Edutainment Games You Actually Liked

Revolver Ocelot
Most kids hated learning things on purpose, but how about learning things accidentally!?

Aside from the obligatory "yeah Oregon Trail kicked ass" post, what are some other edutainment games you remember being actually fun?

One I remember was Super Solvers: Midnight Rescue, which was actually pretty awesome. You're trying to figure out which of five robots is hiding the Big Bad of the game. To get the robots' clues, you have to take pictures of them when they appear, but they'll only appear to attack you - when they attack, they take some of your film, and you only have a limited amount. To get clues for what to look for on the robots, you have to read little short stories and answer a question about them. Once you have as many clues as you can get in the time you have (until midnight, natch), you put two and two together and save the school from being painted invisible!

It's quite fun, since taking pictures of the robots adds in a little bit of action-twitch gameplay since they usually show up right as you enter or leave a room, and you actually have to dodge their attack and get the picture in a short amount of time, which gets harder and harder as you increase your detective level. It's excellent.

Another game I can't remember the name of, and I don't remember much about. It was a typing game set in space. And I just remember one of the minigames was typing sentences to move a space taxi. And the menu theme for the space taxi was fuckin' sweet as hell and I am super-sad I can't find it anywhere

EDIT: I have since learned that it was literally just called Type for Fun. And doesn't work on 64-bit Windows so I am the sad.

How about you guys? Any neato edutainment games you loved?
You're pretty good.
Draku
[Image: LeT9bfk.jpg]
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Elyk
that robot game was the shit

I had a few of the other JumpStart games and remember liking those too. They were the ones where you were a frog going through a jungle and then the other was a haunted house or something.

Zoombinis was also good.
🍆 Lover
I don't know if the game's any good, but this track's fucking lit.

[Image: diwiue.png]

still a cuck tho
Revolver Ocelot
Above post is why we need a "rockin' out" reaction
You're pretty good.
rtsmarty
i played a rayman teaches rudimentary maths and english skills game

it was great
HylianDev
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater was debatably an educational game to me. I ended up becoming a skateboarder because of it, and learned all kind of skateboarding shit from the games. I even frequented a skate park that was in one of the games.
Demonlemon
Marios time machine for the nes wasn't too bad
If life gives you lemons... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!
[Image: nYwGTpS.png] [Image: 3fIS5XJ.gif]
Reference Humanoid reference Photobucket has sold out, so just take my word
on it that I have every pic anyone ever made for me, lovingly saved on 3 separate
harddrives
Yoshin
Plumo on the Farm/At the Zoo. Great for learning English and/or French and had some fun puzzles
AWFADragNaut
I remember there was these old ass PC learning games when I was like 3 years old that I adored {so about 2000, 2001). They came in a monthly magazine for kids, and that's also the reason why I wouldn't want to play it now because it is specifically a learning tool. God I wish I remembered the name of it
AWFADragNaut
Holy balls I found it

[Image: 747140-learning-land-1-at-the-playground...e-exit.png]

Also shoutout to MIGHTY MATHS

[Image: 97655_front.jpg]
Beako
Does this count as Edutainment?

[Image: bSuAPDo.jpg]

It taught me to eat plenty of nutritious Cap'n Crunch™ Cereal (part of a complete breakfast.)
Spritanium
[Image: treasure-mathstorm_1.png]
[Image: supercorrect.png]
DrTapeworm
i played sim ant like once as a kid and immediately died and a still image of a dead, mutilated ant showed up and i cried
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Syaxamaphone
(Feb 3, 2017 at 5:15 AM)DrTapeworm Wrote: i played sim ant like once as a kid and immediately died and a still image of a dead, mutilated ant showed up and i cried

The SNES port was the root cause of my crippling arachnophobia.

That asshole spider haunted my nightmares for years...
Syaxamaphone
You now know my one weakness, MW. Please do not abuse the powerful knowledge you've gained on this day!
[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
Fun With Despair
(Feb 3, 2017 at 5:43 AM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: You now know my one weakness, MW. Please do not abuse the powerful knowledge you've gained on this day!
I am watching.

Waiting.

You will never know peace.
Agastya
i beat the nes version of mario is missing and looking back on it i didnt actually like it
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
that franklin turtle pc game was goty all years when i was 7 or 6