya
oops! is a bit of a weird thing though, it's either too easy to clean up and doesn't have its intended effect or its too difficult to clean up

maybe it should be easier to clean up for people that can't permanently clean it up just so they can read posts
BIRDS ACTIVATED
rtsmarty
(Jan 17, 2017 at 6:55 PM)HylianDev Wrote: well-made site

hey thanks
Spritanium
We need to just stick a big red banner at the top of every page that says "This is not a normal forum. Do not post here if you'll be upset by your posts being messed with, or by being unable to view every post uninhibited."

I could drag out the Hey Arnold baseball field metaphor, or reiterate that inhibiting usability is part of the challenge of what is a game moreso than a forum, but I feel like a broken record by this point. I actually wish we could remove the "disable spells" option, because spells are the lifeblood of Minus World. I like to have as much activity as possible but it's really puzzling why anyone would opt to stay on a site that is fundamentally un-fun to them. Not telling anyone to leave, just saying it's confusing.
Spritanium
I've been developing websites to some extent for 9 years, I know what the standards are, I know the best practices. I know about usability and accessibility. People tell me about "problems" with spells as if I don't understand that certain ones inhibit usability, but it's an experiment; it's intentional. No other site has done this before, and it's not for everybody. But threads like this are pointless because salty spells will be removed from MW over my dead body.

And it's not all just about humor either, it's about highs and lows. It's about a spectrum of human feelings, and being able to express those feelings while making other people listen to you. If someone doesn't like a post of mine, not only can they tell me so without the need for words, they can also affect how other users see my post as well. This amount of influence from regular members is unprecedented. And if you disagree, I challenge you to put a big black ink splat over this post. And you can! And it'll feel great!

I really do think people who don't get a smile on their face when they receive a salty spell are missing the point. You're playing a game disguised as a forum; you shouldn't be upset when someone gets a punch in.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
HylianDev
Hey if that's what you want MW to be like, if that's the vision, awesome. Mission accomplished, I applaud your vision.

Especially since it invalidates all of your criticism of MFGG3 lmao
Yrrzy
Spell Idea: literally install malware on the recipients computer
Agastya
(Jan 17, 2017 at 7:35 PM)Yrr Wrote: Spell Idea: literally install malware on the recipients computer

it'll be implemented with Present For You
BIRDS ACTIVATED
Spritanium
@HylianDev How so
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Agastya
honestly i enjoy that people can turn off spells if they want. it gives them a degree of customization over their experience, but it kills a lot of the flavor and personality

while it's true that it's not a game if you can't lose, that's why a lot of games have difficulty levels. its just basically impossible to have sliding scale of difficulty levels for something like mw because if you have an option for how much ink you wipe away then everyone's gonna choose the path of least resistance and get the biggest brush out. frustration is fuel. we must embrace it and burn it for our journey and reach greater heights as shitposters

my only real concern is if something is truly too inconvenient, but the only time i truly ever felt concerned was with rally back in season 0, and its much better now than it once now that it floors at 1x minimum and you can't get ludicrous knockback exp anymore. and frankly if we can live with posts being flipped upside down and converted into fucking braille i think we can survive anything else that comes our way.
Agastya
realistically though i just wanna post and have a good time doing it and mw is the first forum ive used in years that's let me feel any sort of freedom in doing so
BIRDS ACTIVATED
HylianDev
(Jan 17, 2017 at 7:36 PM)Spritanium Wrote: @HylianDev How so

you were criticizing us for considering highly popular features that are also on MW, while we were not considering adopting MW's "lifeblood"
HylianDev
I'm just joking about it, I like both sites
T-man
Yeah, most of your criticisms stem from being a dumb phone poster. I use my phone a lot too, but it's really more of a secondary way to experience Minus World as MW demands power for many of it's wonders.

I'd really like if there were an option to disable spells on mobile devices without also disabling them on PC. Maybe even on certain devices.
Agastya
(Jan 17, 2017 at 9:10 PM)HylianDev Wrote: I'm just joking about it, I like both sites

[Image: EzRyCGB.png]
BIRDS ACTIVATED