Spooks?
Attention, all residents of Minus World! A body has been discovered!

@Syaxamaphone has been discovered dead in the Gymnasium, lying in a pool of her own blood.

Case File
-The victim was found dead on the floor from a stab wound to the back
-There were minimal signs of a struggle and no real injuries beyond the fatal wound, suggesting the murder was not motivated by revenge or anger, and was a surprise kill
-An examination of the body shows that the victim had the Special Role of Ultimate Liar
-The stab wound matches a knife taken from the Kitchen, but it has been cleaned very carefully, and while fingerprints are present, they are too smudged to examine

Witness Accounts
-Another person planned to kill the target, but was too late. They did however see someone sneaking out of the Gymnasium late at night.
-Because the person was stealthy, they could not get a good view, however the perpetrator was wearing a strange hat, perhaps denoting a Special Role
-They also noted the username floating above the perpetrator's head as Four (4) or less characters long, not counting emojis and they didn't recognize it as anything resembling a real word.

What's this thread for besides that, you're probably wondering? Well, it's simple! Similar to the killing day announcement, I'm just around to the spread the word, but again, questions are always welcome, and perhaps more important than before... I am after all, the Great and Omnipresent Monokuma, and I see all!

Also opening up simultaneously is the CLASS TRIAL, where you can vote for the killer, make a case for yourself as NOT being the killer, and by midnight tonight, we'll execute the one with the most votes!
Fun With Despair
Perhaps this deserves a bump over the class trial, for now.
Pedigree
Quote:They also noted the username floating above the perpetrator's head as Four (4) or less characters long, not counting emojis and they didn't recognize it as anything resembling a real word.

Yrr has a username that is three letters long, but so does Pea. Unfortunately for Yrr, Pea's name DOES resemble a real word while Yrr's name does not. It is also worth noting that both of these members are the only participating members besides Elyk with usernames that contain four or less characters.

I can't reveal my sources but I do happen to know that both Pea and Yrr made an attempt on Syaxamaphone, but it's clear Yrr made the killing blow given the evidence we have so far.
Fun With Despair
At the same time, we must not discount that Pea's name is currently spelled as a simple emoji, and not the word "Pea" right now.

An error in voting would be most dire indeed. It's risky business out here
Spooks?
Yep! The whole thing might hinge on what someone considers a "real word"!

How despairingly difficult, this choice is!
Pedigree
I forgot that Pea's username is currently an emoji, damn.

Does anyone have additional information on Pea's and Yrr's whereabouts last night?
Yrrzy
I was visiting my good friend syaxamaphone for completely reasonable and non-murdering purposes when alas I found them dead already and spotted that emojified fiend fleeing the scene
Nabber
that does not sound very convincing
Pedigree
Also I would like to say now, to further remove Elyk from the equation, that he made no attempted murders last night according to my sources.
Pedigree
If anyone has additional information we sure could use it, I'd hate to leave it up to a 50/50 chance even if both made the attempt.
Spooks?
I WILL say that the murderer and the witness MIGHT have seen a little more than I let on!
Pedigree
@🦌Yrr🦌 and @🅿️️

Why were you trying to kill Syaxamaphone in the first place? If you did arrive on the scene after the deed was already done, what exactly did you see? Details, details, details.
Yrrzy
i found a corpse and witnessed "the killer retreating briefly though, and noticed that their username was less than four (4) letters long and they had a Special Role"
Nabber
that's exactly what we were told in the thread (well, i guess the less than 4 letters long part is more specific). but it doesn't make much sense that you'd be told such similar information when it was going to be publicly revealed anyway
Spooks?
Ummm... I miiiiiight have forgot to set up cameras around the Kitchen, so I don't know which one of them went in there, but I CAN confirm that Yrr DID visit the victim's room before heading to the Gymnasium, while Pea went straight there.

[Special location traits mentioned by Monokuma, such as a lack of cameras, can be used to your advantage in future murders if you keep them noted.]
Yrrzy
im assuming the specificity is the part we dont know, if not then someone else has info they arent giving
Pedigree
Specifically specifying that the username was less than four letters long excluding emojis is a bit more information than we were given by the witness, but it could just be a diversion to throw us off Yrr's trail since we already narrowed it down to the two of them already.
Pedigree
(Jan 25, 2017 at 12:56 AM)Monokuma Wrote: Ummm... I miiiiiight have forgot to set up cameras around the Kitchen, so I don't know which one of them went in there, but I CAN confirm that Yrr DID visit the victim's room before heading to the Gymnasium, while Pea went straight there.

Hmm, this does coincide with the witness accounts, but I have to wonder, does this mean that we can only confirm for certain that Yrr was at the scene of the crime? Can anyone else place Pea there?
Yrrzy
the scene of the crime was the gymnasium (see OP), i arrived there second because i stopped by the room
Pedigree
Oh, derp.

Well that puts Pea there before Yrr.

Anyone else have thoughts?